2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

I generally don’t like to ***** about rankings, but Nickel is coming off leading a team to the 7A title in Georgia while throwing for almost 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns a year after going to the semifinals with a 24:8 TD:INT as a sophomore. He shouldn’t just be rising now.
Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

Advertisement
I generally don’t like to ***** about rankings, but Nickel is coming off leading a team to the 7A title in Georgia while throwing for almost 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns a year after going to the semifinals with a 24:8 TD:INT as a sophomore. He shouldn’t just be rising now.
The only thing he will be ever remembered in terms of his rankings will be where he ends the cycle.

Advertisement
Don’t matter the big schools already have their guys
We once had our guy in Arthur Sitkowski. Then he played his Sr. year and quickly we let him become Rutgers guy. When Nickel outperforms the guy committed to (insert SEC school), they will come knocking.

It does matter.

We once had our guy in Arthur Sitkowski. Then he played his Sr. year and quickly we let him become Rutgers guy. When Nickel outperforms the guy committed to (insert SEC school), they will come knocking.

It does matter.
Terrible comparison. Sitkowski was never good. He sucked jr and sr year. Nickel has alreafy outperformed a lot of those guys. They aren’t dropping 4 or 5 star guys because nickel performs better. Show me where a big program dropped a highly ranked qb because another guy had a better season. It just doesn’t happen

Advertisement
Terrible comparison. Sitkowski was never good. He sucked jr and sr year. Nickel has alreafy outperformed a lot of those guys. They aren’t dropping 4 or 5 star guys because nickel performs better. Show me where a big program dropped a highly ranked qb because another guy had a better season. It just doesn’t happen

Sitkowski was a highly rated croot either way but I'll concede. Let me explain it a little better for you.

Of course it happens, at all positions. Quality players get pushed out all the time if better guys become available.
By your logic, either the original evaluation takes precedence to the present, or teams are more concerned with players feelings than going for the top talent.

Team A has a great prospect committed. Another prospect grows 3" and outperforms the original prospect. Original prospect "flips" or re-opens recruitment. What do you think happened?

There should be a 247 recruiting rankings update today I am pretty sure. Thinking Nickel gets the to the 4* within 247 rankings.

Sitkowski was a highly rated croot either way but I'll concede. Let me explain it a little better for you.

Of course it happens, at all positions. Quality players get pushed out all the time if better guys become available.
By your logic, either the original evaluation takes precedence to the present, or teams are more concerned with players feelings than going for the top talent.

Team A has a great prospect committed. Another prospect grows 3" and outperforms the original prospect. Original prospect "flips" or re-opens recruitment. What do you think happened?
Show me where it has happened with big programs and highly ranked QBs. The whole convo is basically about posters being afraid. I don’t operate on fear. So you really think one of these guys will get dropped if nickel has another great year? lol y’all guys are just scary as hèll

IMG_0471.webp
IMG_0472.webp

Show me where it has happened with big programs and highly ranked QBs. The whole convo is basically about posters being afraid. I don’t operate on fear. So you really think one of these guys will get dropped if nickel has another great year? lol y’all guys are just scary as hèll

View attachment 294567View attachment 294568

He's not saying that. He's saying that guys will get dropped if they have bad senior years, and then the programs that do the dropping will need to find another QB, and they'll waving big dollars in front of risers like Nickel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's not saying that. He's saying that guys will get dropped if they have bad senior years, and then the programs that do the dropping will need to find another QB, and they'll waving big dollars in front of risers like Nickel.
Not worried about any of that

View attachment 294567View attachment 294568
Have a look at USC QB's over the last 5-6 years. Star QB locked in, a different less ranked star has a great season, shoots up USC's board and commits to USC. Next thing you know the first kid is out. Happens all the time.

I was speaking to the words you wrote. I am not particularly worried about Nickel going elsewhere so long as we keep the wheels on this year. My life is in order so nothing about College Football scares me. I'll concede there are some ******* on this board who may, but that is not what I was replying to.

Have a look at USC QB's over the last 5-6 years. Star QB locked in, a different less ranked star has a great season, shoots up USC's board and commits to USC. Next thing you know the first kid is out. Happens all the time.

I was speaking to the words you wrote. I am not particularly worried about Nickel going elsewhere so long as we keep the wheels on this year. My life is in order so nothing about College Football scares me. I'll concede there are some ******* on this board who may, but that is not what I was replying to.
But that is what I originally replied too. It was a post about not wanting nickel ranking to go up out of fear of big schools coming

Advertisement
Back