Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I have a hard time believing that both the rumored ST's coach and LB coach are being considered for on-field roles, given our supposed budget. I'm thinking at least one of them is off-field.

I have a hard time believing that both the rumored ST's coach and LB coach are being considered for on-field roles, given our supposed budget. I'm thinking at least one of them is off-field.
Me too. Especially if the La Tech guy was on Holtz’s staff. He’s about to be unemployed so I hope we aren’t hiring a La Tech cast off for on field.

Advertisement
Is it unprofessional to recruit for Miami while you're still employed at Oregon? Trying to see where we draw the line of being professional and unprofessional.
Not if there’s an understanding with the current school. I think everyone assumes several Oregon assistants are going with Mario, so probably no issues there. I think we could probably announce those, but respect the process there.

But we haven’t heard of any coordinators recruiting. For example, if we are after (or have an agreement with) Schumann, yeah I would be quiet in that case as there is more weight to that with the playoffs. Haven’t heard about him recruiting at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
David Lake just posted an article on TOS. Anyone care to share?
- Briles likely the top target for OC
- Mastro deciding between coming to Miami as RB coach (would make more $$$) or joining Ken Wilson's staff at Nevada as OC
- Schumann, Derek Mason and Chris Partridge still names to know for DC
- Rod Chance's name in play to work with T-Rob (not being retained at Oregon)
- Mirabal, McClendon, Salave'a, T-Rob and Aaron Feld unofficially offical
- Mario bringing one of his offensive analysts to Miami (Cody Woodiel). Turned down opportunity to be Nevada's OL coach to come and be an analyst at Miami, which shows $$$ commitment program is making with support staff

Last edited:
Nothing we don't already know
If we hire extra DB coach or LB coach depends on DC Hire

For example Schumann would coach LBs, so we would probably hire an extra DB coach .. But Derek Mason coaches safeties so we would hire a LB coach

- Briles likely the top target for OC
- Mastro deciding between coming to Miami as RB coach (would make more $$$) or joining Ken Wilson's staff at Nevada as OC
- Schumann, Derek Mason and Chris Partridge still names to know for DC
- Rod Chance's name in play to work with T-Rob (not being retained at Oregon)
- Mirabal, McClendon, Salave'a, T-Rob and Aaron Feld unofficially offical
- Mario bringing one of his offensive analysts to Miami (Cody Woodiel). Turned down opportunity to be Nevada's OL coach to come and be an analyst at Miami, which shows $$$ commitment program is making with support staff
Mastro should def take the Nevada gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back