Not breaking news, but…

That’s where you’re wrong, friend.

Mario wants a guy who can force to run bro style in 2024 and beyond. That style of football (ball control, defense) just doesn’t win at the highest levels anymore.

Game by game, the offense has gotten slower, more condensed, and less imaginative with the sets and formations. That’s ALL MARIO.

It doesn’t matter who comes in after Dawson.
Ghandi you need to go smoke 💨 some good weed and relax 😌.

Advertisement
I never said he sucks. I would rather give him multiple years.

If Dawson doesn’t have the ability to tell Cristobal to let him run the offense exactly like he wants it (don't know if that's true or not) , he shouldn't be here. Having an OC reluctantly implementing the HCs vision is a recipe for disaster. If Cristobal is really that involved in the offense, he should just hire Arroyo or Moorehead so that at least everyone is on the same page.

Dude literally quit on his team before the season ended, transfered to FSU where he had an average at best season as their 3rd WRs who started in half the games, then transfered to ******* Utah, who are currently passing the ball on 36% of their offensive plays this year! (hey weird choice of team to transfer to, since he was so against a primarily run first offense). and was the like 4th WR, and got a season ending injury in week 2. So, Weird time to bring up that old article from 2 years ago lol.
The point wasn’t about him, it’s about what he said.

i think we are limited by a mentally wounded and possibly physically wounded QB and the OC is limited to what he is calling because of it
I agree in part. Dawson is definitely handicapped by TVD and has to limit his play calling.

I still believe Dawson is limited within the constraints of Mario. We are a slow tempo team. Why?

Even running the ball a ton, we could go uptempo just gashing defenses. I believe the slow methodical time consuming game is what Mario wants. It's like watching B1G football. Maybe he's preparing us for the transition to the B1G. :)

TVD is 1000% a problem, a huge problem. He is unplayable, and shouldn’t be out there. But unfortunately, as bad as he is, he is still probably our best option, which is an even bigger issue and only one person’s fault.

Perception is everything. These recruits and opposing coaches, don’t see or care enough to see the kid is done mentally. They aren’t cutting our HC any slack. All they see is a guy who was once slotted to be a high NFL pick, having another ****** season. You posted on several occasions this off season, and I agreed every time, how big this season was for TVD and our future based on this years QB and offensive performance. Well unless we do a 180 in these next 3 games, which has about a 1% chance of happening, we failed miserably. No one is going to remember those first 4 games against a likely 7-5/6-6 TAMU and 3 schools of the blind that happened what feels like 3 years ago. They will see and remember the bad and use that as more ammo for MCs ****** offensive reputation.

All this talk about us going after some HS QB on the low, lol. Cool, I’m sure we are, but that aint happening. So we will need to sell our soul to land some portal kid and anyone worth a **** will likely have proven, consistent, offensive coaches after him so I’m not optimistic about that either. Why should I?

The toxic side of me is quietly loving all of this Pratt talk that has been revved up lately. People are really, really, really digging deep and putting their eggs in that basket and banking on him being our savior next year and fixing everything. Okay, cool. Let me preface this by saying I hope he comes, because we won’t come anywhere close to getting someone better (even though there will be better options), but if he doesn’t enter/choose us, this board will need to be locked because those kicking the can down the road putting their eggs in that basket will be all out of gas and it would be laughable watching the same people say, “No worries, we got Emory!!”

TLDR version - Our QB situation is an absolute joke and that is one persons fault. I personally have zero hope it gets any better because I have zero optimism in us recruiting QBs, CBs, and DTs. So IMO, we are ****ed. A difference maker at QB is the only thing that can get our HC ahead of the curve and unless we add a DUDE in the portal, we will have one of, if not the worst QB rooms in Power 5 football.
There is no other option but to land a top 3 Portal QB. Who we land at QB in the portal and them being good will be the difference in this team winning 10+ and setting us up for a lot of recruiting success, and us going 7 wins again, and having fringe top 15 classes, delaying the completion of this rebuild by 2 years.

Advertisement
IMG_0951.jpeg

Lance rolled out a simplistic offensive plan, but….

Mario is closer to a bad Geico commercial than a good game day coach…

There is no other option but to land a top 3 Portal QB. Who we land at QB in the portal and them being good will be the difference in this team winning 10+ and setting us up for a lot of recruiting success, and us going 7 wins again, and having fringe top 15 classes, delaying the completion of this rebuild by 2 years.
What do you think are the odds we get that done?

Advertisement
The QB is physically hurt & mentally dead.

I have no idea if Mario is commanding him to run the Offense as it is now, based on what we know about what Mario thinks about Offense it’s easy to make that logical jump but there’s no way of knowing really.

All we can do is take circumstantial evidence & draw whatever conclusion makes the most sense.

Dawson has had 2 bad Offenses in his career as a play caller, 1 year at Kentucky when they had Patrick Towles at QB & the year after Nick Mullens left Southern Miss & they didn’t have a QB. So what can we glean from that? When Dawson doesn’t have a QB that can complete a forward pass, his Offense sucks...

Mario’s first OC hire at Miami was the incomparable Josh Gattis, Broyles Award winner. He’s also had OC’s such as Frank Ponce, Tim Cramsay, Joe Moorehead, Marcus Arroyo etc under him, so what can we glean from that?

🤷🏽‍♂️...

All I know is, the best thing that can happen is for Dawson to leave after the season, that gives people another offseason of excuses to pawn off for year 3 & that’s always the most entertaining part in all of this.
TVD is the only variable that needs to exit from the equation. He TVD not Mario is the OC killer. It’s like many here saw TVD for the first time this year 🤣😂🤣

Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
Well, I hate the changes again, if true, but it’s Mario’s ship right now…so figure it out

Advertisement
What do you think are the odds we get that done?
If Mario is smart he goes absolutely all-in with NIL and keeps Dawson. There can be no excuse of getting out-bid for a portal QB this year. It's by far the most important decision/recruit since Mario has been here.
I've always said Qb is the position I trust Mario least in. I'd say Dawson/Zo pick the guy, and they go 100% all out for him, and don't take no for an answer. Mario and Dawson better sell their *** off to that Qb.

Oh there is definitely another option and it’s us landing a dud portal QB who probably is no better than Emory and us having ****** QB play for the 3rd year in a row.

Thats probably the odds on favorite right now at around -350 or so. The best predictor of future behavior/occurrences are past behavior/occurrences. The day Mario Cristobal lands a stud portal QB in the portal will be the first day he does.

…and yes, I know he hasn’t really gone after many.

Advertisement
Oh there is definitely another option and it’s us landing a dud portal QB who probably is no better than Emory and us having ****** QB play for the 3rd year in a row.

Thats probably the odds on favorite right now at around -350 or so. The best predictor of future behavior/occurrences are past behavior/occurrences. The day Mario Cristobal lands a stud portal QB in the portal will be the first day he does.

…and yes, I know he hasn’t really gone after many.
Who is next year’s Mertz? That’s our guy…

Right, if you’re focusing on him, that’s pertinent.

The point was about the words he said, not him as a player or how his career turned out.
I understand your point, but the fact is this can be simplified to:

"I quit because I don't like playing for a team that runs more than they pass"

(ok solid point, WRs want to play for teams that pass the ball)

"Instead I'll Transfer to a team that runs WAY more than they pass!"

(Ok, now any bull**** you said has literally zero value and is purely just excuse making after the fact)

Advertisement
Back