Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

I lived in CG for over 20 years on Hardee Rd… there is absolutely no way the Citizens of CG will allow a Stadium to be built there. Look we built a beautiful basketball Stadium or Arena and CH wouldn’t even allow us to use the full seating capacity of 10,000 fans. As I remember we can only put in 7500 unless they have released it with parking garage at baseball stadium. I don’t see a football stadium happening ever. But I also said I didn’t see Mario coming so I sure can be wrong.

Advertisement
These guys just donated $10 mil.....to Westminister.....jesus christ how much money do these guys have?

I’ve been thinking about this, I would love for the new stadium to be in the design of the Orange Bowl. It would never be the Orange Bowl, but it sure could be close

Advertisement
Because it’s too small and because I have more chances or becoming President than a stadium being built in coral gables
Unfortunately, I agree. Only two realistic options are the old OB location next to marlins park in the small parcel of land next to it. Or, of course, Tropical Park.

Advertisement
Because it’s too small and because I have more chances or becoming President than a stadium being built in coral gables
I saw Dan made a comment about a on campus stadium so was looking around campus and saw that or the golf course above it as land that can be built on, so that’s why i asked. I know coral gables is stingy and the odds of getting it built in gables is like 1% chance

I still don’t understand why the logical location for a stadium is always overlooked.

Between South Miami Metro and Red Road Commons is just several streets of auto repair places, tow yards etc. Literally the EXACT same acreage as CG HS, and easy access to the Metrorail, US 1 and 72nd street. No green space to kill, no need to deal with Coral Gables, and it’s still “on campus”.

****, buy Red Road Commons too if you’d like.

the Inter Miami stadium deal apparently is done and now it goes before the City of Miami commission.

the Inter Miami site, for the many reasons i cited earlier, could never be tailored to include a larger stadium for the Canes.

Advertisement
I still don’t understand why the logical location for a stadium is always overlooked.

Between South Miami Metro and Red Road Commons is just several streets of auto repair places, tow yards etc. Literally the EXACT same acreage as CG HS, and easy access to the Metrorail, US 1 and 72nd street. No green space to kill, no need to deal with Coral Gables, and it’s still “on campus”.

****, buy Red Road Commons too if you’d like.
Excuse my Yelp review but I'd hope Hurricane Auto would get like 20000% of the assessed value of their building if your plan ever materialized. One of the .0005% of honest service/repair shops in South Florida.

the Inter Miami stadium deal apparently is done and now it goes before the City of Miami commission.

the Inter Miami site, for the many reasons i cited earlier, could never be tailored to include a larger stadium for the Canes.

Paywall. Any summary?

Paywall. Any summary?

-Suarez says they have a deal in principle.

-Needs 4 out of 5 commissioner votes in a vote that could happen in a matter of weeks.

-99 year no-bid lease is proposed. The deal would allow Inter Miami’s ownership to develop 73 acres into an office park, hotel, retail shops, a 25,000-seat soccer stadium and parking structure with soccer fields on the roof. Next to the paved portion, 58 acres would be turned into a park, under terms approved by voters in the 2018 referendum. The vote also called for a minimum annual rent of $3.5 million

* just a little hack re: paywalls- you'd contribute to death of print journalism but you can paste most links to paywall stories in www.archive.is and it'll unlock the story.

Advertisement
-Suarez says they have a deal in principle.

-Needs 4 out of 5 commissioner votes in a vote that could happen in a matter of weeks.

-99 year no-bid lease is proposed. The deal would allow Inter Miami’s ownership to develop 73 acres into an office park, hotel, retail shops, a 25,000-seat soccer stadium and parking structure with soccer fields on the roof. Next to the paved portion, 58 acres would be turned into a park, under terms approved by voters in the 2018 referendum. The vote also called for a minimum annual rent of $3.5 million

* just a little hack re: paywalls- you'd contribute to death of print journalism but you can paste most links to paywall stories in www.archive.is and it'll unlock the story.
they have 3 already, need one of reyes or russell. going to be interesting. reyes is difficult, to say the least.

Advertisement
Back