Serious Question For Yall Applauding Manny's House Cleaning? ...

You have to let the new OC have input so he can bring in his own guys. I never understood hiring a new OC and then telling him “These are your position coaches you have to work with and BTW you must start this kid under center”.

Any good OC will want to have input into who the position coaches will be. Diaz just made it easy for him to fill in the blanks. Brown and Dugans weren’t Co-OCs just like Patke and Banda aren’t Co-DCs.

Advertisement
If our offensive yardage per game is lower than our S&C Coach's weight, then they all have to go.

If anyone was happy about the receiver play I dont Know what to tell you. They couldn’t catch, get open and were very inconsistent. Ron Dugans was really good his first 2 years but this year was bad and considering all the turmoil at that position group i understand it. I mean He just kept trotting out stonehand Cager and Wiggins + langham.

We have had Now
Like 5 receivers transfer from his group recently which could increase or not.

Cager 2015 class has
Dayall Harris 2016 class
Sam Bruce 2016 class
Dionte Mullins 2016 class
Jeff Thomas 2017 class

Receiver morale issues this year with almost the entire group.

Advertisement
This staff loss 10 of the last 17 games. Not one single coach on it should not be required to prove why he should stay. The school could have fired all of them plus the AD who hired them and not been wrong. Manny needs to cut some his defense staff too, just to make sure the rest are scared. Comfortable staff is a lazy staff.

Manny taking a flamethrower to the O staff just allows the new OC the autonomy to bring in his own guys without any baggage from the previous regime. Manny is making a statement his first day on the job. That part I like. We’ll see who he hires and how it all works out.

Other than Searels and little Jon, why are yall so happy to see the other assistants go when it was Mork who was responsible for the crappy offense? And who do you replace them with from a recruiting standpoint? After all, all we were asking for was a proven OC right? My point is that some of yall already falling into the trap of blindly supporting the new coach! Don't get me wrong, I like Manny and honestly believe he CAN succeed at UM, but I'm in wait and see mode til he hires a quality staff, and I suggest some of you take the same approach to avoid getting burnt again.
Receivers didn’t catch, linemen didn’t block.

Advertisement
Other than Searels and little Jon, why are yall so happy to see the other assistants go when it was Mork who was responsible for the crappy offense? And who do you replace them with from a recruiting standpoint? After all, all we were asking for was a proven OC right? My point is that some of yall already falling into the trap of blindly supporting the new coach! Don't get me wrong, I like Manny and honestly believe he CAN succeed at UM, but I'm in wait and see mode til he hires a quality staff, and I suggest some of you take the same approach to avoid getting burnt again.
Not gonna miss any of these bible thumpers. Dugans taught his receivers how to block and nothing else, Brown was a joke who threw players under the bus and never took an ounce of responsibility. Don’t think anything needs to be said about Searles and lil Jon

All of them needed to go. Nobody did his job well enough to justify being retained. There's no loss with any of them.

Now it's to see if he will make good on this cleanse by finding a quality OC with good assistants.

All of them needed to go. Nobody did his job well enough to justify being retained. There's no loss with any of them.

Now it's to see if he will make good on this cleanse by finding a quality OC with good assistants.
Definitely this

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure I could randomly pick position coaches from active staffs and produce equal results to this staff.

They're nothing special and are easily replaced. If you want to be indispensable, be the top 10%. Which of our staff would qualify?

I was in favor of keeping some....but i dont blame him for taking the brick to the offense.

Hartley is a good recruiter but Irvin didnt develop, the other dude didnt develop and we got 2 dudes that should be monsters their now with good coaching.

WR dropped a ton of balls. Dugans was loyal to Richt. Same with Thomas Brown. Would they work as hard for Manny?

Searles and Jr. are self explanatory.

It makes a lot of sense.

Advertisement
Also we didnt land Dunmore, McIntosh, or any other targets besides Jeremiah Payton this year....so what exactly did Dugans or Brown do recuiting wise...

Anytime you start giving psuedo made up titles to your staff, it is a recipe for disaster... too many chiefs.. .. no accountability

The OP woke up today thinking to himself its 2019 time to ask serious questions?
And use question marks in a bizarre fashion?

Advertisement
Back