OT -- Canes Men's BB beats BC in OT at buzzer, plays Duke tomorrow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really disappointed they extended Jim. BC is crap and we’re a senior laden team should have never been close. Can’t wait for the Duke beat down and one and done in the tourney.

Duke isn't that special this year.

But I do agree with you. Not sure what the extension was for. It seems L only has good years when loaded with guys 23-24 years old.

• Moore 6th yr senior
  • McGusty 6th yr senior
  • Sam 6th yr senior
  • Miller Grad Transfer (not sure on 5th or 6th yr, I think 5th)
  • Wong is a 3rd year player with a ton of experience

If we don't strike transfer gold it's going to be another rough one next year. Recruiting was decent but he's never done well with young teams

Advertisement
Really disappointed they extended Jim. BC is crap and we’re a senior laden team should have never been close. Can’t wait for the Duke beat down and one and done in the tourney.

Why are you disappointed they extended him? What exactly is the downside?

I’m also interested in why you’re looking forward to us getting a “beat down“.

This thread shows exactly why many people think we are a toxic fan group! People hoping we get destroyed, people saying we suck, etc! We can’t be happy for 3.9 seconds of success!

You’re confusing people that go to games and support the program, to people that sit in their underwear and post from bumfūck California.

Advertisement
Posting here as an FYI since not everyone goes to the BB board. Nice win. Stressful.
Sad win. Anyone that thinks that team is made to compete in March is dealing with their own madness. They struggle to close every game. Play horrible interior defense and struggle mightily to get off a good shot. That team goes WHEREVER charlie Moore can take them. Would've loved to have that kid for 4 years cause I think he's a beast. But the fact we have zero bigs doesn't bode well for tournament play.

Sad win. Anyone that thinks that team is made to compete in March is dealing with their own madness. They struggle to close every game. Play horrible interior defense and struggle mightily to get off a good shot. That team goes WHEREVER charlie Moore can take them. Would've loved to have that kid for 4 years cause I think he's a beast. But the fact we have zero bigs doesn't bode well for tournament play.

Fair points. But even one-and-done in the Tourney is waaaaay better than what we were predicted to do pre-season.

Advertisement
Fair points. But even one-and-done in the Tourney is waaaaay better than what we were predicted to do pre-season.

22 wins, in the top four ACC, and the sure tourney bid? I would’ve bet the entire mortgage that we wouldn’t have done that before the season started. I thought we were gonna be towards the bottom of the ACC and not even an NIT bid, but that was the most I was hoping for was NIT. Add to that, we have no one that’s gonna play in the NBA, and frankly, at best in one of the European or foreign teams.

Teams with bigs are definitely Miami’s weak point. But you’re under appreciating this team. They are super streaky but when hot they can take on anyone.

Moore is the key for sure. But Wong and McGusty and Sam and Miller can all generate a rally. I think they have a lot of heart.

Not worried about Larranaga. Radakovich will manage that transition within the next couple of years. I’m just happy for them right now when the pundits picked them to be among the worst teams in the conference headed into the season.

Teams with bigs are definitely Miami’s weak point. But you’re under appreciating this team. They are super streaky but when hot they can take on anyone.

Moore is the key for sure. But Wong and McGusty and Sam and Miller can all generate a rally. I think they have a lot of heart.

Not worried about Larranaga. Radakovich will manage that transition within the next couple of years. I’m just happy for them right now when the pundits picked them to be among the worst teams in the conference headed into the season.
I agree they're super streaky. But they all struggle with ball handling and interior passing. Well actually Sam is a **** good interior passer but it's so annoying watching them constantly turn the ball over any time they try to do a cross over. There's zero reason that game went to over time. Shooting 3s right and left up 4 inside 9f the last minute. That's just bad coaching and execution. Isiaah wong was God awful today and he wouldn't take him 9ff the court for nothing...

Advertisement
Back