SIAP B. Baker may be on the move to TN as DC...

Serious question - If you were Baker, would you jump on the Tennessee DC job if offered or would you stay at LSU as LB Coach for now?
Jump on it. Guy will end up with a promotion after that garbage he put on the field for us.

Advertisement
For somebody who the boards claim is trash he sure is a wanted man. 🤷🏾‍♂️🙄
Perhaps there's just not much available or it's the "good ole boy" network.

If you look at his defensive stats outside of the last two years then he's impressive. So, who is he? Pre or post 2019 Baker?

Either way, I don't care. For me, I fell off the Baker wagon with 4th & 17 UNC 2019 and ended with 62 points and 778 yards UNC 2020. Good Riddance!!!!

You jump into threads at times with this type of wounded Manny Warrior comment like I do making fun of the partisan one-track minded hacks on both sides here.

People can legitimately discuss things and even draw conclusions that don’t necessarily shower all sunshine on Manny and it’s not “anti” anything, it’s called honest thought and discussion supported by differing rationales.

I think most people on here - many of whom aren’t as vocal - are actually more anti-All Slurper and anti-All Mope than anti-Manny.
I think it’s important RVA not to rush to judge a book by its cover and if we’re gonna start putting people anti-slurper, anti-mope and anti-manny groups that we make sure to get it right and not assume. I can’t talk for anyone else but for me, please make sure you put me in the Anti-Manure group. While I acknowledge, manure is good for the earth, for my landscaping And the farmers all over this country that feed us, it’s not good for Miami football! It stinks, it’s sticks to the bottom of your shoes when you step in it and follows you around for the rest of your day, like the manure slurpers do with posts on here. I’ve also come to realize in the last 5 seasons that Manure also moonlights as a “head coach” or more specifically, plays make believe one. He is a charlatan, a fraud, a snake oil salesman, a phony, a CONfidence man, a grifter, a magician and a coRch! Just wanted to make sure I was on the record my friend, just like our mutual friend @Go Canes!! is on the record saying he’d rather have the Ticket salesman from hockey country continue to be our AD versus a guy who has actually proven to be able to build a successful football program in Danny White. 😉👍

Last edited:
This is gonna turn into a Blake Baker truther thread isn’t it?

Well, let me throw the first Molotov ****tail before I run out the room...

If Blake was really a good DC but was hindered by Manny, then that means it’s Manny’s fault our Defense has regressed over the last 2 seasons... Which flies in the face of the numerous threads that have been posted over the last week or so declaring Manny a very good/90th percentile DC.

So, if you think Baker really was a good DC, you then can’t declare Manny a good DC too...

Either Baker was no bueno & what we saw in the 2019 & 2020 seasons was not an illusion, OR, Manny is the real culprit behind the Defense falling off a cliff from 2018, which should raise some eyebrows because guess who’s the DC for this season?...

Can’t have it both ways... Now I’ll sit back & watch chaos ensue lol

Manny's defense in 2017 and 18 tells a different story too. It might be it was just a mismatch with Baker and Manny, the overseer. Maybe Baker on his own gives him more leeway to do what he wants w/o Manny breathing over his shoulder.

Advertisement
Manny's defense in 2017 and 18 tells a different story too. It might be it was just a mismatch with Baker and Manny, the overseer. Maybe Baker on his own gives him more leeway to do what he wants w/o Manny breathing over his shoulder.
Just FYI the 2017 defense had one of the worst 3rd down completion percentages in the country. And for good measure that defense was also dead last In CFB in 4th down conversation percentage I believe or **** close. So might want to edit out that 2017 in your post because 2018 Was the only year manure has been worth a **** here.

Mope has also become synonymous with people who say anything critical at all too. There are few all out mopes on here imo.
I don’t think that’s the case. There’s plenty of people who have been critical here that I wouldn’t consider to be “mopes”. It’s perfectly normal to be critical. The “mopes” are hyper critical of everything and rarely, if ever offer positive solutions besides “fire x”. The mopes open a thread full of good news and find a way to complain about something. There’s a difference between constructive criticism and relentless *****ing.

Last edited:
This is gonna turn into a Blake Baker truther thread isn’t it?

Well, let me throw the first Molotov ****tail before I run out the room...

If Blake was really a good DC but was hindered by Manny, then that means it’s Manny’s fault our Defense has regressed over the last 2 seasons... Which flies in the face of the numerous threads that have been posted over the last week or so declaring Manny a very good/90th percentile DC.

So, if you think Baker really was a good DC, you then can’t declare Manny a good DC too...

Either Baker was no bueno & what we saw in the 2019 & 2020 seasons was not an illusion, OR, Manny is the real culprit behind the Defense falling off a cliff from 2018, which should raise some eyebrows because guess who’s the DC for this season?...

Can’t have it both ways... Now I’ll sit back & watch chaos ensue lol

One observation I have and, by no means am I defending Baker, is our LB recruiting. Since Manny has been here how haven’t we had better LB’s than Shaq or Pickney? I mean both of those guys were pretty good but, fairly meh...compared to the Miami standard. I know Steed, Jennings, Wilder and, Brooks have all had injury issues but, I kind of put the blame of LB recruiting on Manny. Some **** poor evaluations in that department.

I think it’s important RVA not to rush to judge a book by its cover and if we’re gonna start putting people anti-slurper, anti-mope and anti-manny groups that we make sure to get it right and not assume. I can’t talk for anyone else but for me, please make sure you put me in the Anti-Manure group. While I acknowledge, manure is good for the earth, for my landscaping And the farmers all over this country that feed us, it’s not good for Miami football! It stinks, it’s sticks to the bottom of your shoes when you step in it and follows you around for the rest of your day like the manure slurpers do with posts on here. I’ve also come to realize in the last 5 seasons that Manure also moonlights as a “head coach” or more specifically, plays make believe one. He is a charlatan, a fraud, a snake oil salesman, a phony, a CONfidence man, a grifter, a magician and a coRch! Just wanted to make sure I was on the record my friend, just like our mutual friend @Go Canes!! is on the record saying he’d rather have the Ticket salesman from hockey country continue to be our AD versus a guy who has actually proven to be able to build a successful football program in Danny White. 😉👍
Yeah, you and @Go Canes!! are pretty even-handed on Manny.

68796CA5-3F26-41CD-A8D2-0C96AA43F4FD.gif

Advertisement
I think it’s important RVA not to rush to judge a book by its cover and if we’re gonna start putting people anti-slurper, anti-mope and anti-manny groups that we make sure to get it right and not assume. I can’t talk for anyone else but for me, please make sure you put me in the Anti-Manure group. While I acknowledge, manure is good for the earth, for my landscaping And the farmers all over this country that feed us, it’s not good for Miami football! It stinks, it’s sticks to the bottom of your shoes when you step in it and follows you around for the rest of your day, like the manure slurpers do with posts on here. I’ve also come to realize in the last 5 seasons that Manure also moonlights as a “head coach” or more specifically, plays make believe one. He is a charlatan, a fraud, a snake oil salesman, a phony, a CONfidence man, a grifter, a magician and a coRch! Just wanted to make sure I was on the record my friend, just like our mutual friend @Go Canes!! is on the record saying he’d rather have the Ticket salesman from hockey country continue to be our AD versus a guy who has actually proven to be able to build a successful football program in Danny White. 😉👍
Although it’s the mopiest of mopey, this is probably some of your best work.

Josh Heupel’s top choice for DC at Tenn is Oh State’s LB coach Al Washington, if they pursue Baker it’s because Washington turned him down.
UT has to be real. #1 recruiting is a challenge in TN. #2 they are going to be sanctioned and on probation. Any Vols fan expecting a quick turnaround is on crack. None of the coaches they are getting were their top choice. Faker sounds about right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For whatever reason, Baker just wasn't a good fit here. That's from a DC, LB coach, and recruiting perspective. He did nothing well in his time here and I don't believe that he just forgot how to coach football. Maybe his success at La Tech was an anomaly or maybe something was off with his partnership with Diaz and the rest of the amateur hour coaching staff we had. Either way, we are better off without him and perhaps he'll be successful in a different environment.

I mean....fvck it, if the illusion of SEC bros and 2 extremely ****** corches in corch O and huepel fighting over baker gives manny any form of coaching tree clout then whatever lmao. That bum aint our problem anymore

Advertisement
Back