Rutgers - any insight?

Advertisement
Their defense is fairly decent, and will keep them in the game. On top of that, our offense will likely be very conservative, and with both teams running slow offenses, there will be a pretty small number of possessions in this game.

It will be close, and between us missing a lot of guys and with our players likely not too excited about playing in this game (plus it will be freezing), I’d give the edge to Rutgers.

Advertisement
We most definitely did not.

Did we turnover the ball a lot? Yes.

But we had under 450 total yards of offense 4 times.

Iowa NEVER had more than 450 total yards of offense. Let me repeat that.

Iowa. Never. Produced. More. Than. 450. Total. Yards. Of. Offense. In. Any. Game. This. Year.

Absolutely insane.
Eh...the four week stretch where we had 362, 276, 292 and 335 yards was Iowa-esque. The rest of the season was an offensive cavalcade not seen in Iowa City.

Their defense is fairly decent, and will keep them in the game. On top of that, our offense will likely be very conservative, and with both teams running slow offenses, there will be a pretty small number of possessions in this game.

It will be close, and between us missing a lot of guys and with our players likely not too excited about playing in this game (plus it will be freezing), I’d give the edge to Rutgers.
Freezing? Its in the 50s today

NYC in late December is not what it used to be, winters here are pretty mild now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now that we know where we're going bowing, does anyone have any insight into this Rutgers team? I'll admit I have watched zero Rutgers football since they were in the Big East so, what are we looking at here?

Scoff if you will but 8-5 with a bowl win always looks better than 7-6.
Good defense, HORRIBLE quarterback

Advertisement
Its ok when I go to the game ill be used to it. The Yankees don't score and play bad offense, strike out alot also

Maryland put up 500 yards and 42 points on them in their last game.

Advertisement
Back