Ok...I didn't hate it

Advertisement
****** what? We never had an issue running the ball the entire game. They loaded the box and rarely tackled us for a loss. We got good push.

A team full of juniors and season fresh from a full off season and we still pushed em around. Context playa. You trippin
Second time I’ve edited a variation of the N word out of your posts in this thread. Please refrain from that. Thanks.

Personal attacks
Second time I’ve edited a variation of the N word out of your posts in this thread. Please refrain from that. Thanks.

I been typing that on this board for almost a **** decade. Edit deez 🥜 bih

mtv animation GIF

One thing I saw was that the players need to take things seriously. Too much smiling and laughing towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Do that **** when is 50 to 3. In reality this should’ve been 30 to 3 going in at the half.

Advertisement
Looked like we clearly played the run on the DL 1st and 2nd downs so didn’t generate a ton of pressure until blitzing. Was very effective that unit looked great.
We took what they gave us offensively which was nice.
TVD needs to heal up we will have tight windows and need some good shot plays next week

One thing I saw was that the players need to take things seriously. Too much smiling and laughing towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Do that **** when is 50 to 3. In reality this should’ve been 30 to 3 going in at the half.
You being sarcastic right? To much smiling n taking the game seriously.

Advertisement
Very pleased with Guidry tonight. Sound fundamentally. Play like that next weekend and we have a very good shot to come out with a win.

Hopefully we go a little more vertical on early downs next week, a lot of repetitive and predictable inside runs that won't work against upper echelon opponents. Thought Young looked like a stud out there, good job by the Oline and we have a surplus of capable backs with good vision.

Henry Parrish collecting ANKLES. Fletcher will be that dude.

I also expect to use the TE's wayyyy more...they were virtually nonexistent tonight.
I was wondering at half if we had any TEs. I’m expected a waaay different passing strategy next weekend when our competition will be much better. That Miami (OH) team came out on the field fired up like they expected to win the game. In prior years, this could have looked different. Our OLine dominated guys from the start (which they should considering their size advantage).

I’ve noticed some people criticizing the offense and saying they were a tad disappointed, but don’t you think that was kinda the plan going into the game? Dawson was probably thinking: We have a huge advantage up front and a great group of RB’s so let’s just run the ball, take a few shots downfield, and conserve our playbook for that big-time opponent next week. I just think the lack of pushing the ball downfield and displaying an elite passing attack was by choice, and not out of necessity.

Advertisement
Comparison to last year's first FBS game. Miami, OH is a better opponent and we nearly doubled our yards per rush (6.9 nice):

View attachment 254431
That’s eye opening. And I would give more respect to this team over BCU. Our rushing game especially being much more dominant and clean last night. Little of the play calling was questionable (thinking about the slow developing run play on 3rd and short around the 35/40 that we were going for it in 4th before a bonehead false start). But a really good warm up where we didn’t have to show much, just execute. Hoping that every week we continue to look different than last year.

Advertisement
I think people underestimate what a fresh Chaney/Fletcher will do the teams in the second half of our games behind this O-Line.

Most of these backs will be coming in each time, fresh and trying to prove something….great problem for us to have!

Advertisement
Back