Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, how is this hard to understand? We've been having this same conversation for weeks now.

He never said he thinks Dorsey sucks. He never said he didn't think he'd be a good play caller. What he said is he doesn't KNOW. That's all. Why are we going after an unknown? Didn't we just do that with Manny Diaz? Jon Richt? Etc etc etc.

We had one shot to get this right with Mario, and we nailed it. He's proven. We don't know what his ceiling is, but we've seen him do this at this level. He's PROVEN. Dorsey is not. Could he be good? Maybe. But we KNOW there are other guys out there who have proven they can do this. Why would you go for an unproven guy when you can take a sure thing? Or at least something very close to a sure thing?

And lastly, is Ken Dorsey on any other school's radar? I don't think so, so why should he be on ours? Just because he played here? Contrary to popular belief, good football is played in other places than Coral Gables. We don't have to sign every Miami guy. We're allowed to branch out.

If this was a year or two ago, and we were panhandling on US1, begging for spare change to hire coaches and staff, then maybe Dorsey would be an option. But we have money now. We don't need to budget hire. We don't need to find a diamond in the rough. We can find a diamond in the middle of the ******* display case and slap our **** on the glass and buy that ************. Enough with the Dorsey and Torretta and Chud nonsense. Hire guys who have proven they can be elite at this level. Not guys we think might be smart just because they've been to Versailles.

Dorsey is a proven elite QB coach and we have a potential first round QB. If you have a QB, you can beat anyone.

Advertisement
Mario and Dorsey aren't playing . .have to let Mario build the staff first .. but I imagine you know that and your comment was a troll.
tenor.gif

Does Glenn Schumann call the defensive plays at Georgia or is he unproven and 4th in the defensive hierarchy this season (behind Smart, Lanning, and Muschamp)? I completely understand not wanting a first time coordinator. I also completely do not understand why this is endlessly brought up about Dorsey or any OC candidates and just 100% glossed over about everyone's new wet dream for DC.

Advertisement
Who is Cincy OC?
Mike Denbrock, he’s a Brian Kelly disciple from his days way back at Grand Valley St in the 90’s & was with Tyrone Willingham from Stanford, Notre Dame & Washington.

He also coached TE’s & WR’s under Brian Kelly at Notre Dame for 7 seasons before Fickell hired him at Cincinnati.

He’s been rumored to be Kelly’s top pick for OC at LSU.

There's a difference in hiring a nobody as a first time OC and a guy who 100% is going to get an NFL OC job if he wants one who has been the QB coach of two superstar QBs this decade ... People acting like hiring Dorsey as OC is a crazy move....

Now there is certainly some risk, but make no mistake the only reason we'd even be in play for Dorsey is BECAUSE he's a Cane .... not the opposite....

Briles as OC may be more exciting offense, but who knows if it would be better or worse. But we can be 100% sure Dorsey is probably the best QB coach we can get. Plus we likely are going to have other guys on the offense with play calling experience and hopefully an *** load of quality analysts to assist....

Ultimately there's a lot of OC options I think we will be happy with

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly I'm shocked no one has broached the possibility of OJ as an analyst or RBs coach. After all, he once rushed for 2,000 yards in the league and has that NFL pedigree that so many on here fetishize above all else.

Does Glenn Schumann call the defensive plays at Georgia or is he unproven and 4th in the defensive hierarchy this season (behind Smart, Lanning, and Muschamp)? I completely understand not wanting a first time coordinator. I also completely do not understand why this is endlessly brought up about Dorsey or any OC candidates and just 100% glossed over about everyone's new wet dream for DC.

Advertisement
Am I though?

Mario is a top 5 coach & Dorsey is the QB’s coach for the best offense in the NFL, if we hire Dorsey, how do we not go undefeated? Who would beat us?
Well I guess if you add him to Barrow at LBer coach,Ed Reed as safeties coach Rumph at CB coach and Soldinger at RB coach the rest of CFB could just stay home…is Harold Allen still alive? We could add him at Oline coach so Mario wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back