Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
What occurred at FIU back then over 10 years ago isn’t really relevant now, times have changed.

What he did at Oregon, with a top 10 NFL pick at QB, doesn’t really mean anything for us currently. Hence my last post I made before this one. He needs a real dude at QB to overcome pretty much everything else. Right now we don’t have anything close and no optimism to believe we will ever get one here because his offensive reputation has only gotten worse here. All I know and care about is what is taking place at University of Miami right now. Maybe in year 3, more of the. CULCHA will be established and we can start consistently beating teams like GT, NCST etc though.

🤷🏾‍♂️
The one kid on this team holding it all back is TVD and Mario is supposed to imbue him with what exactly?

I see people saying Mario should have brought in another portal kid. Really? With TVD at the time threatening to leave? Naw life doesn't work that way.

Overcome? What? A strong running game and enough time in the pocket to play poker with dogs? Stifling defense?

This is a horrible take. Baffling even. So what he's done doesn't matter? Only at Miami. Wow.

Surprised Fire GIF

You didn't answer my question. I suspect that's because you recognize, at least on some level, that being a hypocrite doesn't make a person incorrect, nor does acting in one's own interest make someone a liar. I'll answer your questions though.

My daughter may have lied in that scenario. Of course, she's a child and what she wants in one moment may not be what she wants in the next. And what she thinks she wants may not be good for her regardless (maybe she eats that ice cream sandwich and ends up with an upset stomach). It is, after all, the adults in the room that put the dinner on her plate (and the ice cream sandwiches in the fridge).

On your second question, no, and you are mistating the facts. Pittman left UO to go to FSU... a team that passes way more than UO under Mario. **** did not work out for him there. Plans change and he has to leave or get passed up on the depth chart because he's not as good as the guys there. And, at that point, who knows what his options are. You are assuming his act of desperation is an act of dishonesty.
I answered your question with imo a more comparable analogy, to show anyone can make up an analogy to fit their argument.

You see, you're saying he went to Utah out of desperation, which imo is funny, cause he obviously could have gone G5 - he CHOSE to go to a P5 team that ran way more than the team he was complaining about wasting his talents. What I'm saying is he chose to quit on the team, because he felt he wasn't getting enough snaps as a Junior. He's saying it's a problem that they didn't pass enough. But the reality is, he simply wasn't good enough. That's like Frank Ladson complaining we don't pass enough - buddy you're not getting the ball if we pass more anyways. You think if Oregon passed the exact same amount and he was WR1 he was transferring? No, he transferred because he wasn't starting. He made whatever excuses he could make to try to justify him quitting on his team before the season ended.

Also that Oregon team Passed 43% of the time. Under Mario the last 2 years, we're literally 50/50. Btw Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss passed 38% of the time last year, and is passing 43% of the time this year... So guess by this same statistic, you'd be a fool to be a WR and choose Ole Miss.

You can say all you want that Mario is sabotaging our season in the background but the reality is we have a QB who has lost his mind and an OC that can't figure out how to beat zone coverage. None of that is on Mario. None of that is on Mario. He may be an absolutely horrible game day coach
Say you’re right, my questions are if the HC doesn’t offer any help defensively or offensively and he is a horrible game day coach..

1. What does he do?

2. Will anything ever be his fault?

3. Why is he here and why should we trust him or give the benefit of the doubt with anything

Advertisement
That’s where you’re wrong, friend.

Mario wants a guy who can force to run bro style in 2024 and beyond. That style of football (ball control, defense) just doesn’t win at the highest levels anymore.

Game by game, the offense has gotten slower, more condensed, and less imaginative with the sets and formations. That’s ALL MARIO.

It doesn’t matter who comes in after Dawson.
474.gif

This

If he decided to meddle after our early season success and is still meddling after seeing how we have made a complete 180 for the worse, then it’s over and he will never be more than an 8-4 coach here and we are all wasting our time.
It literally makes no sense, just plain stupid honestly.
I can’t believe this post. I don’t want to bc if it is true Mario has to go. Why would he stop Dawson from doing what he was doing and scoring points. I guess 6 points and 170 rushing yards is better than 48 points on a sec defense. Better not be real or fly the banners bc I can’t with him if he’s that stupid

Highly skeptical of this because it'd be a badddd look for both parties. Dawson would leave with a severely diminished reputation as he doesn't have the resume for his excuses of what went wrong here (even if true) to carry a lot of weight. Mario would look even worse and would seem toxic to anybody that he tries to get to come in here as OC #3 in 3 years.
Mario would have to hire a Highsxhool coach to be the OC if Dawson is fired or he steps down bc who in their right mind would come here after this. Or worse Mario would have to call plays with his ply book of only running plays

Advertisement
In the last 4 games played:

TVD/Miami - 38 passing attempts per game, 31 rushing attempts per game
Penix/Washington - 36 passing attempts, 26 rushing attempts
Williams/USC - 36 passing attempts, 32 rushing attempts
Maye/UNC - 32 passing attempts, 38 rushing attempts

Dawson doesn't have a gimp chain around his neck. Dawson is the one that told you he chose to throw the ball on 3rd down against A&M that won the game. He's the one with the "I'm trying to end this f***ing thing" quote. And he was allowed to do it. Mario didn't stop him then. But now...now all the sudden that his QB is trash and he can't figure out how to beat a zone Mario is the one holding him back in the shadows.

There is nothing to support any of your conspiracies and it can't simply be that TVD became brain dead and Dawson has no idea how to fix it.
I've been on record saying TVD is severely limiting Dawson's ability to call a game, because you can't call something you haven't consistenly executed in practice. And at this point I'd be shocked to see TVD execute absolutely anything, because the guy does nothing right at this point.

TVD has feasted on the post-wheel-combo for weeks and threw two TDs vs UNC with it. He's thrown a pick on that every time since. And it wasn't that it was covered, he underthrew every single time.

We're forced to play nickel-and-dime football. Nickel-and-dime requires your QB to 1. read defenses pre and post-snap, 2. make quick decisions with the football in the short area of the field and 3. check the football down quickly to a RB or TE if nothing is open.

All 3 points are not being done or being done way too late.

Unless I'm seeing Emory out there on Saturday, I can't make final verdicts on coaches. But Mario is on his last ice with me anyway, so this would just be it.

Mario is totally incompetent. The faster this fanbase comes to terms with it the less it will hurt long term. We’re going no where fast.

Maybe the talent is enough where the next hire can make some noise but Caveman Colada Cristobal isn’t going to get it done.
If everything that's said in here is true, the cupboard will be bare imo. Mario recruited well at Oregon because he made them better quickly. However, tbose fans started figuring out that he was holding the offense back after a year or two. That reputation wasn't set in stone the way it is now, it will be really hard to overcome that in addition to the team actually getting worse here under him.

Last edited:
The one kid on this team holding it all back is TVD and Mario is supposed to imbue him with what exactly?

I see people saying Mario should have brought in another portal kid. Really? With TVD at the time threatening to leave? Naw life doesn't work that way.

Overcome? What? A strong running game and enough time in the pocket to play poker with dogs? Stifling defense?

This is a horrible take. Baffling even. So what he's done doesn't matter? Only at Miami. Wow.

We can agree to disagree. I don’t care about it. What he did at Oregon with a top 10 NFL draft pick doesn’t do anything about him being 11- 10 here and well under .500 in the ACC here and our QB situation looking porous heading into Y3. That was cool, and great for him. Congrats, but I’m focused on what he is doing now and how we are a joke within our conference and can’t beat teams who we are significantly more talented than. What he did at Oregon doesn’t make me overlook/forget about that, 🤷🏾‍♂️.

And overcome what? Overcome him literally making some of the worst decisions that a college football head coach has ever made that have cost his team not once, but twice. Overcome the fact that we are one of the worst teams in the country when it comes to penalties in year 2 when these are “his guys”. That’s a start.

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree. I didn’t say it didn’t matter, I said I don’t care about it. What he did at Oregon doesn’t do anything about him being 11- 10 here and well under .500 in the ACC here and our QB situation looking porous heading into Y3.

And overcome what? Overcome him literally making some of the worst decisions that a college football head coach has ever made that have cost his team not once, but twice. Overcome the fact that we are one of the worst teams in the country when it comes to penalties in year 2 when these are “his guys”. That’s a start.
Progress not perfection. This feels like it's personal for you for some reason and don't say "it is personal!" You know what I mean. We've sucked for 20 years. I had hair last time we were good.

Mario AND Mirabel are on video asking Dawson "how about that knee"? So I'm being told Dawson is manipulated and having his plays changed only when TVD sucks but he is given the decision on whether or not to take a knee? Again it's on video. How crazy does that sound to you?

Htown of course he should have taken a knee. Of course, but you also said his coaching doesn't matter at Oregon? So why bring up the first one there? Confused.

Mario in his second year has EVERY unit playing better or the same (kicking) but QB and frankly whatever TVD is doing aint on Mario. It's full bath salts borderline bleach.

If Mario starts TVD this weekend? Ya thats on him. I'm over the TVD experiment. He may start but that leash better be only a choke collar.

Advertisement
Progress not perfection. This feels like it's personal for you for some reason and don't say "it is personal!" You know what I mean. We've sucked for 20 years. I had hair last time we were good.

Mario AND Mirabel are on video asking Dawson "how about that knee"? So I'm being told Dawson is manipulated and having his plays changed only when TVD sucks but he is given the decision on whether or not to take a knee? Again it's on video. How crazy does that sound to you?

Htown of course he should have taken a knee. Of course, but you also said his coaching doesn't matter at Oregon? So why bring up the first one there? Confused.

Mario in his second year has EVERY unit playing better or the same (kicking) but QB and frankly whatever TVD is doing aint on Mario. It's full bath salts borderline bleach.

If Mario starts TVD this weekend? Ya thats on him. I'm over the TVD experiment. He may start but that leash better be only a choke collar.
Can you share the video of Mario asking Dawson to take a knee?

Advertisement
They may be on Dawson, but clearly he is operating under the constraints of Mario.

The bottom line is the offense changed during the bye week before the TVD meltdown. Is that Dawson or Mario? I say Mario.

To think it's not Mario is:

1. Dawson, on his own, during the bye week, changed his offense to a slow methodical two TE power running offense completely away from his identity as an OC.

2. Mario was hands off allowing Dawson to change the offense during the bye week to something different than what we saw in the previous games.

If both of those things are true, then it's Dawson. However, common sense alone tells us it's Mario based on Mario's identity as a coach and his management style.
Go back and watch it. The offense didn’t change until after the first half against GT when he threw 1 pick and should have had 2-3 more. 1 he hit the defender in the back on a crossing route and the second really bad one was when he threw a ball into 2x 3x zone coverage on George in the back of the end zone at the end of the half. DB dropped it. There were a couple other bad throws in there.

I've been on record saying TVD is severely limiting Dawson's ability to call a game, because you can't call something you haven't consistenly executed in practice. And at this point I'd be shocked to see TVD execute absolutely anything, because the guy does nothing right at this point.

TVD has feasted on the post-wheel-combo for weeks and threw two TDs vs UNC with it. He's thrown a pick on that every time since. And it wasn't that it was covered, he underthrew every single time.

We're forced to play nickel-and-dime football. Nickel-and-dime requires your QB to 1. read defenses pre and post-snap, 2. make quick decisions with the football in the short area of the field and 3. check the football down quickly to a RB or TE if nothing is open.

All 3 points are not being done or being done way too late.

Unless I'm seeing Emory out there on Saturday, I can't make final verdicts on coaches. But Mario is on his last ice with me anyway, so this would just be it.
Dawson is running the same stuff he ran when tvd was playing great lol he isn’t being limited I think he’s just limited and the qb being terrible is making us look like iowa on offense

Cant say u limited and u not even being creative for simple ****..We haven’t ran a draw vs drop 8, we dont put guys in conflict vs drop 8, we dont have a creative way to get brashard the ball, we just dont do enough at all to stress defenses.

Qb obviously can’t make the same throws as he did whether its injury or mental, call some simple creative whit to get a big play..We have seen ocs do it here and every **** Saturday but we keep running the same **** hoping for different results lol

Dawson had all spring to eval Brown, Williams, and TVD. Yet, he didn't push Mario for another portal QB. I just can't buy that it is only Mario's fault.

Here are just a few kids that signed after the spring:
Brady Allen
Payton Thorne
Phil Jurkovec
Chance Nolan
Ben Bryant
Casey Thompson
Braedyn Locke
Jack Plummer
Haynes King
Braden Davis
Tyler Buchner
Tony Muskett
So roll the dice trying to bring in a portal QB to “challenge” TVD, who was flirting with Bama, and run the risk of TVD leaving and no portal QB coming in? Then trotting out Brown or Williams week 1 after you went 5-7 the year before?

Advertisement
Back