Ok...I didn't hate it

Comparison to last year's first FBS game. Miami, OH is a better opponent and we nearly doubled our yards per rush (6.9 nice):

SoMiss.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They looked a lot better than last year against Southern Miss and MTSU.

The OLine wore them out
Receivers hands were noticeably better than last year
RB room is stacked
Front 7 looked so much better against the run than last year
Tackling was the best I’ve seen in quite a while
LB Play was much better

OL penalties need to stop
Would like to use more tempo on O
TVD looked better as it went on, but started shaky
DB’s need to track the deep balls better
Hopefully we can create some turnovers next week

I am also not mad.

I'm not sure what can be made of the offense yet.
Exactly. Efficient minus the penalties might be the best way to put it…but it didn’t feel as smooth as it should…I guess that’s why I liked Emory’s demeanor for the series he was in…he was upbeat and just looked like he was really into it…

Advertisement
Comparison to last year's first FBS game. Miami, OH is a better opponent and we nearly doubled our yards per rush (6.9 nice):

View attachment 254431
Those 3 Southern Miss turnovers as well

Miami OH was a well coached team and those are the ones that usually make us look terrible. We rely on mistakes because we make so many

On paper the GT game last year looked lopsided but if not for Kams INTs it might have been rough

This looks like a completely different team than last year. Body language looks different too. Next week should be fun.

Advertisement
The penalties and inability to run the ball in the first half were the concerns for me. The turnover and poor passing rhythm early were also not great

Liked how we moved the ball on the ground in the 2nd half, the defense's third down play, the way we stopped the run for most of the game, and blocking by the WRs in the run game
****** what? We never had an issue running the ball the entire game. They loaded the box and rarely tackled us for a loss. We got good push.

A team full of juniors and season fresh from a full off season and we still pushed em around. Context playa. You trippin

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Hmmm that defense may end up being elite. The front 7 is elite and kam is the dude of all dudes on the back end
It’s possible, but I’m not ready to say that or jump to that conclusion. Like I said there’s things to fix and more ball to play. I liked what I saw from them, but the level is up moving forward.

Advertisement
Back