PODCAST: State of the Program - Ft. DMoney

Telling you right now making a qb change regardless if it’s Dallas back there you’re going to win back the Lockeroom idk if you’ve been watching any games but no one ***** with Malik right now

Buddy I'm against manurity more than anyone (nothing against the kid but he shouldn't be the qb). However to think Williams is the key to stopping the offense from looking like broke down pinto is creating expectations that the kid may never reach imo. especially if given as short a leash as Perry was given by most. Idk if we reincarnated 19 yo Dorsey or had Trevor Lawrence back there to play QB I truly believe the scheme needs to be fixed as well.

Advertisement
I also agree that Jarren wasn't given a realistic shot at starting. Same reason Mark kept Berrios at PR... was reliable to just catch the ball.... even though there were more elusive younger guys that could of made some plays. Mark plays it safe. At this point with QB, I just don't know why he can't see there is no "safe". Both options have failed IMO... Rosier totally... Perry, I guess some could want to see more from him, but I continue to feel he is who he has shown through 2years of scrimmages and now 2games. Flashes of good stuff, but with far more ugly.... Jarren is build better than any QB on the team... If 3 top playoff teams can trust a FR QB with the playbook, I can trust Jarren... I wrote the season off already, so I have nothing to lose by putting Jarren out there and seeing if he's our guy....

Buddy I'm against manurity more than anyone (nothing against the kid but he shouldn't be the qb). However to think Williams is the key to stopping the offense from looking like broke down pinto is creating expectations that the kid may never reach imo. especially if given as short a leash as Perry was given by most. Idk if we reincarnated 19 yo Dorsey or had Trevor Lawrence back there to play QB I truly believe the scheme needs to be fixed as well.
scheme does suck, but I’m on board with pretty much everyone that there’s no upside of playing Malik, we should just get someone’s feet wet for next year. I don’t want to roll in a whole who hasn’t seen significant snaps against uf

I thought the podcast was way too homerish.

Basically it was a - keep the same garbage staff and let's see if things magically get better when Jarren Williams takes over.
Failed to address the abysmal special teams, mediocre recruiting class, the fact that poor quarterback play could be a direct result of poor coaching, the fact that our offensive linemen demonstrate poor technique pass blocking and are asked to run zone blocking schemes which most are not suited for. How about the fact that former players who know offenses clearly see the coaching deficiencies on that side of the ball. Or the play call analysts who state time and time again that Richt's offense is plain and easy to gameplan for.

My point: don't be afraid to dig in and address things like technique and play calling.

So Searles job will be evaluated after the 18' class gets some time under them?

@DMoney @Stefan Adams

The fact that Herbert, Hillery, Dykstra, and Gaynor haven't contributed at all should put Searles on the hot seat. You can't miss on 4/5 OL in a class. That's either a lack of development or an evaluation error. Either way, its on him and he should go.

Advertisement
Never said that. We don’t know what Jarren can do because he hasn’t played real games. Lawrence has.

I was trying to put myself in Jarren’s shoes. He thinks he’s just as good as Lawrence because he’s competed against him for years.

They played on the same team in the Army game, and Williams looked like the better player in the game. That’s just an exhibition. Lawrence has already proven to be elite in real games. I want Jarren to get the same chance.

You're overlooking one major aspect of this whole thing. Lawrence actually plays in a competent offensive scheme. What does it matter who our QB is if were still signaling the same ****bag, 30 year old plays? I expect to be underwhelmed by Jarren once he does get it. Not because he lacks talent, but because this system will make him look worse than he is.

The sad thing is, if Richt made the course correction and hired the OC, he’d get the extension on the honeymoon he needs to right the ship, especially if it was a quality, pedigree name.

Hue Jackson just got fired from the Browns. Great OC, terrible HC.

This should be the starting OL in the spring -

LT - Scaife
LG - Reed
C - Gaynor
RG - Donaldson
RT - Campbell

Now if Herbert or Hillery make a jump and take one of the G or T spots, great. Or if we land Neal and he grabs a T spot.

But if we see Mahoney or Boulware starting anywhere that tells me all I need to know about Searels and he needs to go.

Mahoney is a Golden recruit that has been average-below average this year and Boulware has been average as well. It will be year 4 and if Searels can't develop his guys enough to get them into a consistent starting line up, then bye bye
This is Spot On.......

Advertisement
Something that hasn’t been mentioned is MR saying Malik gives us the best chance to be in a position to win. Am I wrong that it is a losers mentality? shouldnt he put in players that give us the best chance to kick everyone’s ***, and beat the crap out of teams.” What I’m trying to say is “best chance to win” implys there is a chance we don’t, and that it will be a close game. He is planting negative seeds. It’s like the ghost of Dave wandstadt is back. Same bull headed crap.

Folden could have done the simple fix of firing D'No but didn't...

Simple fixes go against their egotistical mindset...

They will destroy programs to prove they are right...
Yup. Richt is burning down his own house to prove himself right.

Advertisement
Stefan and DMoney try to reassess just where Miami football is at after a two game losing streak that has left the UM community searching for answers.

Great pod. Appreciate you guys. Just hope people are willing and able to read between the lines. I know Stef and DMoney don’t see it that way, but they have to be even tempered and “fair”, but if you listen, you hear the same outrage. When DMoney talks about playing Jarren, it’s clear as day.

I'd hope so.

Jarren can maintain his redshirt and play in four games.

He needs time under center in three of those games - and to **** with this season - Richt already schitt that up.

Oh, we are up Schitt’s Creek. Richt is the dude with the hat, the fans, players, defensive coaches, and the program are the chick with the bucket.
4e6a74893decd72660b64c251db2608a--laptop-skin-laptops.jpg

Won’t matter who plays at Qb is we keep averaging 30 yard punts.

But Perry or Williams need to play.

Advertisement
What playbook is there for Jarren Williams to learn? There isn’t one. And I’m not being a smart *** A few running plays. RPOs. Bubbles, some slants. Verts and that’s it. No game plan to know, because there isn’t one. Doesn’t know blocking scheme? Does it matter, cause they don’t block anyhow. Guess we could go back to Coleys looking at sideline for calls. And 2 minutes drill. Can’t be any slower that what we have.
That's what's so frustrating. This offense doesn't seem to be complex. So why the **** can't we get Williams on the field? If Weldon and Perry refuse to get their sh't together and Rosier can't do anything other than run QB draws, how, or why, haven't we gotten Williams on the field.

@DMoney @Stefan Adams nice Podcast. It sounded like D had a few j’s before it started he was so calm. I think it is good to take a step back. I’m ****ed at another ruined year, another missed opportunity, but CMR is not going to change his mind. He will not be fired. So I can yell and scream and post everyday how he is Golden part 2. But since I live in the greatest place on earth S. Florida. I will be like D

The program is still not moving forward, and next year we will start a red shirt freshman with no experience so here is to 2020 Canes team. Pass the Js around

Advertisement
Back