SIAP B. Baker may be on the move to TN as DC...

Advertisement
That’s some funny **** dude and I can definitely get behind that idea because I certainly wouldn’t let those two flaming characters ever get “behind” me! Lmao
I’m pro *** rights and I’m troubled by his fear of Boy George.

*** bashing humor isn’t my thing.

4D6660E9-4FBF-4CD3-99D8-011DBA68AFB7.gif

Advertisement
Notice he never commits. Gonna put my first person ever on ignore.

Total *****.
No man don’t do that. Neither of you can agree on the bet. He’s offered things - my stuff and you said no and he doesn’t want your terms either.

Advertisement
huepol is another unqualified white dude to get a job because of his relationships! He gets invited to the Friday and Saturday functions Blake’s dudes don’t!! He will flame out at Tennessee and land somewhere else!

I’m not following the terms but the consequences are a brutal tagline chosen by the winner for the loser for the off-season next year.

Something for @NicKane would be like “I slurp Manny like hot **** on a cold day”

One for Go Canes would be like “I slurped Manny’s Corching **** for years & didn’t even get tipped”

You guys have to agree on the taglines in advance at the time of the bet

NY State of Mind would approve this message

We gave up like 780 out of a possible 820 gainable yards in the UNC game.
man i don't know if this is a real state but holy **** does that make it look even 100% worse than experiencing it watching it. That is amazing. So on all their drives, they got the most yards possible combined but 40? unreal.

Advertisement
This is gonna turn into a Blake Baker truther thread isn’t it?

Well, let me throw the first Molotov ****tail before I run out the room...

If Blake was really a good DC but was hindered by Manny, then that means it’s Manny’s fault our Defense has regressed over the last 2 seasons... Which flies in the face of the numerous threads that have been posted over the last week or so declaring Manny a very good/90th percentile DC.

So, if you think Baker really was a good DC, you then can’t declare Manny a good DC too...

Either Baker was no bueno & what we saw in the 2019 & 2020 seasons was not an illusion, OR, Manny is the real culprit behind the Defense falling off a cliff from 2018, which should raise some eyebrows because guess who’s the DC for this season?...

Can’t have it both ways... Now I’ll sit back & watch chaos ensue lol

I don't think it's that difficult to reconcile. Baker was a decent DC at La Tech when it came to scheming against G5 offensive talent. He didn't choose (or didn't know how) to adjust to P5 level talent. Of course, there are a handful of G5 teams with P5-level players, but for the most part his games weren't against that caliber of athlete or top tier QBs.

Playing mostly zone without heavy blitzing against relatively inaccurate QBs isn't a terrible idea. The QBs are bound to eventually make a mistake and have a negative play. No blitzing means chance of a huge backbreaking play. Good strategy against bad QBs, but against accurate QBs, that's suicide. It's no surprise that accurate QBs shredded Baker's style of defense.

Here's the QB's completion % for the season along with the number of pts scored against Miami.

Cunningham 64%- 34 pts
Blackman-56%- 10 pts
Lawrence - 69%- 42 pts
Yellen- 44%- 19 pts
Armstrong- 59%- 14 pts
Hockman 64%- 41 pts
Hooker - 65%- 24 pts* (150 attempts)
Brice- 55% - 0 pts
Howell- 68%- 62 pts
Sanders 63%- 37 pts

It's been pointed out before that GMs in the NFL will rarely look at a QB whose career completion rating is below 59%. That's the magic number for a "decent" QB (rough number that takes into account bad receivers, competition, etc over a career). It's an incredible correlation- if a QB was above the magic number, Baker's D was guaranteed to get smoked (30+ pts). Hooker looks like the exception and a success story for Baker, but he's really not. Most QBs had 300+ passing attempts, he had only 150 and less than 100 completions as he was more like GT option QB than a regular QB (VT was something like 1-6 when he passed for over 200 yards, so the more he passed the greater the chance of a loss).

By comparison, Diaz put a greater emphasis on man coverage and blitzing accurate QBs to make them uncomfortable.

Burrow 58%- 33 pts (was 48% for the game btw)
Guadagni 58%- 24 pts
Morgan 65%- 17 pts
Elliott 62%- 10 pts
Francois 57% - 27 pts
Perkins 65%- 16 pts
Brown 59%- 27 pts
Jones 61%- 20 pts
Marshall 44%- 27 pts* (4 total passes)
Willis 59%- 14 pts
Kenny "The Legend" Pickett 58%- 3 pts
Coan 60%- 35 pts

Generally Diaz was able to keep "decent" QBs (those with 59% or above completion %) under 30 pts. There were a couple duds in there, but nothing like the defense under Baker. Even the game against GT where they scored 27 with Marshall, Miami held them to less than 80 yards passing but the offense turned the ball over 3 times. As has been said many times, a Miami offense should score 30 ppg minimum. Even with a relatively bad defensive performance (27 pts to a QB who was a 44% passer), if Miami scores 30 pts on a bad GT defense, that's a W. 30 pts on offense is not a lot to ask- if we had, managed that then that is an 11 win season with Diaz's D. And then even the absolute worst games (33 and 35 pts), Miami is still less than TD away from a perfect season if we merely score 30 ppg. The bottom line is that in 2018, Diaz's defense gave Miami an opportunity to win every single game. Accurate QBs didn't smoke Miami like they were guaranteed to do under Baker this year. I'm not going to get into the argument as to whether Diaz was an average, good, or elite DC. All I can say for sure is that his defense gave the offense an opportunity to win every game in 2018. In an era when even the "elite" DCs like Venables, Golding, and Schiano are getting smoked by top offenses, a DC that gives your team a chance to win every game is enough for me. Baker falls way short of that.

Last edited:
Heupel is better off with Shannon than Baker. Baker was bad the last 2 years plus he couldn't recruit for sh*t. From Texas and coached in Lousiana and didnt bring nothing while he was here.

Advertisement
Notice he never commits. Gonna put my first person ever on ignore.

Total *****.
Me and @RVACane are waiting for you to commit to the bet “bro.” Don’t let us down “bro.” Manure needs to know how highly you think of him “bro.” Because if he does indeed read this board, then he definitely knows how LOW I think of him already “bro” 😂
All seriousness my man, “bro” jokes aside. it sounds like you need a break, you seem a little unhinged in this thread by some of your posts and it’s concerning. Remember it’s just a blog man, just something to have fun with, not take to seriously. Just do what I do when I get angry. I think about how funny and unrealistic it would be for a major college football program to hire a DC with no head coaching experience, from a failed regime for, and here’s the real kicker, the second time even though the first time they did it, it was a complete disaster! 🤣 I promise you do that my man, and the anger will just melt away and be replaced with laughter. Lol but be careful because the laughter can become so intense due to the disbelief of the situation, it can lead to insanity! Lmao

1612998788271.gif

Me and @RVACane are waiting for you to commit to the bet “bro.” Don’t let us down “bro.” Manure needs to know how highly you think of him “bro.” Because if he does indeed read this board, then he definitely knows how LOW I think of him already “bro” 😂
All seriousness my man, “bro” jokes aside. it sounds like you need a break, you seem a little unhinged in this thread by some of your posts and it’s concerning. Remember it’s just a blog man, just something to have fun with, not take to seriously. Just do what I do when I get angry. I think about how funny and unrealistic it would be for a major college football program to hire a DC with no head coaching experience, from a failed regime for, and here’s the real kicker, the second time even though the first time they did it, it was a complete disaster! 🤣 I promise you do that my man, and the anger will just melt away and be replaced with laughter. Lol but be careful because the laughter can become so intense due to the disbelief of the situation, it can lead to insanity! Lmao

View attachment 143306
A0593676-2117-4C11-837B-10447628CC9E.jpeg

This is gonna turn into a Blake Baker truther thread isn’t it?

Well, let me throw the first Molotov ****tail before I run out the room...

If Blake was really a good DC but was hindered by Manny, then that means it’s Manny’s fault our Defense has regressed over the last 2 seasons... Which flies in the face of the numerous threads that have been posted over the last week or so declaring Manny a very good/90th percentile DC.

So, if you think Baker really was a good DC, you then can’t declare Manny a good DC too...

Either Baker was no bueno & what we saw in the 2019 & 2020 seasons was not an illusion, OR, Manny is the real culprit behind the Defense falling off a cliff from 2018, which should raise some eyebrows because guess who’s the DC for this season?...

Can’t have it both ways... Now I’ll sit back & watch chaos ensue lol
This season will tell us a **** of a lot.

Advertisement
Back