PODCAST: State of the Program - Ft. DMoney

Advertisement
It’s completely garb
I would flip Scaife and Donaldson. If we can win over Evan Neal (still time there), he will be in the mix right away.

1. I’d love if we got Neal
2. I think it’s completely ridiculous that we say Searles and Richt need more time to “develop their guys” but yet we are hoping and counting on a true freshman OL to save the OL play. It’s bull

I’m tired of the excuses, and the same bull crap being spewed from Richt. He keeps serving us a **** sandwich and swearing up and down it’s a philly cheese steak because he seasoned it per the recipe 30 years ago

Now that was a depressing listen lol. Headed down the hope and pray road. Hope that a QB can step it up and solidify the position. (No indication this current staff is capable of developing a QB) Hope that Rorch's and Searles O-line recruits are on a different level than the last bunch. (No indication this current staff is capable of developing OL at even a moderate level) Pray that Mark can be introspective and realize he's way behind the times and his offense needs a massive overhaul. (No indication he's capable or willing) Hope that the crowd Saturday shows up and supports the team. (we know how that is going to go)

Just a an absolute sh*t show. $4mill/year deserves better.

Imgine if Jarren had been given a FAIR opportunity to compete and win the QB job?? We could be talking about a different season.

We need to hope he sees opportunity for next year and sticks.

Advertisement
Starting to feel bad for Jarren. the hype being built up, based off of nothing but hope right now is getting ridiculous.

We won't know what he's got until he plays real games.

But based on what he showed in practice, and the failures of the older players, he deserves an opportunity. Give him the third series and go from there.

But based on what he showed in practice, and the failures of the older players, he deserves an opportunity. Give him the third series and go from there.

Fuggin ordered that green jacket immediately when you guys mentioned it; been trying to get one for 6 months.

Keep up the good work, y'all.

but, Richt wont..

And if he did, he's setting him up for failure as by all accounts the kid is getting minimal reps with the 3's in practice.

Advertisement

Give him the third series to do what? have some ups but as soon as he has his downs pull him out? If there wasn't any patience shown with Perry why would there be any with Jarren. Because we just hope he won't have any bad throws. Guess what bad throws and misreads happen with all QBs especially young one. We can pretend that Dorsey was guns blazing once he got his shot but that's some revisionist history. That gator bowl in 99 he completed under 50% and like 80yards passing. Also did we forget that everyone was still up in arms about Cokers offense and Dorsey after the Washington game where he again missed more passes than he completed and literally looked like a dear with his head cut off.

I don't care who the qb is instead of Rosier, but they're going to need alot more patience to succeed than anyone has given Perry so far. More importantly we need a scheme that's going to generate opportunities to take advantage of the skill position talent and attack all areas of the field. This isn't two decades ago where you can hope to win games by out talenting people. If freaking Bama can try and be more innovative why would it be ok for Miami not to?

Give him the third series to do what? have some ups but as soon as he has his downs pull him out? If there wasn't any patience shown with Perry why would there be any with Jarren. Because we just hope he won't have any bad throws. Guess what bad throws and misreads happen with all QBs especially young one. We can pretend that Dorsey was guns blazing once he got his shot but that's some revisionist history. That gator bowl in 99 he completed under 50% and like 80yards passing. Also did we forget that everyone was still up in arms about Cokers offense and Dorsey after the Washington game where he again missed more passes than he completed and literally looked like a dear with his head cut off.

I don't care who the qb is instead of Rosier, but they're going to need alot more patience to succeed than anyone has given Perry so far. More importantly we need a scheme that's going to generate opportunities to take advantage of the skill position talent and attack all areas of the field. This isn't two decades ago where you can hope to win games by out talenting people. If freaking Bama can try and be more innovative why would it be ok for Miami not to?

It's not revisionist history that Dorsey brought the offense to life. His first three starts were 55 points, 45 points and 55 points against (weak) conference opponents. Before that, we were averaging 24 ppg against D1 competition. Everybody knew he was the best QB on the team by the end of the year.

I agree that any QB will need patience. I don't think we know the whole story with Perry, though. His on-field play did not merit getting pulled that quick.

And you seriously believe Jarren Williams is just as good as Trevor Lawrence?

And you seriously believe Jarren Williams is just as good as Trevor Lawrence?

Never said that. We don’t know what Jarren can do because he hasn’t played real games. Lawrence has.

I was trying to put myself in Jarren’s shoes. He thinks he’s just as good as Lawrence because he’s competed against him for years.

They played on the same team in the Army game, and Williams looked like the better player in the game. That’s just an exhibition. Lawrence has already proven to be elite in real games. I want Jarren to get the same chance.

Advertisement
Lets find out if Jarren is the answer.Our first game next year is Florida and we need to know now if Jarren is the answer or if we need to get a transfer asap.It is pure fantasy to think Jarren will stay here five years and we need to redshirt him.
Our eggs are with a guy who is 1 and 6 the last seven games who is alianating our fans ,players ,and recruits.Are we taking a risk playing Williams as oppose to Rosier?Saban did it with Tua and Dabo did it with Lawrence.We need to play Williams now before we lose the fan base,recruits,and the spirit of our players.We have much more to lose playing Rosier.It will be ugly Saturday if we do.

Telling you right now making a qb change regardless if it’s Dallas back there you’re going to win back the Lockeroom idk if you’ve been watching any games but no one ***** with Malik right now

Big-time Canes fan and pray Jarren can approach Lawrence's level, but don't think it's even close. Hope you're right.

Advertisement
I am on record as saying I absolutely hate the concept of flying banners. I think they are embarrassing for the program and the university, they don't effect change, are unfair to the players on the field, and ultimately make us look bad in the media and in the eyes of recruits...

All of that being said, I might... MIGHT... consider throwing down some $$ towards a "Where's our kitchen sink?" banner.

Imgine if Jarren had been given a FAIR opportunity to compete and win the QB job?? We could be talking about a different season.

We need to hope he sees opportunity for next year and sticks.
So you believe he wasn't given a fair opportunity? If so why not?

welcome_to_the_suck_by_greasygrandma.webp

Never said that. We don’t know what Jarren can do because he hasn’t played real games. Lawrence has.

I was trying to put myself in Jarren’s shoes. He thinks he’s just as good as Lawrence because he’s competed against him for years.

They played on the same team in the Army game, and Williams looked like the better player in the game. That’s just an exhibition. Lawrence has already proven to be elite in real games. I want Jarren to get the same chance.

Has anything you’ve heard led you to believe that Jarren will get a shot this year?

Advertisement
Back