OT -- Canes Men's BB beats BC in OT at buzzer, plays Duke tomorrow

Duke isn't that special this year.

But I do agree with you. Not sure what the extension was for. It seems L only has good years when loaded with guys 23-24 years old.

• Moore 6th yr senior
  • McGusty 6th yr senior
  • Sam 6th yr senior
  • Miller Grad Transfer (not sure on 5th or 6th yr, I think 5th)
  • Wong is a 3rd year player with a ton of experience

If we don't strike transfer gold it's going to be another rough one next year. Recruiting was decent but he's never done well with young teams
Oh wow, didn't realize it was that easy to field a good team. You should delete this post before all of the other coaches in the country see it and realize it.

Advertisement
Not sure what makes it insane as I specifically said maybe the few games I've watched has been the exception. Because each of those games they turned the ball over right and left down the stretch to make it either closer than necessary or lose...
That's fair - the post I quoted wasn't the insane one, the prior one was: "...they all struggle with ball handling...it's so annoying watching them constantly turn the ball over any time they try to do a cross over."

But you're right, you walked back that observation later on.

Lets cut the crap. This is one of the most entertaining basketball teams I have watched. Great come from behind victories, close games, and some heart breaking losses. The transition game is fun to watch, and there is always constant movement in the half court, as well as blanket defense in the tight games.
On top of that they are a winning basketball team, do not be the miserable person who wants to bring everything down, enjoy the ride regardless of how
long it last.

This.

Like I’ve said before you can tell people that just recently showed up that don’t watch Miami basketball.

I used to rarely post here because it was a graveyard, now we’re winning and I post more. But believe me I’ve been watching Miami basketball since before I even went there.. They don’t understand what this team has done. People are showing up and expecting a deep tourney run because we won 22 games.

I have been critical in the past of Larranaga, but I think he’s done a much better job coaching this year than he did during the 2012-2013 season. Also a senior laden team, but one with much more basketball talent than the present day team. I thought that team should’ve never lost their last tourney game.

That's fair - the post I quoted wasn't the insane one, the prior one was: "...they all struggle with ball handling...it's so annoying watching them constantly turn the ball over any time they try to do a cross over."

But you're right, you walked back that observation later on.
Myself I've only watched several games and late in those games that was a recurring problem just like it was yesterday late in the game...

Advertisement
Oh wow, didn't realize it was that easy to field a good team. You should delete this post before all of the other coaches in the country see it and realize it.

Didn't realize Coach L's kid was on CIS. My bad. Your dad is amazing. Sorry for thinking extending him through 2026 while in his 70's was a questionable idea

Didn't realize Coach L's kid was on CIS. My bad. Your dad is amazing. Sorry for thinking extending him through 2026 while in his 70's was a questionable idea
No, that's not what you did. Criticizing this year's team has nothing to do with his age or an extension. It's diminishing the accomplishment of fielding a good team this year. You said we're "only" good when we have old teams.

My point is that if it were that easy, everyone would do it. Penn St is one of the oldest teams in the country this year, and they have a losing record. It's not easy to field older teams in modern CBB, and it's not easy to get those teams to gel.

He does that well. That's been his recipe for success here. So what? What does that have to do with him being too old to extend? If instead his best teams here had been loaded with 5-star freshmen, would you not think he's too old to extend?

(And I'm not defending the extension. I could care less about it. Extensions are meaningless. The only thing that matters is the buy-out.)

No, that's not what you did. Criticizing this year's team has nothing to do with his age or an extension. It's diminishing the accomplishment of fielding a good team this year. You said we're "only" good when we have old teams.

My point is that if it were that easy, everyone would do it. Penn St is one of the oldest teams in the country this year, and they have a losing record. It's not easy to field older teams in modern CBB, and it's not easy to get those teams to gel.

He does that well. That's been his recipe for success here. So what? What does that have to do with him being too old to extend? If instead his best teams here had been loaded with 5-star freshmen, would you not think he's too old to extend?

(And I'm not defending the extension. I could care less about it. Extensions are meaningless. The only thing that matters is the buy-out.)

Agreed. I did enjoy this year's team. I should have said that.

If we could have kept Brooks I think we are a borderline top 10 team. Timberlake would have been great additional depth too.

Charlie Moore was the first true PG we have had in a while and we miss that. He was the perfect fit to go along with McGusty and Wong. Lykes would have dominated the ball too much.

Here's to hoping L can strike gold in the transfer market again and we have another fun season in '23

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back