Stacy Coley HL

Advertisement
I remember being so hyped when he committed, he was a talent for sure. Remember him being injured a lot, he would have put up a lot more numbers here.
haha legit my Avi. One of my favorite recruiting wins of the last 10 years. We felt so down that year in recruiting and needed something. I'd argue he's the second most talented guy we've signed at receiver since 2012 after Ahmmon.

Advertisement
I think a lot of his "injuries" were more a lack of toughness than him being actually injured. He only missed like 3 games over 4 seasons. One of my lasting memories of his time here was a game in 2016 where Miami was running the hurry up and he made a nice catch and got tackled in bounds. He got up making the hand signal for "substitution" and Mark Richt ran halfway out on the field and turned him right back around. He was slightly built and pretty fearless but most fans tend to remember him for having to sub out of the game every time he'd get tackled. He's lucky he played in the slow offenses of Coley and Richt instead of the Lashlee hurry up.

6a00d83451b26169e2017ee8478c7a970d.webp

Advertisement
He had a **** good career here, but man his freshman year really seemed special. That screen against V-Tech and some other plays missing from the highlight (at least I didn’t see them) include his big plays against Pitt and the punt return TD against Duke. His speed his freshman year was on another level.

Advertisement
I loved Coley.

He's the only Cane to have a Rushing, Receiving, PR & KR Touchdown in the same season - and he did it as a true Freshman. He was electric at times.

I kept thinking it was eventually all going to click for Coley, but unfortunately it just never all came together. Definitely an underrated Cane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back