Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
Oof. But serious question. Wtf is going on presently in your opinion? Is he running a different scheme dictated my Mario?
The QB is physically hurt & mentally dead.

I have no idea if Mario is commanding him to run the Offense as it is now, based on what we know about what Mario thinks about Offense it’s easy to make that logical jump but there’s no way of knowing really.

All we can do is take circumstantial evidence & draw whatever conclusion makes the most sense.

Dawson has had 2 bad Offenses in his career as a play caller, 1 year at Kentucky when they had Patrick Towles at QB & the year after Nick Mullens left Southern Miss & they didn’t have a QB. So what can we glean from that? When Dawson doesn’t have a QB that can complete a forward pass, his Offense sucks...

Mario’s first OC hire at Miami was the incomparable Josh Gattis, Broyles Award winner. He’s also had OC’s such as Frank Ponce, Tim Cramsay, Joe Moorehead, Marcus Arroyo etc under him, so what can we glean from that?

🤷🏽‍♂️...

All I know is, the best thing that can happen is for Dawson to leave after the season, that gives people another offseason of excuses to pawn off for year 3 & that’s always the most entertaining part in all of this.

Can we agree that the offense against GT looked entirely different? Even the run blocking was different?

Now, if you agree it changed, then do you think during the bye week that Dawson decided to change his offense to something he has not run in his career as an OC.

What we're seeing is not Dawson's offense. It's not his identity.

Dawson had to give Mario concessions to that he wouldn't just "air raid" the football in order to get the job. This is Mario putting his loafers on Dawson's neck.

So after we put up 41 points in the cold rain of Philthadelphiathe in game prior, you believe Cristobal then put the clamps on Dawson, altered the blocking schemes, scraped the current playbook and gave Dawson a new playbook with a list of his own plays to run instead???

im not buying it. i think we had an injured QB playing and the OC knowing he was limited, changed up the play calling, that and GT basically played their hearts out, had a good defensive scheme and frankly got some bs calls on top of it and we commited 5 turnovers (3 by tvd)

I think the problem is a wounded QB both mentally and physically to some point thats not being disclosed

Last edited:

I have no idea if Mario is commanding him to run the Offense as it is now, based on what we know about what Mario thinks about Offense it’s easy to make that logical jump but there’s no way of knowing really.

All we can do is take circumstantial evidence & draw whatever conclusion makes the most sense.

Dawson has had 2 bad Offenses in his career as a play caller, 1 year at Kentucky when they had Patrick Towles at QB & the year after Nick Mullens left Southern Miss & they didn’t have a QB. So what can we glean from that? When Dawson doesn’t have a QB that can complete a forward pass, his Offense sucks...

Mario’s first OC hire at Miami was the incomparable Josh Gattis, Broyles Award winner. He’s also had OC’s such as Frank Ponce, Tim Cramsay, Joe Moorehead, Marcus Arroyo etc under him, so what can we glean from that?

🤷🏽‍♂️...

All I know is, the best thing that can happen is for Dawson to leave after the season, that gives people another offseason of excuses to pawn off for year 3 & that’s always the most entertaining part in all of this.

Or the best that can happen is Dawson getting many good QBs and year 3 looks different on offense. You know the offseason is always entertaining

Advertisement
Are they allowing CIS posters to play this week or something?
Im Ready Jim Carrey GIF

I will say this, if any of this is true, my opinion of Cristobal will drastically decline and i will revise alot of what i think. We heard about mixing in tempo in the offseason and up till now, we have seen zero. Another thing that has me thinking some of this may be true...Cam McCormick playing in the passing game whenhe sucks ***. Welp. I doubt thats all Dawson but ima wait and see what shakes out after the season.

Advertisement
So after we put up 41 points in the cold rain of Philthadelphiathe in game prior, you believe Cristobal then put the clamps on Dawson, altered the blocking schemes, scraped the current playbook and gave Dawson a new playbook with a list of his plays to run instead???

I realize that Dawson and Mario are both handicapped by TVD, but do you think what we see currently is what Dawson wants to be running or what Mario wants him to run?

Maybe Dan Enos should get a call. I didn't like him except assist FSU. I mean, I wonder what the offense would look like when Mario and the OC are on the same page. If we're stuck with Mario that is (I don't think we are).

This may be a strange take but after not reading 23 pages I bet this hasn't been suggested.

I dont doubt that Mario has said lets lean on the run game more, lean on our D, and give TVD less risky pass concepts. Seems reasonable in general with TVD struggling and something Mario would do although i know most of us just want to air it out kiffin style.

But you want me to believe that Mario went to Dawson and said you cannot do any of the following:
- no tempo (even when successful moving the ball)
- no deep shots
- no TE over the middle
- little to no RPO
- little to no mesh / crossing concepts
- no RB screens
- no use of B Smith, Ray Ray (injured last week im aware), CJ, Harrell (deep ball), Robbie, or any speedy player
- no run plays except right up the middle
- no reverses, tosses, double reverses, wildcat, or any run variation
- little to no motion
- no trick plays

You all seriously believe Mario put those handcuffs on Dawson? And then Dawson agreed to do it? While Zo sat there and nodded his head in agreement with zero say or disagreement?

Calling BS on that. TVD is 50%+ of the problem with his mental breakdown but Dawson is certainly not doing him favors either and big part of problem as well.

Advertisement
I realize that Dawson and Mario are both handicapped by TVD, but do you think what we see currently is what Dawson wants to be running or what Mario wants him to run?
i think we are limited by a mentally wounded and possibly physically wounded QB and the OC is limited to what he is calling because of it

I dont doubt that Mario has said lets lean on the run game more, lean on our D, and give TVD less risky pass concepts. Seems reasonable in general with TVD struggling and something Mario would do although i know most of us just want to air it out kiffin style.

But you want me to believe that Mario went to Dawson and said you cannot do any of the following:
- no tempo (even when successful moving the ball)
- no deep shots
- no TE over the middle
- little to no RPO
- little to no mesh / crossing concepts
- no RB screens
- no use of B Smith, Ray Ray (injured last week im aware), CJ, Harrell (deep ball), Robbie, or any speedy player
- no run plays except right up the middle
- no reverses, tosses, double reverses, wildcat, or any run variation
- little to no motion
- no trick plays

You all seriously believe Mario put those handcuffs on Dawson? And then Dawson agreed to do it? While Zo sat there and nodded his head in agreement with zero say or disagreement?

Calling BS on that. TVD is 50%+ of the problem with his mental breakdown but Dawson is certainly not doing him favors either and big part of problem as well.
More likely Mario laid out a vision for what he wants the offense to look like. Mario, a former offensive coordinator involves himself heavily in the offense. Dawsons job is to do what he's told.

Advertisement
Mario second for not finding a capable backup

Friendo, why doesnt Williams count as a "capable backup"? Cristobal has one but he chooses not to play him. Maybe he isn't anything better than a game manager, but if we'd had a game manager who just mostly just handed the ball off and every once in a while got a play action pass call to keep the D honest, we're probably 7-1 right now.

Dude literally quit on his team before the season ended, transfered to FSU where he had an average at best season as their 3rd WRs who started in half the games, then transfered to ******* Utah, who are currently passing the ball on 36% of their offensive plays this year! (hey weird choice of team to transfer to, since he was so against a primarily run first offense). and was the like 4th WR, and got a season ending injury in week 2. So, Weird time to bring up that old article from 2 years ago lol.

🤷🏽‍♂️...

Sounds like a mentally alive QB would have helped during acc play.

Truthfully thank you for the response my brother.

Advertisement
Back