QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Obviously we can’t wait on Taulia with no guarantee he can even play. I’m sure if salter or someone else wanted to come we would let them in but weird with taulia lingering.. the ncaa usually takes weeks on these issues, sometimes months

Advertisement
Crazier things have happened but you would think he wouldn't enter the portal without having a pretty good idea the waiver will be granted. Otherwise he would be better served trying to get into one of the showcase games/preparing for the draft.

Not disputing any of this.

BUT.

He just submitted the waiver yesterday. So how does he "have a pretty good idea the waiver will be granted"?

Did the front desk clerk at the NCAA tell him he had a good chance?

I would love it for Taulia to get another year, I just don't understand where this optimism is coming from. He wrote an emotional appeal, I'm rooting for him, I just have to realize this is the same NCAA that said no to Darrell Jackson and his sick mother.

Advertisement
he didn't take a knee he handed it off once in one game and Rb broke a 40 yard TD run to cap off the drive and the other he handed it off twice. Again just because the play wasn't for him in those games doesn't mean thy shouldn't count especially since those weren't the games that cost him his RS. TheW Carolina game where he threw a Td was his 5th game played. If you start not counting games where you don't get snaps for RS there will be a bunch players asking for waivers
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

So still Miami Caliber….

Not disputing any of this.

BUT.

He just submitted the waiver yesterday. So how does he "have a pretty good idea the waiver will be granted"?

Did the front desk clerk at the NCAA tell him he had a good chance?

I would love it for Taulia to get another year, I just don't understand where this optimism is coming from. He wrote an emotional appeal, I'm rooting for him, I just have to realize this is the same NCAA that said no to Darrell Jackson and his sick mother.
Not sure how much it matters, but all reports are Saban and Locksley are cooperative vs the Jackson scenario where if I remember correct we weren’t playing ball.

Still would be somewhat unprecedented

Tua should argue that the years of eligibility rule are arbitrary and carprious. They are not enforced with consistency. They were designed for a time when most if not all players graduated in 4 years. Now the construct of years in college for athletes has changed. Also, it restricts the ability of a player to earn under NIL, violating anti-trust rules, and creates a punishment for athletes (prevents athletes for obtaining advanced degrees). It allows the schools to control their work force without proper compensation.

Disclaimer....I am not a lawyer but have watched a lot of them on TV
Episode 5 What GIF by Law & Order

Just stop.

Unfortunately, most of our fan base sees "Player enters Portal" and "Player makes final decision", and then they complain if it doesn't go our way on the second part. But there is a lot happening in between those two public events. A lot. And that is the part that is "gross" with this particular recruit.

Stop giving @Cribby a hard time for expressing his honest take on the part of the process that most fans haven't seen. Cribby is right.

Ultimately, I don't care if Ward picks UM or not, that's not what I would comment on. But negotiating more than one agreement, only to back out each time? That's just crap.
Wow. I’ve seen this happen before. If true - Karma gonna come back on the Wards. LOL.

Advertisement
It's like MC is handicap when it comes to all things PORTAL. Who in the heck is helping this dude manage this stuff lmao. Seems like a ton of good guys in the portal have come and gone and we get stuck with jags.
Mario is handicap when it comes to all things that he considers “easy”. Nothing is worth it or satisfying to him that doesn’t involve a ton of adversity and countless 18 hour days

Is there a history of how long the NCAA takes on deciding these extra year waivers?

Not sure why they waited until yesterday to apply if it takes months.

Advertisement
Ahhhh. Now we want to the NCAA to waiver…

No one predicted this during the Darrel Jackson saga…
When you’re alone do you argue with yourself like you’re practicing for debate club and don’t what side of the issue you’ll be given?

Advertisement
Back