Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really surprised that coaches Mario thought were good enough for Oregon are guys he would bring over with him to Miami? This is what coaches do when they move programs..they bring their best guys, keep guys from the program they think are good, and then supplement as needed. No idea why this is a hard concept to grasp.
Yes it is a very easy concept that a coach is gunna take guys he's worked with. But everyone was saying we were going to be getting elite guys and that money wasn't an issue. So we are literally basically getting what Oregon was + more on Coordinators basically. Not exactly what was being rumored imo.

Advertisement
Keith Heyward current OLB’s coach at Cal & former Safeties coach for Mario at Oregon, was seen today with Mario in Eugene. Could be nothing, could be something...

But he’s a very very good recruiter.

Here’s what I posted in Duck Tears https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/duck-tears.171621/post-5640278
Screenshot_20211224-210615_Twitter.webp

Here is the Photo

Advertisement
Yes it is a very easy concept that a coach is gunna take guys he's worked with. But everyone was saying we were going to be getting elite guys and that money wasn't an issue. So we are literally basically getting what Oregon was + more on Coordinators basically. Not exactly what was being rumored imo.
Can not speak for we but I expected Mario to hire a staff he believes can get the job done. If that includes some of his assistants at Oregon so be it.

Hayward as the Safeties coach and moving T-Rob back to CB's would make a lot of sense IMO.

Idk why people aren't more supportive of the Oregon staff member he's targeting such as Mirabal, McClendon, the d-line guy and now Hayward. All have very impressive resumes and they built excellent recruiting classes at Oregon.

Schumann ain't coming here unless it's as sole DC. He's a CO-DC at a bigger program already.

Don't see how ppl see us getting Chris partridge and Schumann both. It's gonna be one or the other imo
He would be the DC here. Co-DC is just a title given to the guy who is second fiddle on the defensive staff. He would be the one designing the defense and calling the plays here and the Co-DC would give him support. It’s looking like Muschamp is the DC at UGA and he is supporting him as of now.

Advertisement
That was always a bit far fetched... Just because we have money doesn't mean we can go out and cherrypick whoever we want, the vast majority of coaches will only leave for either a promotion or a massive pay increase. Lots of school's have money to spend, we're just catching up to other top tier programs.

This would be a **** good staff if everything works out as expected:

OC/QB - Kendal Briles
RB - Jim Mastro
WR - Bryan Mcclendon
TE - Stephen Field
OL - Alex Mirabal

DC/ILB - Glenn Schumann
DE - Joe Salave'a
Co-DC/OLB/ST - Chris Partridge / Keith Heyward
CB - Rod Chance
DB - T-Rob
Correct me if I'm wrong but this would probably be our youngest staff ever, right? I know Jimmy brought some younger guys that he had known since his Pitt days but both proposed coordinators here would be in their 30s (Schumann barely 30) as would be a bunch of other guys with Mastro essentially being the "greybeard".

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would probably be our youngest staff ever, right? I know Jimmy brought some younger guys that he had known since his Pitt days but both proposed coordinators here would be in their 30s (Schumann barely 30) as would be a bunch of other guys with Mastro essentially being the "greybeard".
Mario and Mirabal are in their 50's

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back