Spring PractiSe #3 : Media today: Kevin Steele, Al Blades Jr., James Williams and DJ Ivey

Jacurri arm looks just as if not stronger than TVDs and his off platform throws are insane. Add that with him being a far better athlete than them two combined I think if we get his mechanics right he has cam newton potential. Me saying this isn’t a knock on tvd or jake at all they’re gonna be special too
I hope you're right but I think TVD is going to do to the NFL what Herbert is doing. Kid is the goods.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El I think Kam played really good and I see him as a Jaqaun Johnson with more ball skills. Tae is going to be a star from the limited time I've seen him. So my question is. Do you think there will be packages put in with Kam and Tae as the Safety and move Williams up in the box?
Absolutely there will.

Steele’s Defense at LSU & at Auburn was very versatile, he had several sub packages for Hybrid Safety guys like Jamien Sherwood who he moved around all over the field.

Advertisement
Honestly, Thad fell behind last year because of his weight and habits. Brown came in to camp in shape and willing to put in the work. All things being equal, they’re not close imo.
A kid who comes in shape and willing to put in work...isnt just going to stop doing that though is my point. Talent wise i think Thad is better. Im just saying it aint an easy out when you have a kid like that...either way its a good problem to have imo...and im bias as **** to Thad Franklin because he is from my area an ive coached against him n see him regularly.

Me personally I would likely try to maybe shirt one of them to create seperation if need be if Parrish and Chaney comes on.

Advertisement
A little OT but Harrell never sees meaningful field time as anything but that third “safety” role. Kid is a linebacker.

I feel like J Dub has the athleticism to play a legit safety role at the highest level in college. But I wouldn’t just play two starters when you have Kinchens and AW. Rotate all three.

there have been times Miami has had co-starters at safety, I remember Charles Pharms and Hurlie Brown basically splitting snaps opposite Darryl Williams(who was an All-American) in 91.

With the tempo of many offenses today, there are plenty of snaps to be had by a lot of players

Kam has higher Football IQ & awareness, Tae has better raw athletic skills.

I can’t remember the game but I saw that up close on this crazy interception he made at home, I think it was either his first or second game back. Somebody remind me where this happened, because I’m pretty sure I saw it live

Advertisement
One thing I just thought about, I always just assumed that once we brought in Parrish & signed Citizen that Cody Brown would be the odd man out & we’ll see what happens by the end of Spring...

But what if he actually sticks? We could possibly have 6 **** RB’s lol

And we’re definitely gonna use’em all in this offense, a lot...

I can’t remember the last time we had a RB stable that deep before. **** even if Brown does end up hitting the Portal, having 5 backs like Thad Franklin, Jaylan Knighton, Henry Parrish Jr, Don Chaney Jr & Trevonte Citizen is pretty **** crazy when you think about it.

A kid who comes in shape and willing to put in work...isnt just going to stop doing that though is my point. Talent wise i think Thad is better. Im just saying it aint an easy out when you have a kid like that...either way its a good problem to have imo...and im bias as **** to Thad Franklin because he is from my area an ive coached against him n see him regularly.

Me personally I would likely try to maybe shirt one of them to create seperation if need be if Parrish and Chaney comes on.
Unfortuanately Cody brown is a low ceiling plodder. He will probably transfer. He looked bad last year. Slow, no wiggle, nothing. Give him a hole and he’ll get whatever yards until there is a tackler. He is not a Miami caliber back if we’re trying to get back to being something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back