Poll: How many games y’all been to?

How many Canes football games have you been to?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Agreed, very cool stuff. Do you sell anything?
I did yrs ago after my daughters passing...I took a leave of absence from work (6 months) and wanted extra $$$....Close to $20,000 worth....When Son was in College I sold a few more pieces, so he could concentrate on school...and not have to work his 1st 2yrs....Not anymore though.

That’s how they ate. I’m sure some warring, but mostly hunting.
Here's the same point, backlit....

Advertisement
GF had this made for me last yr (her Jeweler killed it) Found it in 2009 in the Santa Fe River, standing in 3ft of water...Its a River Stained Black Coral Bolen Bevel...about 8,000yrs old....I wear it often..and people think its a Shark Tooth...Lol

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @gruntking @CaneDog66 ....Alittle story bout these...(Found by a close friend in 1990 100yds from the Sante Fe River (Branford) Digging in only a 10ft sq area. All are made of Heat treated Chert...All made by the same person...All are the same Type...Its the largest Cache ever found in Fl....Their called "The BatWing Cache"...possibly the most Historic find in Fl History.....I know for a fact he was offered $250,000...and turned it down several times...All of them are wafer thin, and all of them are Grade 10s...I took these Pics at a show 15yrs ago....Crazy isn't the word (Lucky *******)...Lol...Approx 4,000yrs old....all are 3" - 4"

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @gruntking @CaneDog66 ....Alittle story bout these...(Found by a close friend in 1990 100yds from the Sante Fe River (Branford) Digging in only a 10ft sq area. All are made of Heat treated Chert...All made by the same person...All are the same Type...Its the largest Cache ever found in Fl....Their called "The BatWing Cache"...possibly the most Historic find in Fl History.....I know for a fact he was offered $250,000...and turned it down several times...All of them are wafer thin, and all of them are Grade 10s...I took these Pics at a show 15yrs ago....Crazy isn't the word (Lucky *******)...Lol...Approx 4,000yrs old....all are 3" - 4"View attachment 84623
Hey... can we go digging one of these days?

Advertisement
Hey... can we go digging one of these days?
Absolutely...but I usually wait for colder weather....in the summer I mostly surface hunt (especially after heavy rains) I'm a certified Diver since 83...but I'm also getting Old...Lol...Plus...the rivers are very murky from the Cypress trees (tannin in the water)
But...the closer you get to Springs...the water clarity becomes alot clearer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think I started attending games in '55. Not absolutely sure, though. We beat a mediocre Alabama team quarterbacked by Bart Starr. I'd have easily attended far more if I had not left South Florida in '63.

Attended bowl games in '86 (Fiesta), '87 (Orange), '89 (Sugar), '92 (Sugar), '94 (Orange), 2001 (Rose). Think I have years right and in each case the game was after New Year's of the subsequent year.

Been to a few spring games and in '69 went to a freshman game against Ga Tech freshman.

Don't think I attended a game between 1964 UF game in Gainesville and 1982 Maryland game in College Park.

Unfortunately only 2, both @ pitt. Looking forward to start traveling to more games in the future for sure. Coley's run against them in 2013 I believe? Was a thing of beauty live
Just as an aside, one of our all-time greats, Don Bosseler, was from Western NY. (Batavia). Jim Burt was from Buffalo area.

Advertisement
Back