PODCAST: State of the Program - Ft. DMoney

The most telling line to me was about Jarren and his frustration that he's sitting behind "one of the worst QBs in Power 5 and 2 kids who can't pass a drug test"

Yup.

Clearly there's an off the field issue with Perry. Clearly. We can sit here and clown on Richt all we want, and he deserves a lot of it, but there is NO CHANCE that Richt watches both kids in practice and says, "Malik is the better player." No chance in the world. None. So it's GOT to be something else. He's too stupid, he's in trouble, there's a compliance issue, he won't stop smoking weed, he's running with the wrong crew....SOMETHING. I refuse to believe Richt has gone totally senile and thinks Malik is better. And it's even more telling that he's STILL starting, considering we play UF in 6 games and Malik won't be here. The fact that he's not getting anyone ready for that game tells me all I need to know about what Kosi and Cade are doing off the field.

Advertisement
DMoney, i appreciate your honesty in the podcast. Glad to see you guys keeping it all the way 100! Respect!

Thought you guys might dance around the obvious offensives issues and who is the Blume for then due to politics

So it's GOT to be something else. He's too stupid, he's in trouble, there's a compliance issue, he won't stop smoking weed, he's running with the wrong crew....SOMETHING.

I'd never hope for injuries of a kid, so I hope manurity's helmet gets popped off and he has to come out a play. I'm going to love the compliance suspension reasoning when Perry has to come in to hand the ball off.

We won't know what he's got until he plays real games.

But based on what he showed in practice, and the failures of the older players, he deserves an opportunity. Give him the third series and go from there.

Why do we have to wait till the 3rd series?

Advertisement
His reps have increased lately.

It's about time. I have always believed he got screwed when MJJ didn't commit to UM. Then we couldn't afford to lose anyone. After listening to the podcast. I believe it even more.

And while my head understands the need for a grad transfer QB, I have to wonder what JW will think of that - it pushes him back yet again. IDK I hope there's some serious searching for a class of 2019 QB going on behind the scenes.....

The most telling line to me was about Jarren and his frustration that he's sitting behind "one of the worst QBs in Power 5 and 2 kids who can't pass a drug test"

Yup.

Clearly there's an off the field issue with Perry. Clearly. We can sit here and clown on Richt all we want, and he deserves a lot of it, but there is NO CHANCE that Richt watches both kids in practice and says, "Malik is the better player." No chance in the world. None. So it's GOT to be something else. He's too stupid, he's in trouble, there's a compliance issue, he won't stop smoking weed, he's running with the wrong crew....SOMETHING. I refuse to believe Richt has gone totally senile and thinks Malik is better. And it's even more telling that he's STILL starting, considering we play UF in 6 games and Malik won't be here. The fact that he's not getting anyone ready for that game tells me all I need to know about what Kosi and Cade are doing off the field.
B

Yup.

Bingo, we have a winner!!!!

There's a reason Malik is playing and Perry can't sniff the field. Our super sleuth reporters haven't yet figured it out & Richt isn't about to throw Perry under the bus. Unfortunately, the QB room is a mess. Weldon is suspended, Perry probably would be again if we didn't need a backup in the event of injury, Richt doesn't deem Williams ready yet and so we're left with Malik.

Not giving Richt & staff a pass for the current mess, but Richt cut his teeth as a QB coach and list of his former QBs is fairly decent. So he's not stupid. And contrary to popular belief, doubt he's senile.

Yup.

Idk abt yall but i hope weed isnt the reason we seeing Malik. Im sorry im not suspending these kids about a lil weed.

Advertisement
My point: don't be afraid to dig in and address things like technique and play calling.

That's all we did for the first thirty minutes. As I said on the podcast, Richt is completely at fault for every failure on offense because he bargained for total accountability. He picks the coaches, picks the players and calls the plays.

As for the major staff changes, I just don't see it happening. And if he hires an OC that guy will likely have a very similar approach to Richt. My hope is that a new QB jumpstarts the offense and Richt goes from 1993 to at least 2003 (if not 2018).

That was the first podcast I’ve listened to from the site. You all did good.

Advertisement
the offense and QB development is awful, time for a new scheme and new thinking. Can CMR adjust his ego
to these significant changes to get the offensive scoring and explosiveness ????
the OL and to a certain extent the entire program needs a new S&C program, we have no explosion on either sides of the ball. we seem to have little or no push on OL and take a look at LSU, Whisky & BC we get physically
beat upfront........ Moffet who worked for Butch runs LSU's program , now there is explosive strength

That's all we did for the first thirty minutes. As I said on the podcast, Richt is completely at fault for every failure on offense because he bargained for total accountability. He picks the coaches, picks the players and calls the plays.

As for the major staff changes, I just don't see it happening. And if he hires an OC that guy will likely have a very similar approach to Richt. My hope is that a new QB jumpstarts the offense and Richt goes from 1993 to at least 2003 (if not 2018).

:mad:

I can see tht, ugh. More pro style boringness.

Advertisement

Still puzzled by your reference to Jarren being buried behind two players that can't pass a drug test. Is that the case?

Still puzzled by your reference to Jarren being buried behind two players that can't pass a drug test. Is that the case?

If Williams is good, he’ll drag Rick back up to his 10 win level with a couple headscratching clunkers each year. With excellent QB play, he can get back to what he did at UbaGA when he had his better QBs. He is who he is.

If Rick wants any sort of shot at being a national program (and I don’t really think that’s all that important to him), then he’ll have to hire a good innovative OC and get out of his way.

Advertisement
Back