rumor mill-Chud

Advertisement
I'd be behind Chud here as a position coach or analyst, but no thanks to OC and certainly not HC. Until this recent role with BC, he hadn't been associated w/ the college game since 2003. The game has changed so much, I'd hate to revert back to "pro style, bro."

Barry Jackson right now getting that article ready.
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF
"Who is salt?"

Advertisement
The OP said Chud was in the mix for a CEO type role, not HC. In other words, another rumored candidate for the Alonzo role to oversee football.

Chud was highly though of during both his playing and coaching career at Miami. He would be an interesting choice for an administrative role and certainly qualified.

Although it would not prob interest him, I don’t think he would. His wife is from MA and was going to take a few years off to be by family up there. He had mutual friends with Hafley and he made the call but wanted to be in that sort of role. Not a position coach or anything. It just worked out for both sides to be there.

Advertisement
Simply because one coached in the NFL, it doesn't necessarily mean they will excel at the college level. Not sure why folks don't get this.
I think the hope is that a NFL guy can install systems and infrastructure like nfl teams have. Ultimately leading to a disciplined program.. which we sorely need.

Not that anybody is guaranteed to be able to do that.

Is there any truth to a rumor that Larry Coker may be invited back to serve in a similar advisory capacity to what Chud does at BC?

Coker was our last coach to win a Natty. He's been an OC, worked for Butch, built his own program from scratch in Texas, was liked by virtually everyone who knew him at UM, and is one of the most experienced, accomplished and respected people in all of CFB. He coached and recruited NFL Hall of Famers. Icons of Miami football. It would be a huge coup to bring back his knowledge and credibility to help guide the program back to the top of the mountain he stood on.

Advertisement
I would take him as an HC, why? I think he would hired good people. Thats all i care about. The last 4 coaches have benn failures in this regard.

I'm going to guess OP watched the Flo Motion show last night. He talked about this for quite a while. Claims to hear some rumblings about it behind the scenes. Yes, it would be for the same kind of job many are talking about for Highsmith. He said that Chud has essentially worked as a "consultant" to a number of NFL coaches. He is working as a consultant now for BC. His official title is "Special Assistant to head Football Coach"

Advertisement
Did Howard fit the Miami culture? Did Jimmy, the guy who grew up in South Texas and played at Arkansas? Or pacific northwest Dennis? Our AD Jancovich actually did his job and searched the country for the next National Championship coach. Stop with this culture ****. Great coaches build their own culture. Miami's culture was winning, established by Howard and re-inforced by Jimmy. Fruit James needed to do an extensive search, he took the easy way and failed. He needs to be fired along with King Pin. No sport makes money like football. That needs to be acknowledged and embraced. Fruit James has shown he's not up to the task. Next! **** the BOT too.

Go Canes?

OP heard this “rumor” from Miami Flo’s recent podcast - it’s all speculation at best.
However, if anybody thinks Chad is a bad/suspect hire then they don’t know **** about football.

I’m still amazed that Hue Jackson wanted our HC gig and we didn’t jump on that. CMTSU Cuh.

I'd be behind Chud here as a position coach or analyst, but no thanks to OC and certainly not HC. Until this recent role with BC, he hadn't been associated w/ the college game since 2003. The game has changed so much, I'd hate to revert back to "pro style, bro."

not a coaching role... possibly same role as Zo would have had. Again, only a rumor that I had heard mentioned that was intriguing.

Advertisement
Back