rumor mill-Chud

Will never understand why people thinks this program's problems will be solved by appointing a "football-only CEO" or admin.

The problem is the entire athletic department. Ed Reed, Highsmith, Chud, whoever -- appointing them the overseer of the program isn't going to fix a thing. We need monumental changes within the athletic department, not stop-gap measures.
Because people confuse schools that have super powerful head football coaches that essentially only answer to the president (or most powerful boosters) and have autonomy over the program with us anointing some former player as a figurehead that would at absolute best share similar power to Blake but would never actually outrank him in the university power structure.

The closest we could've possibly come to the former is if Richt had been healthy and super successful here. Sadly, that wasn't meant to be.

Other than that, this "Football CEO" idea is worthless. Either hire a super elite head coach (unlikely) or hire an effing competent AD (relatively easy to do....but probably unlikely too).

Advertisement
That's fair, Salt.
I just think we need a competent AD who will roll up their sleeves, and look at some good college coaches who belongs to, or owns, strong coaching trees, has won alot of games and can recruit well...but this takes knowledge of the college game and simply not being lazy looking at former Canes and/or someone who is Bros with the BOT or former Cane greats.
I agree. Which is why hiring Ed Reed was essentially meaningless. Don't get me wrong. It can't hurt he's associated with the program, but at this point he is just a figure head.

Neither Zo or Chud would be the same type of hire imo. They bring success not just from the player standpoint but also from organizational and coaching standpoint. They are also well connected and involved in the sport at the highest level.

Yes, they are former canes but that should not necessarily exclude a candidate either. Neither do I think we should exclusively look at former canes, but I think some of these guys do desire to rekindle some of that magic from yesteryear.

Nothing wrong with that.

Because people confuse schools that have super powerful head football coaches that essentially only answer to the president (or most powerful boosters) and have autonomy over the program with us anointing some former player as a figurehead that would at absolute best share similar power to Blake but would never actually outrank him in the university power structure.

The closest we could've possibly come to the former is if Richt had been healthy and super successful here. Sadly, that wasn't meant to be.

Other than that, this "Football CEO" idea is worthless. Either hire a super elite head coach (unlikely) or hire an effing competent AD (relatively easy to do....but probably unlikely too).

The key there is autonomy. Whether a coach or football AD. I agree a figure head is not going to work. Of course, I am looking only at football. This might not be the best move for the dept as a whole, but a strong and competent football AD can work in theory and right now seems the most feasible option given current BOT sentiment and cross purposes.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone mentioned Chudzinki. Every time we have a coaching search he’s a candidate.

We haven’t, and we might not again.

Had it not been for an insecure clown Blake, we could of possibly had Mario when Manny was first hired as HC. Had it not been for Blake and Manny, some of the issues being exposed nationally, could of been brought of their attention internally by Alonzo, who was set to be Dir of Football Ops but Manny and Blake didn't want him near the program.

We CAN be good again. We WONT be with inexperienced, unqualified people running the show. That's the issue

Advertisement
The whole CEO position sounds great. Until someone interviews and they're told they can't fire anyone, they can't tell anyone what to do or change and their entire purpose is to take some of the heat off the dingleberry and the ***** we have at HC & AD.

Had it not been for an insecure clown Blake, we could of possibly had Mario when Manny was first hired as HC. Had it not been for Blake and Manny, some of the issues being exposed nationally, could of been brought of their attention internally by Alonzo, who was set to be Dir of Football Ops but Manny and Blake didn't want him near the program.

We CAN be good again. We WONT be with inexperienced, unqualified people running the show. That's the issue
You let me know when all those changes are made…

Advertisement
It's been a while since Chud's name has been thrown around here. Inject this into my veins

Thanks for giving a ******* Miami football board Chud's credentials. We were certainly lacking on that knowledge.

I want all none Miami tied people. I want total strangers. We tried the “they know Miami” thing my entire life. Never worked once.
***** Davis worked. Coker won a title. I would say it worked more than once.

Advertisement
Man, reading comprehension is a lost art these days.

OP clearly stated that the rumor is him being considered for a CEO type role, NOT A COACHING POSITION. Most of you are giving opinions on him being a good or bad HC or OC candidate, when OP never, ever hinted at that.

Advertisement
Why because it ruins your narrative? Butch Davis was a “Miami guy” (even the 30 for 30 doc. acknowledges it). He coached her for five years and UM administration brought him back and he recruited “Miami guys” and set us up to be the greatest college football team of all time. So, yeah “never worked once” is absolutely false.

Now do I WANT a Miami guy? No, but it has worked once which you claim it hasn’t.

Will never understand why people thinks this program's problems will be solved by appointing a "football-only CEO" or admin.

The problem is the entire athletic department. Ed Reed, Highsmith, Chud, whoever -- appointing them the overseer of the program isn't going to fix a thing. We need monumental changes within the athletic department, not stop-gap measures.
What institutional problems will remain once football decisions are removed from the hands of the current athletic dept?

Last edited:
The whole CEO position sounds great. Until someone interviews and they're told they can't fire anyone, they can't tell anyone what to do or change and their entire purpose is to take some of the heat off the dingleberry and the ***** we have at HC & AD.
That was the chief of staff position.

Why because it ruins your narrative? Butch Davis was a “Miami guy” (even the 30 for 30 doc. acknowledges it). He coached her for five years and UM administration brought him back and he recruited “Miami guys” and set us up to be the greatest college football team of all time. So, yeah “never worked once” is absolutely false.

Now do I WANT a Miami guy? No, but it has worked once which you claim it hasn’t.
Butch was HC for 6yrs....and 5yrs as DL coach...

Advertisement
Back