Notice of Allegations *update*

View as article
A third bowl ban is absolutely ridiculous. Penn St. got 4! Benihana , bowling, and boat rides is just a notch below a f*cking child molestation ring!

Advertisement
IF we already have recieved the draft there have been some positve remarks, tweets, hires by the canes staff that point to a favorable outcome such as "we have the best cooperating staff", Cristobal hire, etc. Golden's remarks outlines by another poster above are also positive imo. There are several moles posting here about January 18th and to them I say- We will own you soon and make you our *******. Go canes!

if i had to guess, there are a few people that have cooperated with the NCAA in exchange for immunity. it appears Marve may be one and i would not be surprised if there are others, perhaps even Hurtt.

i would not also be surprised if they come down real hard on UM, given the nature, scope, and duration of violations and the fact that it involves 2 sports. not sure whether this would be accurate, but would not violations in 2 sports suggest loss of institutional control and failure to monitor?

i'm a bit pessimistic, although i also believe (a) we've self imposed a whole of hurt already which should give us some good credit, (b) shalala is a competent institutional negotiator that could work some magic with the NCAA powers that be, and (c) there seems to be a shift from punishing the institution that no longer houses the violators to punishing the violators when they've moved to other institutions.

Unless Hurtt has some smoking gun that he was given bags of cash by Shannon to go get guys he should get no immunity. He is a coach. He is one of the big fishes. He is one of the guys they want to make an example of.

Exactly. That would be like giving James Holmes immunity to go after the dude who sold him the gun. Hurtt is GOING DOWN if he did the crap that he's been alleged to have done.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling its just FTM, not LOIC, which suggests no more bowls and only a limited amount of scholies lost.

LOIC isn't such a big deal anymore. A few schools have gotten that recently and haven't been torn to the ground. The major movement with the NCAA under Emmert's watch has been to go after the corches involved. He's emphasized that along with being more uniform in punishments handed down. That's why you've seen very similar penalties for the schools that have been punished over the last couple years.

there is nothing in the NOA that the school doesnt already know

Not the school, the recruits.
and all of that has been communicated to recruits

Even if it has just seeing the allegations listed all over the media, and then undoubtably blown out of preportion by those recruiting against us, is definitely something that can rattle a recruit this close to NSD...

It won't be given to the media unless UM chooses to reveal it to the media.

While true in theory, you can bet your *** that the document or most of what is in it will leak like a ruptured dam.

Hello Wikileaks, next up on your docket....

Advertisement
Manny is a fat load of ****, who goes out of his way to fugg things up for UM. He's another local media **** hole, who is trying to make a name for himself by bringing UM down. I'll never read another thing that fat lump of **** has to say. And I would hope that UM does him like they did that other load Dan Steroideo. If I'm UM I start cutting off access to any media member who shows himself to be a muckraking rat piece of crap.

A third bowl ban is absolutely ridiculous. Penn St. got 4! Benihana , bowling, and boat rides is just a notch below a f*cking child molestation ring!

If UM gets another bowl ban after Ped State got 4 for running a child a$$ raping camp for 30 years, then they need to burn that organization to the ground.

IF we already have recieved the draft there have been some positve remarks, tweets, hires by the canes staff that point to a favorable outcome such as "we have the best cooperating staff", Cristobal hire, etc. Golden's remarks outlines by another poster above are also positive imo. There are several moles posting here about January 18th and to them I say- We will own you soon and make you our *******. Go canes!

There is some circumstantial evidence to point to the staff thinking it won't be as bad as initially feared....first and foremost you have coach Golden saying 15-16 in this class and it now looks like we will take closer to 20.

Last edited:
Barry Jackson

### UM doesn't know what to expect when it receives NCAA allegations imminently, but UM is optimistic there won't be any big surprises based on the fact that the NCAA hasn't informed UM of any bombshells recently. UM is hopeful of avoiding another bowl ban, but nobody will know that until the infractions committee rules in a few months. Scholarship reductions remain likely....

By the way, Jamie Israel, who was UM's associate compliance director when some alleged violations occurred, now works for the NCAA, as assistant director for academic and membership affairs. He's not involved in the investigation, but the NCAA says there is no rule to prevent him (or anyone else) from giving information to the enforcement committee. Israel, who is respected by his former UM peers, declined to comment.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-heat-marlins-roster-buzz.html#storylink=cpy

That's pretty encouraging to me. If they were going to make the case that this was widespread and rampant throughout the athletic department, it seems unlikely they would still have Israel on staff.

Advertisement

Some of you guys need to not take everything so personally; that's not viral, that's just a news update. The media does the same thing whenever a big case against a big school has an update. They did this for OSU, USC, UNC, etc and one can argue this is bigger than all of those cases. They are reporting relevant news to the sports world; it's the internet age, everything gets reported. It may not be news we like, but that doesn't change the fact that it's news and should be reported.

Hey buddy, Fuccccccccccccccck that fat midget *******.

Way to defend the media, kudos to you.

We have the worst LOCAL media and the worst fans. How could you defend them?

I hate that fat **** as much as anybody, but I don't have a problem with his blog today. If anything it's semi positive. He's basically saying, hey the stuff in the early 80s was worse and all they got was 1 bowl ban and 10 scholarships.....I'll take it.

If Miami doesn't receive LOIC and only gets FTM then the NCAA's final judgement will be time served. No way they pile on more sanctions with failure to monitor. If that's the case then CFB better watch out because Golden is about to release **** on them...

They asked for coaches/assistants to be available from 3 different sports (mens football and basketball and womens basketball), as much as I would like to believe we wont end up with LOIC, I find that very unlikely with 3 different sports being involved.

Good points Shogun. It's really going to depend how the NCAA looks at this case. You have to remember, FBI agents involved with investigating the ponzi scheme and putting Shapiro behind bars have publicly made statements about how the UM athletes/staff are also victims of Shapiro, to an extent. Shapiro was able to con many white collar businessmen out of millions of dollars and manipulating 18 year olds to benifit his own agendas was an easy task for him. Does that mean that UM did nothing wrong? No. The fact that several players were suspended and that UM has self imposed two consecutive bowls tells us this isn't the case.

The truth of all the allegations probably lies somewhere in the middle. Hopefully the already self imposed penalties takes care of the majority of the overall punishment from the NCAA. Don't forget, the NCAA has been more focused on punishing individuals rather than institutions. That's why I don't believe the penalties will not be too harsh (probably some schollies, probation and recruiting restrictions) Now, If I'm Clint Hurtt, I am worried.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling its just FTM, not LOIC, which suggests no more bowls and only a limited amount of scholies lost.

LOIC isn't such a big deal anymore. A few schools have gotten that recently and haven't been torn to the ground. The major movement with the NCAA under Emmert's watch has been to go after the corches involved. He's emphasized that along with being more uniform in punishments handed down. That's why you've seen very similar penalties for the schools that have been punished over the last couple years.

Correct.

Advertisement
Manny is a fat load of ****, who goes out of his way to fugg things up for UM. He's another local media **** hole, who is trying to make a name for himself by bringing UM down. I'll never read another thing that fat lump of **** has to say. And I would hope that UM does him like they did that other load Dan Steroideo. If I'm UM I start cutting off access to any media member who shows himself to be a muckraking rat piece of crap.

Worst local media out of any school.

Yet our fans still support them, Canesport or any of them. Great fans as well!

Now that every journalist has called a punishment because of some fake "source" or "insider" they know...someone is going to be gloating because they called it. Just like some fan will do the same. Nobody knows yet someone will gloat.

Last edited:
Add Bruce Felman's sensationalism: "my guess 4 bowl bans and serious scholarship reduction"

Unreal. Echo the sentiments above, penn st got four. We served 3. Enough.

Advertisement
Feldman

.@GinoTorretta My GUESS UM gets LOIC; maybe 1 more postseason ban (meaning would have 3 served) & significant scholarship losses.
12:54pm - 13 Jan 13

Barry Jackson

### UM doesn't know what to expect when it receives NCAA allegations imminently, but UM is optimistic there won't be any big surprises based on the fact that the NCAA hasn't informed UM of any bombshells recently. UM is hopeful of avoiding another bowl ban, but nobody will know that until the infractions committee rules in a few months. Scholarship reductions remain likely....

By the way, Jamie Israel, who was UM's associate compliance director when some alleged violations occurred, now works for the NCAA, as assistant director for academic and membership affairs. He's not involved in the investigation, but the NCAA says there is no rule to prevent him (or anyone else) from giving information to the enforcement committee. Israel, who is respected by his former UM peers, declined to comment.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-heat-marlins-roster-buzz.html#storylink=cpy

That's pretty encouraging to me. If they were going to make the case that this was widespread and rampant throughout the athletic department, it seems unlikely they would still have Israel on staff.

Yea that is huge

We skattin y'all

Feldman

.@GinoTorretta My GUESS UM gets LOIC; maybe 1 more postseason ban (meaning would have 3 served) & significant scholarship losses.
12:54pm - 13 Jan 13

When will one of these clowns state the obvious with the bowl bans

Advertisement
Back