Scrimmage news

I don't care what Dallas's official 40 time is. He's got an incredible initial burst... he hits the hole harder than just about anyone. Running a 10.6 100 meters is great, don't get me wrong. But I'm more concerned with how fast a RB is in the first 10-15 yards and Dallas is very fast at that.
....and he's 220lbs now.
Oh boy.

I also think Homer is going to be better than Walton was though. So with Homer, Deejay, and Lingard,..oh boy. I'm excited. All we gotta do is pray Perry or Weldon win the starting job

Advertisement
....and he's 220lbs now.
Oh boy.

I also think Homer is going to be better than Walton was though. So with Homer, Deejay, and Lingard,..oh boy. I'm excited. All we gotta do is pray Perry or Weldon win the starting job
Preach on brother. The gospel of the U fills me with the spirit.
download (1).jpeg

bad news guys... supposedly the incumbent at QB is still winning the mental reps. This is obviously highly valued to CMR. He might throw ducks at times but he still is looking like the best prepared QB... I dont know how I feel about this but its from inside so. Lets see if we get a jump by Kosi.

Ocala Vanguard huddle, QB barking orders: "OK, you run to right by that second tree and stop, you just run straight as fast as you can, and you drift off to the side. I'll run around till one of you is hopefully open."

Advertisement
bad news guys... supposedly the incumbent at QB is still winning the mental reps. This is obviously highly valued to CMR. He might throw ducks at times but he still is looking like the best prepared QB... I dont know how I feel about this but its from inside so. Lets see if we get a jump by Kosi.
Please, my ears are bleeding!!!
child-temper-tantrum.jpg

With #12 behind center teams that have no business being in games with us will always stick around. We have all seen it on a consistent basis last year. Was so painful to watch, I don't care who starts for us, as long as it isn't #12. Thankful we won 10 games (barely) with him, but that pipe-dream is over.

Advertisement
any other info?

It might need to be one of those situations where you have to go w talent over iq, similar to Petrino and Lamar. Not comparing Perry to him, but Petrino is a QB guru who lives and breathes the intricacies of the position.

He threw all that and 4 decades worth of preferences away to put the better talent behind center.

Rosier may be our smartest QB, but hes far from our most talented. He has no business starting unless the other guys are flat out terrible. Id honestly rather start Williams than Rosier.

Rosier is an elite back up. Period.

Who is Gabedm? How does he know #12 has been winning mental reps? We have known about Perry not being coached up in HS since last fall. Are we to believe he still lacks those skills?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
It might need to be one of those situations where you have to go w talent over iq, similar to Petrino and Lamar. Not comparing Perry to him, but Petrino is a QB guru who lives and breathes the intricacies of the position.

He threw all that and 4 decades worth of preferences away to put the better talent behind center.

Rosier may be our smartest QB, but hes far from our most talented. He has no business starting unless the other guys are flat out terrible. Id honestly rather start Williams than Rosier.

Rosier is an elite back up. Period.

No offense to Rosier but I don't seem him, either, as a cut above the rest mentally. I mean, sure, I have yet to see the others play, but after watching Rosier last year, it was evident that he is a 1-2 read quarterback. He also likes to pre-determine where the ball is going, which is not going to get it done against top competition.

Typically, when the receiver he wanted to throw the ball to before the snap was covered, he really didn't know what to do next. Sometimes he forced his throws, and other times he used his legs. But it was painfully obvious that he missed wide-open receivers all year, ones he could have seen if he knew how to go through all of his progressions.

No offense to Rosier but I don't seem him, either, as a cut above the rest mentally. I mean, sure, I have yet to see the others play, but after watching Rosier last year, it was evident that he is a 1-2 read quarterback. He also likes to pre-determine where the ball is going, which is not going to get it done against top competition.

Typically, when the receiver he wanted to throw the ball to before the snap was covered, he really didn't know what to do next. Sometimes he forced his throws, and other times he used his legs. But it was painfully obvious that he missed wide-open receivers all year, ones he could have seen if he knew how to go through all of his progressions.
Youre correct. He rarely goes beyond his initial read. He won 10 last yr, but he wont this yr if he starts. The book is out on him.

The overall athleticism/ability/size on offense right now is just silly, especially when the TE's get here.
If we don't score 40 points per game somebody needs to be fired. (assuming all goes well at the QB position)

All the QB's are relatively athletic. (some just can't hit the broad side of a barn)
The RB's are legit and all have different skill-sets.
And the WR corp is just stupid. They have every flavor you can want. They got the big guys that are size mismatches and they got the lil' guys with the go juice.

I don't see how anybody can defense Richards, Cager, Thomas, Harley, Hightower, etc.

With all those weapons, I would think accuracy would be important. Who is the Maoist accurate QB? Perry? If it is Perry, do you see CMR dethroning Rosier before opening game?

Advertisement
Whelp. So what's our play, Macho? How's Weldon doing? Can he read defenses? I doubt Williams will be ready.
Williams is an early enrollee, so why couldn't he be ready? I'd agree if he got here in the fall, but he's here now, and still has until September. There's no reason to believe he can't do it. Dude is serious about getting better, as evidenced by him working with a QB coach on his own time.

With all those weapons, I would think accuracy would be important. Who is the Maoist accurate QB? Perry? If it is Perry, do you see CMR dethroning Rosier before opening game?
Accuracy doesn't matter if you can't read a D. You can throw a perfectly accurate pass, but if there's a defender waiting to jump it, it's a horrible pass. Accuracy itself is only part of the equation.

If a kid wasn't (or couldn't) reading defenses in high school, the coaching staff should have been fully aware of that when recruiting him. If they thought they could teach him, which I'm assuming they did, then it's an indictment on the coaching.

There is no reason to be running Rosier out there this year knowing full well of his limitations. ****, Rosier can't read defenses either so might as well go with the best, younger option with the most potential to grow. Whether that's Perry, Weldon, or Williams it doesn't matter.

We're Miami, we shouldn't be in dog fights with Syracuse, UNC, GT, UVA.

Advertisement
Back