Ok...I didn't hate it

Advertisement
That will come in time..TVD has been there...hopefully it starts next week
Didn’t see much of Harrell which sucks but hopefully he will Hit big next week. Noticed #16 was in quite a bit instead of Harrell. Hoping to see a switch next week

Whether it was vanilla playbook to keep things back idk... but knowing TVD had finger/grip issues the passes we made & lack of deep shots made sense to me. Even the INT was just a lollipop thrown out there, no zip. hopefully he can get his hand/grip right for next week and the rest of the playbook can be utilized.

Advertisement
Just got home. It's about time we had a game like this. One where all the poisons you put in yoir body at the tailgate are the only threats to give you an actual coronary event instead of your rage at the on-field product.

Don't have much specific to add that hasn't been already mentioned and obviously it's not an elite opponent but it definitely looked like a mentality shift with us. Lots of ballhawks and guys wanting to make plays on both sides of the ball and running toward/generating the violence.

Next week is going to be interesting. Too bad it's not a night game. Atmosphere should still be phenomenal.

Advertisement
Overall solid showing.

Our kick returner needs to think yards.

Defense is stout.

Offense is 30 in nation level so far. Our Line and RBs looked good. But...Will be challenged against top 20 teams.

Wezz best start going middle and outside against the Aggies.

Advertisement
Usually we’re justifying a bad performance with the “ vanilla” excuse. It was nice to finally dominate a team they were supposed to dominate, and show very little on offense while they did it.

This.
I told a friend walking out that we dominated without showing our hand for next week, and I couldn't remember the last time that strategy didn't blow up in our face.

Advertisement
1693625195995.gif

Nice win to start the season. Would have liked to have seen more plays downfield and less penalties but overall, not bad...defense impressive
I don’t want to sound like an idiot cause I said the same thing about our OC last year ( Who I shall not name ) but I think he held back some plays and will unleash them against Texas A&am

I didn’t hate it, either.

—Kam Kinchens was laying the wood like Jon Vilma in the Rose Bowl.

—Francisco reminded us of what an actual LB looks like.

—Colbie Young looked like a man among boys.

—The RB rotation was effective and Fletcher got loose and showed why he’s been hyped.

—The OL was night and day better than anything we saw last year.

—Borregalles and the new Aussie punter showed that the kicking game is in good hands.

—Run defense up front was better than I thought it would be.

Advertisement
Back