Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hiring coaches after nsd is wild, hope it doesn’t mean we just getting the last options
Freshman should be seen not heard.

almost like we need a jv CIS board until you prove you belong here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.

If the DC is hired - I had reason to believe he was hired but I doubt it was legit with every day that passed with no announcement - he’s not telling any recruits.

Brini was interested but wouldn’t even consider Miami without knowing (not certain Miami wanted him regardless), a kid that would up at LSU was interested but didn’t know who the OC would be, Shemar, I think it factored into Kevin Coleman’s decision as well.

It’s all these position flexible guys on defense that want to know how they’re gonna be used. If obviously makes no difference for Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss, and guys that are built for 1 position.
At this point, something seems to be going on that we're missing...unless when Brooklyn alluded to a "plan" he meant something orchestrated closer to signing day...I don't see a clear reason for any sort of hold up on our end in regards to hiring a defensive coordinator coming from the college ranks. NFL would make sense, but not someone like Belk. Only holdup I could see would be negative - he prefers ND job and is seeing if they offer it to him, or go a different route; but that's just my take on it all from an outside perspective.

Waiting until after signing day has no benefits either, other than being more thorough in the overall search. Not letting high school and transfer kids that are interested in the school know who the candidate is (if he's allegedly hired), can't be spun in a good way; only deflected. If he's not hired, that makes sense because you can't say a name that might not come to fruition.

Never heard of a kid say he committed to a school because of the mystique of not knowing who's responsible for coordinating his side of the ball lol.

Advertisement
Clock doesn't start until Chiefs touch the ball, if Bass squibs it and it's picked up let's say at the 30 by KC falling on it, most likely do that to give themselves up, they lose a second at most. Trying to get to the Bills 40 isn't much of a difference still with timeouts.

I agree otherwise, as soon as they motioned everyone else away from Kelce it was like okay...you have a LB/CB/S over him...wait...why isn't Levi collapsing it..oh COME ON
If they fall on it and no one touches them wouldn’t the clock run? And facts the entire defensive gameplan was bad

If the DC is hired - I had reason to believe he was hired but I doubt it was legit with every day that passed with no announcement - he’s not telling any recruits.

Brini was interested but wouldn’t even consider Miami without knowing (not certain Miami wanted him regardless), a kid that would up at LSU was interested but didn’t know who the OC would be, Shemar, I think it factored into Kevin Coleman’s decision as well.

It’s all these position flexible guys on defense that want to know how they’re gonna be used. If obviously makes no difference for Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss, and guys that are built for 1 position.
Say this again and louder for the Miami Honor Guard in the back

Advertisement
At this point, something seems to be going on that we're missing...unless when Brooklyn alluded to a "plan" he meant something orchestrated closer to signing day...I don't see a clear reason for any sort of hold up on our end in regards to hiring a defensive coordinator coming from the college ranks. NFL would make sense, but not someone like Belk. Only holdup I could see would be negative - he prefers ND job and is seeing if they offer it to him, or go a different route; but that's just my take on it all from an outside perspective.

Waiting until after signing day has no benefits either, other than being more thorough in the overall search. Not letting high school and transfer kids that are interested in the school know who the candidate is (if he's allegedly hired), can't be spun in a good way; only deflected. If he's not hired, that makes sense because you can't say a name that might not come to fruition.

Never heard of a kid say he committed to a school because of the mystique of not knowing who's responsible for coordinating his side of the ball lol.
Eventually being thorough is going to do more harm than good.

Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.
He hates DT that much he wouldn’t even play it on 3rd downs? **** lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back