Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I mean whether or not it’s clickbait, I don’t blame a kid who wants to know who his defensive coordinator is going to be. Pretty reasonable request on his end when making a very important decision pertaining to your career.

If this staff is allegedly done, however, I’d imagine he already knows.

Advertisement
Not knowing who is going to coach your side of the ball was bound to hurt with some recruits despite the claims that "it doesn't matter, bro."
I imagine it hurts with transfers the most.

Transfers often only a have years of eligibility and they're often looking for immediate playing time, so they can showcase their talent before the draft, and coaches with a track record of development, so they can grow and make it to the league.

I mean whether or not it’s clickbait, I don’t blame a kid who wants to know who his defensive coordinator is going to be. Pretty reasonable request on his end when making a very important decision pertaining to your career.

Completely reasonable request.

Advertisement
It's probably what Dorsey is waiting for, but Daboll getting a head coach job isn't guaranteed.
It'd be hard for Dorsey to turn down or not pursue an NFL OC job. But, who knows what he's thinking..maybe he's decided now's the time to go back to the U for 2-3 years, build his resume and return his alma mater to the place it belongs, on top of college football. Then go back to his NFL career. Being a great OC at a high profile program like Miami isn't gonna hurt his NFL career.

Yes it is guaranteed lol there’s 8 openings. He’s getting one.

Who is his DC at Jackson State?

Advertisement
View attachment 174121
This is from SI’s MMQB article today. Just seems extremely unlikely he comes here.

It would be pretty wild if he came here. He's been in the NFL for 8 years and it sounds like he's about to become the OC for a top 3 offense with a superstar QB.

He's on a path to having a realistic shot at becoming an NFL head coach.

If the DC is hired - I had reason to believe he was hired but I doubt it was legit with every day that passed with no announcement - he’s not telling any recruits.

Brini was interested but wouldn’t even consider Miami without knowing (not certain Miami wanted him regardless), a kid that would up at LSU was interested but didn’t know who the OC would be, Shemar, I think it factored into Kevin Coleman’s decision as well.

It’s all these position flexible guys on defense that want to know how they’re gonna be used. If obviously makes no difference for Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss, and guys that are built for 1 position.

Advertisement
The current DC at Jackson State is Dennis Thurman .. played DB in the NFL with the Cowboys and was the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR for The Jets (2012 and 2014) and the Bills (2015 and 2016). Deion has some decent coaches on his staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back