Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Miami fans are putting alot of Faith in a potential DC hire(Schuman) that has had the best defensive talent in America the past few years, has never called plays, and has worked under and been protected by Smart and Lanning. I'm sure he is brilliant, but brilliant doesn't mean a Good defensive play caller.

….aaaand, assuming this is true, what would you suggest us fans do?

Not put faith in a Mario hire two seconds after he’s been named head coach?

Tell me what should we do?

Start the bltching campaign?

Advertisement
I mean some names are more exciting than others (always), but Oregon was highly ranked (on the field and recruiting) the last few years! We… were not that great. Taking half their staff doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me
Makes sense that while implementing his vision of culture at Miami, Cristobal would want to have a core group of coaches come from Oregon. I fully support that move

….aaaand, assuming this is true, what would you suggest us fans do?

Not put faith in a Mario hire two seconds after he’s been named head coach?

Tell me what should we do?

Start the bltching campaign?
Not trusting coaches has been ingrained into fans brains for years. It's going to be a slow, painful process to work out of that.

This would be a **** good staff if everything works out as expected:

OC/QB - Kendal Briles
RB - Jim Mastro
WR -Bryan Mcclendon
TE - Stephen Field
OL - Alex Mirabal

DC/ILB - Glenn Schumann
DE - Joe Salave'a
Co-DC/OLB/ST - Chris Partridge
CB - Rod Chance
DB - T-Rob
Would be the best staff in the ACC and on a par with any SEC team period.

Advertisement
I feel Miami fans are putting alot of Faith in a potential DC hire(Schuman) that has had the best defensive talent in America the past few years, has never called plays, and has worked under and been protected by Smart and Lanning. I'm sure he is brilliant, but brilliant doesn't mean a Good defensive play caller.
Kirby himself stated that Schumann had as much to do with their defensive successes as Lanning. They did all of the game planning jointly. Hope he takes the job (or has already taken in and is waiting until the right time to announce).

Reactions: WIN
Advertisement
No one has mentioned Ken Dorsey in 10+ pages. So, Ken Dorsey, just because.
If you were bringing in Dorsey, than you'd want experienced college coaches, some with coordinator experience, lined up for him, since he wouldn't be available until, well the Bills lose. Kind of like Jim Mastro and Bryan McClendon...

This would be a **** good staff if everything works out as expected:

OC/QB - Kendal Briles
RB - Jim Mastro
WR -Bryan Mcclendon
TE - Stephen Field
OL - Alex Mirabal

DC/ILB - Glenn Schumann
DE - Joe Salave'a
Co-DC/OLB/ST - Chris Partridge
CB - Rod Chance
DB - T-Rob
I know Mario has been quoted as mentioning how hard it is to recruit against Chris Partridge but outside of that what does he bring as a coach? Underwhelming results for his defense’s. I’d take Barry Odoms off of Arkansas’ hands if anything

Advertisement
God bless. We could hire Belichick to be our DC and ppl would find issues w/ the hire... Don't think we'll land Shumann but w/e

I know Mario has been quoted as mentioning how hard it is to recruit against Chris Partridge but outside of that what does he bring as a coach? Underwhelming results for his defense’s. I’d take Barry Odoms off of Arkansas’ hands if anything
Eventually you need to coach and scheme, not just bring talent in. There is nothing, nothing more frustrating as a fan than knowing you have more talent than the team on the other side, and still lose to them. We've seen enough of that crap here.

What do you mean, “his defenses”? He has never been a coordinator, lol. He signed Devin Bush and was his LB coach for his first 2/3 years at Michigan and developed him to a top 10 pick in his draft class? He then switched to Safety coach and coached Josh Metellus, a Miami boy, for his last 2 years and got him drafted and he is still active. Michigan was also top 20 run defense in both his years as Lb coach.

He just finished his 2nd year at Ole Miss coaching safeties, and their pass efficiency on D is top 40, much improved in year 2 after a horrible year 1.

So the sample size isn’t huge, but he has shown the ability to develop and have productive players/units and he is ELITE on the trail. I do agree with the notion that him AND Schumann probably won’t come. I hope I’m wrong though.

And again, I don’t want him at coordinator, but as an asst coach…I’d be all for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There will be question marks with every hire..

SMU didn’t hire him as their HC because “hE sUcKs bRo!” There was a sh*t ton of options they could’ve gone with to be the successor of Sonny Dykes, they picked him for a reason.

Then people say it was all TVD, but have no explanation for how we went 8-3 with King.

He is gonna do a good job at SMU.

His offense will have untimely failures against big boy defenses unless he hires a stud oc.

Lashlee is a good coach. Not average. Not elite. He is definitely good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back