Scrimmage news

enter-shaolin-meme-mr-miyagi-if-do-right-no-can-defense.jpg

What has Harley done to show he can actually do anything besides be defended? He didn't even have 100 yards on the season and had plenty of burn. He routinely dropped or couldn't get in position for every deep ball thrown to him this season. He shouldn't have ever been asked to catch deep fades though. I give him a pass. Still, he hasn't shown much. Hopefully, the staff has him in the slot with Pope catching bubbles crosses and slants this season.

Advertisement
What has Harley done to show he can actually do anything besides be defended? He didn't even have 100 yards on the season and had plenty of burn. He routinely dropped or couldn't get in position for every deep ball thrown to him this season. He shouldn't have ever been asked to catch deep fades though. I give him a pass. Still, he hasn't shown much. Hopefully, the staff has him in the slot with Pope catching bubbles crosses and slants this season.
Consider the QB. I guarantee you our WRs will look better with a better QB throwing them the ball, actually hit them in stride.

Consider the QB. I guarantee you our WRs will look better with a better QB throwing them the ball, actually hit them in stride.
The QB accuracy doesn't help anything but the routes they had him run were a huge disadvantage. Example: CMR putting in his Cheetah package with Berrios, Harley, and Thomas in the redzone on 2 drives against Gtech.

Hating on Hartley. When he breaks out next year you're on his jock. Book it.

The QB accuracy doesn't help anything but the routes they had him run were a huge disadvantage. Example: CMR putting in his Cheetah package with Berrios, Harley, and Thomas in the redzone on 2 drives against Gtech.
You might want to talk to Dugans about the wr rotation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Harley was just bad as a freshman. It wasn’t about the QB; he just wasn’t good and he was way too small. Lots of great players aren’t good as freshman. He’s a talented kid who I am sure will improve significantly this year.

No reason Homer/Dallas/Lingard cannot dominate like Chubb/Michel at UGA. Dallas adds the ability to play in the slot, plus the occasional wildcat play. Now, how’s the OL progressing?

Oh...any update on the mythical Robert Burns?
I expect Lingard to be more of a cleanup man like Swift..vs Auburn

Dallas said in an interview today Lingard has track speed, Homer is fast, and he's not quite there. Dallas prob runs a 4.6 40. He weighs 221 lbs now. That's plenty fast considering how shifty he is.

I don't care what Dallas's official 40 time is. He's got an incredible initial burst... he hits the hole harder than just about anyone. Running a 10.6 100 meters is great, don't get me wrong. But I'm more concerned with how fast a RB is in the first 10-15 yards and Dallas is very fast at that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The overall athleticism/ability/size on offense right now is just silly, especially when the TE's get here.
If we don't score 40 points per game somebody needs to be fired. (assuming all goes well at the QB position)

All the QB's are relatively athletic. (some just can't hit the broad side of a barn)
The RB's are legit and all have different skill-sets.
And the WR corp is just stupid. They have every flavor you can want. They got the big guys that are size mismatches and they got the lil' guys with the go juice.

I don't see how anybody can defense Richards, Cager, Thomas, Harley, Hightower, etc.

key to the season. High floor this year but the sky's the limit.

Advertisement
Back