Our DL Room is FILTHY

Advertisement
He isn’t 310. At the All American game he came in at 299 and that was early january. I know 11 pounds aint that far off but he could be even smaller now
Yep. I remember hearing that at the all star game and even at 299 he looked like he was still carrying baby fat. He looks like a leaner 290 now. He can get to 300-305 by UF game if he really dedicates himself to the weights + 6 or so meals per day every day.

There's really never an excuse for Miami, in its local recruiting area, to have anything less than a Top 15 2ndary that's loaded with top 3 round guys. If we had that this year, this team would be a playoff lock.

Advertisement

The only position group where South FL doesn't disappoint.

The Office Finger Guns GIF

Advertisement
Dear 6lb 8oz baby Jesus, just please let Moten or Horton be a dude. Please. Just let one of those be an A+ eval and a hit. If either one of those kids can play like a future draft pick, we know what we have with Clark and Barrow, we’re pretty sure we know what we have with Cook, just one of those kids, please develop into an above average player and this DL is ******* nails.

Advertisement
Ruben Bain 45 QB pressures in 2023
Tyler Baron 41 QB pressures in 2023
Elijah Alston 35 QB pressures in 2023
Akheem Mesidor 28 QB pressures in 2022

Thats 149 QB pressures between the 4 of them (in their last full season played). We get that kind of production and it will be hard for any QB to get into a passing rhythm against this team.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...of-the-best-in-the-country-in-2024-232752324/

Last edited:
According to DMoney, Horton is healthy and up to 307. So he is now a redshirt freshman, going into his second year in the program, standing at 6-4 307. If he is still athletic with the added weight, he could make an impact in this DT rotation.

for how many years did our 300lb OL and DL look heavy and unathletic.

Now these kids look like they weigh 250.

As great as Saban was in so many facets of coaching the one thing he knew was if you start with big strong athletic kids its much easier then trying to mold undersized or oversized guys. Get the biggest, fastest, and best athletes and sort it out from there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
According to DMoney, Horton is healthy and up to 307. So he is now a redshirt freshman, going into his second year in the program, standing at 6-4 307. If he is still athletic with the added weight, he could make an impact in this DT rotation.

Again, like I said in the Bank thread and just above in this one, we desperately need to hit on Moten or Horton. They don't both need to be NFL players, and honestly we don't even need one to be a great player here....just if one of them is well above average to good, we are gonna be NASTY on the DL this year. I like Clark a lot, I know for a fact Barrow will more than hold his own. That's a great start and there aren't a lot of teams we'll play who will have interior linemen that can push those two around. But you need 4, really, at least, to survive a season. We're all somewhat hesitant on Cook, but I really believe, at worst, he's a solid depth piece. A kid you can plug in on early downs 15 times a game or in short yardage and he's not gonna hurt you. Can we find just one more kid in that same mold? I can't stomach seeing Lichtenstein 2.0 in there against FSU getting washed like my underwear.

Ahmad Moten was all-broward first-team as a senior, the rooster has him listed at 6'3 and 325, he's in Year 3 in a college weight program, he had a ton of big offers out of HS. Can this kid make an impact?

Josh Horton, D made his case in the bank, he's over 300 pounds, was drawing some rave reviews in camp last year as a true freshman, and is now in Year 2 here.

One of these kids needs to earn a spot in the rotation. And they need to produce while there. You can't take both of these kids in back to back classes and have them be total zeroes. Develop at least one of these kids into a solid contributor who can make plays and the DL is gonna ****.

PFF rolling HARD

So Alston is significantly better than Bain and Barrow and Cook are basically the same guy?

Oh Lordy

drunk tv land GIF by nobodies.

Advertisement
Back