Rutgers - any insight?

Time for Dawson to show he can make pretzels, other than churros ALL.THE.TIME…

Advertisement
Be careful if you buy tickets. The angles on the lower-level suck. This stadium is designed for baseball and there are some serious blind spots where you can only see one side of the field from your seat.

Like some have said, Coach Chimp has the team running smash mouth, where they definitely prefer to run the ball. QB is super shaky, but can run. I think their DLine is weak in the middle (VT was pushing it around). Defense is pretty good, otherwise. Longerbeam is fun to watch.
Since it's in NYC, will this come on to hype up the crowd?

Last edited:
Like some have said, Coach Chimp has the team running smash mouth, where they definitely prefer to run the ball. QB is super shaky, but can run. I think their DLine is weak in the middle (VT was pushing it around). Defense is pretty good, otherwise. Longerbeam is fun to watch.
Since it's in NYC, will this come on to hype up the crowd?

Yeah, that crowd seemed really fired up.…
IMG_3168.jpeg

Advertisement
Now that we know where we're going bowing, does anyone have any insight into this Rutgers team? I'll admit I have watched zero Rutgers football since they were in the Big East so, what are we looking at here?

Scoff if you will but 8-5 with a bowl win always looks better than 7-6.
Good defense awful QB

Advertisement
That crazy..Iowa had a defensive TD?
It was the only game all year that Iowa went over 400 yards of total offense.

They literally had a game with only 79 total yards.

Against Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look at our recent bowl record. We don't take anything for granted.
and gonna miss our QB, C, OG, both Safeties, starting DT all to the pre-draft prep...... and Chaney, Harvey etc.. to the portal.....

and sprinkle in how thin we are in certain rooms with injuries....

i
We most definitely did not.

Did we turnover the ball a lot? Yes.

But we had under 450 total yards of offense 4 times.

Iowa NEVER had more than 450 total yards of offense. Let me repeat that.

Iowa. Never. Produced. More. Than. 450. Total. Yards. Of. Offense. In. Any. Game. This. Year.

Absolutely insane.
iowa won 10 games. give me that any day of the week

The X factor is the weather and we all know this. There could very well be snow on the ground. I will say this team is much tougher physically and mentally then in year's past. So hopefully cold weather doesn't prevent us from pounding the ball down their throats.

Nothing agains you brother, but that X Factor / weather nonsense needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

I have questioned and entertained this cold weather theory for a very long time. I've addressed it offf and on over the years on a variety of boards. The prevailing train of thought has always been that weather doesn't impact our players in the league because they are/ were getting paid.

I never came up with that stupid line, but it has been embraced by many for well over a decade. I am here to say that line is now invalid, as our players are getting paid, and the weatehr excuse os just that, an excuse.

If we lose, it is because we suck. No other explanation for it.

2023 rankings:

TOTAL OFFENSE: UM #26 RUTGERS #120
Passing Offense: UM#36 RUTGERS #124
Rushing Offense: UM #44 RUTGERS #56

TOTAL DEFENSE: UM #26 RUTGERS #19
Passing Defense: UM #69 RUTGERS #11
Rushing Defense: UM #10 RUTGERS #43

Would be nice if our DB's play in the bowl game, and we eliminate their run game.

Moten and Horton need to be ready to play. Can’t stomach watching Gore get bullied again.

Advertisement
Back