Palmer transferring

Advertisement
I called this back at the beginning of the season.

Pretty sure I got negged for saying this in a post.

I was never a fan of his game. It didn't mesh well with the rest of the team.

Good luck to him.

He got tired of transfers taking all his playing time, Coach L needs to decides what kinda be of program he's going to run. He's loosing to much recruits to transferring and it's hurting the team with depth. I expect 1 more to defect here shortly.

Advertisement
He got tired of transfers taking all his playing time, Coach L needs to decides what kinda be of program he's going to run. He's loosing to much recruits to transferring and it's hurting the team with depth. I expect 1 more to defect here shortly.

Huh

CLUELESS!

Not much of a loss imo. He played better as a freshman than a sophomore. He is not as good as he thinks he is, which leads to lots of stupid decisions. Given the talent coming in, his role wasn't going to increase. Good decision to transfer. All parties benefit. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
So are we bringing another player in this class? Not sure if they are an good prospects left that we can get in on other than the foreign kid.

Not much of a loss imo. He played better as a freshman than a sophomore. He is not as good as he thinks he is, which leads to lots of stupid decisions. Given the talent coming in, his role wasn't going to increase. Good decision to transfer. All parties benefit. Best of luck to him.

This

Would love to bring in the Delaware transfer. We should have enough guard and wing depth this coming year. Is this our last year that we will be playing with only 12 scholarships?

Advertisement
Disagree with everyone here. The only other long athletic wing we have is Lawrence. Palmer is a solid defensive player who can shoot and also can get to the basket. He had a solid year last year and got less minutes this year. Once his minutes went down, he started pressing when he was in and forcing too much. Think this will hurt us next year.

James Palmer didn't play because he wasn't any good. Pretty simple concept. Shouldn't shoot, wasn't athletic and a minus player defensively. I have no problems sprinkling in transfers with highly rated high school prospects. We have a consensus Top 10 class coming in, so your logic that "no one wants to be apart of a transfer-laden team" is flawed.

Disagree with everyone here. The only other long athletic wing we have is Lawrence. Palmer is a solid defensive player who can shoot and also can get to the basket. He had a solid year last year and got less minutes this year. Once his minutes went down, he started pressing when he was in and forcing too much. Think this will hurt us next year.

In this day and age in CBB, wings have to be able to stretch the floor and defend. The only exceptions are really the guys that have freakish athleticism or can be prolific scorers by getting to the rim whenever they'd like. Palmer is none of the above.

Advertisement
I think you need to bring in an eligible PG in Palmer's place. I think this allows us to depend less on Newton. It also allows us to flex Newton to a SG too.

I would go after the following:

1. Cullen Neal
2. Christian Kessee

The only transfer I wish we could take back is Deandre Burnett. The rest of them, including Palmer, were excellent roster management, IMO.

He's a very talented kid who lacks something because he lost minutes to a less talented Lawrence. Hard to critique coach L, but I hate to see talented kids leave the program. What we really need is guys who are spot up shooters, and he's not that. I assume coach L knows that and why he made Brown and Vasiljevic priorities. My guess is next year we are going to see two of the freshman in the starting lineup, one at SG and the other at C.

He can't shoot for ****. And Lawrence less talented?

What games were you guys watching?

Advertisement
Back