Rutgers at Miami (-3) - 7:15 ET on ESPNU

We stole one tonight. Great win!

We didn’t play our best for the first 30 minutes, but turned it on the last 10 minutes of the game. Joseph was a great steadying influence, and pack is an assassin.

Love Omir’s game. He’s a dog every time that he steps out on the court.

Wong and Miller were careless and lazy with the ball tonight with some bad turnovers, and it almost cost us. Overall a good effort once again. Love that this team doesn’t give up.

Our only loss this season was to Maryland, which I think at this moment is a better team, so that wasn’t a bad loss in my book.

Looking forward to seeing this team gel even more.

Larranaga has these dudes playing with effort every night. What a difference from the football squad.
Definitely a refreshing difference from the fball team for sure

Advertisement
By the way, love the "Honored Numbers" program this year. Note the little patch on Pack's jersey. People forget that Rick Barry is a 'Cane, good opportunity to discuss that we have some tradition, not much, but some.

Wong had some really good moments and really bad ones. He needs to be more consistent to lead us. Pack came up huge after not being able to buy a bucket. Nacho did his thing. Miller had a solid game aside from a couple late turnovers. Joseph was incredible off the bench.

Fun team to watch let’s get on a roll leading up to Virginia in a couple weeks. Nice crowd too. Keep giving them a reason to come back.

Advertisement
Size is hurting us again. I don’t know if the answer is Casey but UM can’t go thru an entire season with 6’7” Omier as the tallest player for 90% of the game.
We have a lot of skill and speed but Omier will be worn out at this rate.
Casey is slowly getting more minutes. He looks super tentative on offense but he’s playing solid D. Hopefully by January he can contribute more.

We stole one tonight. Great win!

We didn’t play our best for the first 30 minutes, but turned it on the last 10 minutes of the game. Joseph was a great steadying influence, and pack is an assassin.

Love Omir’s game. He’s a dog every time that he steps out on the court.

Wong and Miller were careless and lazy with the ball tonight with some bad turnovers, and it almost cost us. Overall a good effort once again. Love that this team doesn’t give up.

Our only loss this season was to Maryland, which I think at this moment is a better team, so that wasn’t a bad loss in my book.

Looking forward to seeing this team gel even more.

Larranaga has these dudes playing with effort every night. What a difference from the football squad.
We did have some careless turnovers, but Rutgers is also 2nd in the country in steals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
13 turnovers. Miller had a couple bad ones, Beverly threw one out of bounds, Wong had a couple bad ones, Walker dribbled off his leg.
Yep. Rutgers is a good defensive squad, but the majority of our turnovers tonight were just on careless plays. Need to shore that up. That late rebound that Miller got and then carelessly tried to pass it with a guy right behind him was not smart. He also needs to have Omir and Beverly (which were in front and beside him) help him out in that situation by yelling “man”, so he knows he’s got a dude lurking behind him for the steal.

First game this season where the refs didn’t **** us over. They let both teams basically maul each other. We didn’t get calls, but the opponent didn’t either.
Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. They let both teams play instead of calling a bunch of phantom fouls on us.

The one bad call tonight was on the late defensive rebound by Omir were he got mugged and the refs called a jump ball. Coach L was not happy, and rightfully so.

Advertisement
Back