OT -- Canes Men's BB beats BC in OT at buzzer, plays Duke tomorrow

22 wins, in the top four ACC, and the sure tourney bid? I would’ve bet the entire mortgage that we wouldn’t have done that before the season started. I thought we were gonna be towards the bottom of the ACC and not even an NIT bid, but that was the most I was hoping for was NIT. Add to that, we have no one that’s gonna play in the NBA, and frankly, at best in one of the European or foreign teams.
Not to mention we could have won a few more close games. I'll take scrappy over crappy any day. This team isn't all that good, but they at least worked hard and made it this far. Gotta be proud of them for that.

Advertisement
Sad win. Anyone that thinks that team is made to compete in March is dealing with their own madness. They struggle to close every game. Play horrible interior defense and struggle mightily to get off a good shot. That team goes WHEREVER charlie Moore can take them. Would've loved to have that kid for 4 years cause I think he's a beast. But the fact we have zero bigs doesn't bode well for tournament play.
Actually....most important part of tournament success is guard play. And that has been proven many many times.

Advertisement
Actually....most important part of tournament success is guard play. And that has been proven many many times.
With zero bigs that's been proven? With 4 gaurds and no adequate 4 or 5s that's been proven? I'd love an example of two please of teams that fit those parameters that have had tournament success as in won a couple games or so. I'm not a basketball person obviously. But I can't think of anyone that fits that tab. What's been proven in my eyes is guards are the driving force but that's when they've had atleast adequate size surrounding them. Sam wardenburg for gods sake is the only lil bit of a size they play as for some reason walker is rarely on the court and he doesn't play a bigs game at all. He plays a European game outside in.

With zero bigs that's been proven? With 4 gaurds and no adequate 4 or 5s that's been proven? I'd love an example of two please of teams that fit those parameters that have had tournament success as in won a couple games or so. I'm not a basketball person obviously. But I can't think of anyone that fits that tab. What's been proven in my eyes is guards are the driving force but that's when they've had atleast adequate size surrounding them. Sam wardenburg for gods sake is the only lil bit of a size they play as for some reason walker is rarely on the court and he doesn't play a bigs game at all. He plays a European game outside in.
Villanova is only team I can think of.

Advertisement
Last years NC game...Baylor and Gonzaga had seven of the 10 starters were between 6-2 and 6-5, and each team started three guards.

So apparently Lunardi wasn't a fan of the close win today. Just dropped miami into the last 4 byes category. Havent seen them listed there b4.
20220310_221354.webp

Advertisement
So apparently Lunardi wasn't a fan of the close win today. Just dropped miami into the last 4 byes category. Havent seen them listed there b4. View attachment 179421
We are a lock. If we win the ACC tournament we become a 6 seed. If not..probably will be a 10 seed...which in my opinion is better than being an 8 or 9.

So apparently Lunardi wasn't a fan of the close win today. Just dropped miami into the last 4 byes category. Havent seen them listed there b4. View attachment 179421
SMH, that is ridiculous. If UNC is in how can we not be a lock? We beat them, match their best win, they have less quad 1 wins etc. I can believe it had we lost as I would be sweating it out but ridiculous for us to be on any bubble right now. Maybe just me, that is why I was beyond frustrated with today's game, I think they would have shafted us if we lost.

We are a lock. If we win the ACC tournament we become a 6 seed. If not..probably will be a 10 seed...which in my opinion is better than being an 8 or 9.
How many bid stealers are out there still? I dont follow the smaller conferences but now I'm starting to sweat now they miami somehow moved down. If teams like VT somehow win the ACC and a few other small conference champ upsets could miami somehow slid out of it if they lose tomorrow? Seems like complete bs

Advertisement
SMH, that is ridiculous. If UNC is in how can we not be a lock? We beat them, match their best win, they have less quad 1 wins etc. I can believe it had we lost as I would be sweating it out but ridiculous for us to be on any bubble right now. Maybe just me, that is why I was beyond frustrated with today's game, I think they would have shafted us if we lost.
That's what I'm starting to think. But how many bid stealers are still out there for smaller conferences? And if VT somehow keeps winning. Couldn't believe it when I saw miami on the bubble

Read the fine print on post...he stated there are essentially 3 at large spots up for grabs...held by Wake, Xavier, and Indiana...those are the slots that can be taken from about 5 other teams trying to take one of the last 3..
We have already punched our ticket after our win vs Cuse...

So we are locked in...we win tournament and we are seeded higher like at 6

Read the fine print on post...he stated there are essentially 3 at large spots up for grabs...held by Wake, Xavier, and Indiana...those are the slots that can be taken from about 5 other teams trying to take one of the last 3..
We have already punched our ticket after our win vs Cuse...

So we are locked in...we win tournament and we are seeded higher like at 6
I did, still think it is crap to have us in any bubble talk at all. I get the ACC is garbage this year but come on man.

That's what I'm starting to think. But how many bid stealers are still out there for smaller conferences? And if VT somehow keeps winning. Couldn't believe it when I saw miami on the bubble
Really only a few that could steal a bid from what I see. Most of the smaller conferences only getting tourney winner in anyway. A lot of teams knocked themselves out today.

Advertisement
Back