Scrimmage news

Advertisement
If a kid wasn't (or couldn't) reading defenses in high school, the coaching staff should have been fully aware of that when recruiting him. If they thought they could teach him, which I'm assuming they did, then it's an indictment on the coaching.

There is no reason to be running Rosier out there this year knowing full well of his limitations. ****, Rosier can't read defenses either so might as well go with the best, younger option with the most potential to grow. Whether that's Perry, Weldon, or Williams it doesn't matter.

We're Miami, we shouldn't be in dog fights with Syracuse, UNC, GT, UVA.

The problem is that Rosier's limitations could leave us in a far better position to win games than Perry or Williams'.

I want to see better play out of our QB this season -- and believe that it's one of the only things left that keeps us from competing and winning games against the Clemsons of the world -- but the assumption on this board is that Rosier's limitations are holding us back, but Perry's won't. I think that's a bad assumption.

At this point, my frustration isn't with the staff; if Perry was better, we'd know. If he can't beat out Rosier, that's on him. But a lot can change between now and fall camp, and I hope something clicks.

So you betting it's a game time decision? LOL, ok
Who said that bubba? Assuming is a weak look. Why take away Jarren's chance to get more acclimated to the system by busting your nut early? They'll have plenty of time after Fall camp and during game prep to get the starter all the reps. IMO

Advertisement
Me, here. Those are real questions. Don't tell anyone, but people will try and deceive you on the interwebs. It's true, I know.

Go Canes!
These guys are nuts. Who can ever question somebody with a Tyrone Biggums avatar? I wouldn't. But wait, is that Tyrone or millie ***gert?

Also AQM, Courtel ... Kye Hester would have started on our team.

Getting one or two out of NJ, especially at a program like Don Bosco, a year would be nice.

Advertisement
Who is the Maoist accurate QB?

I, too, am wondering who the Maoist QB is. When did UM start recruiting commies? Was this a Shalala thing?

chairman-mao-wishes-you-well.jpg

There is still a lot of practice time between now and the start of the season. If Perry/Weldon isn't ready right now, that's not to say 1 of them won't be ready come September.

Sometimes we forget that they are only redshirt FR in spring ball. There is still plenty of time to develop. I wouldn't be penciling Rosier in just yet.

Advertisement
Who said that bubba? Assuming is a weak look. Why take away Jarren's chance to get more acclimated to the system by busting your nut early? They'll have plenty of time after Fall camp and during game prep to get the starter all the reps. IMO

This all started over you questioning the validity of Spring reports (blah, blah) which, imo, will be just the same as Fall reports. None of this has to do with who will end up starting. Just the information we have access to leading up to the decision. Any of those guys competing can end up starting. Unless you are one of the coaches, it is my opinion we will know by, guess what, reports; whether they be by our own insiders or local media.

In the meantime, blah, blah ...stay on topic.

Advertisement
This all started over you questioning the validity of Spring reports (blah, blah) which, imo, will be just the same as Fall reports. None of this has to do with who will end up starting. Just the information we have access to leading up to the decision. Any of those guys competing can end up starting. Unless you are one of the coaches, it is my opinion we will know by, guess what, reports; whether they be by our own insiders or local media.

In the meantime, blah, blah ...stay on topic.
Sweetie, the rambling. Please. You can never take the shine off the Big Ping Cane.

The problem is that Rosier's limitations could leave us in a far better position to win games than Perry or Williams'.

I want to see better play out of our QB this season -- and believe that it's one of the only things left that keeps us from competing and winning games against the Clemsons of the world -- but the assumption on this board is that Rosier's limitations are holding us back, but Perry's won't. I think that's a bad assumption.

At this point, my frustration isn't with the staff; if Perry was better, we'd know. If he can't beat out Rosier, that's on him. But a lot can change between now and fall camp, and I hope something clicks.
When did it become accepted that Perry can’t beat out Rosier? They haven’t even had a real scrimmage yet.

Advertisement
Back