Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
To make sure the narrative post departure isn’t set by the admin.
By that do you mean DMoney? Even IF the admin tried to set the narrative of it being 100% Dawson, the performance yoyoy shows otherwise. While we have some dumb fans, people aren’t blind

So explain to me what you think happened here. That after Miami went 4-0 and had an offense in the top 10 and that paired with this defense could win the conference and a trip to the CFP that Mario called up Dawson and said, “Hey man, I don’t like the offense. It’s too modern for my taste and not physical enough so you have to change it”. Is that what you think happened?

Doesn't have to be that dramatic. Small subtle directions could be how we ended up looking scary similar looking to last years offense.

Advertisement
Dabo recruits elite DL and qbs and is a wr coach by trade and specifically hit on a ton of elite wrs.

DABO is a tier or 2 above MC as a coach/ program builder.
Clemson won 2 nattys with less O lineman drafted than Miami in that span. Don’t get me wrong you have to have a good line to be successful, but having an “elite” O line is overrated. There’s 110 coaches who scheme around not having great O lines every year.

You win big with elite QB’s and D lines. Elite WR’s are the cherry on top.

Advertisement
I just rewatched the condensed Oregon OSU 2021 game. They sure as heck ran a ton of 10 personnel spread wide with a lead. Heck, if anything they started with lots of 1&2 TE sets and opened it up more as the game went on. The idea that Mario only wants two te sets and pound the ball just doesn’t seem right after watching that game.

What I liked- TE seam, RB didn’t always chip block and release(sometimes they would quick release wide open)

More like...
At SFA:
- Jeremy Moses; 3,708yds 36TD’s & 16INT’s
- Brady Attaway; 3,181yds 27TD’s & 7INT’s

At West VA:
- Geno Smith; 4,205yds 42TD’s & 6INT’s
- Clint Trickett; 3,285yds 18TD’s & 10INT’s

At Southern Miss:
- Nick Mullens; 3,272yds 24TD’s & 11INT’s

At Houston:
- Clayton Tune; 3,544yds 30TD’s & 10INT’s
- Clayton Tune; 4,074yds 40TD’s & 10IN’s

But yeah, he “suCks bRo!”...
Oof. But serious question. Wtf is going on presently in your opinion? Is he running a different scheme dictated my Mario?

Advertisement
Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
If mirabel is meddling it’s because we running vanilla run scheme nothing creative and mirabel was the one who actually understood to take a knee against Georgia tech

1. That’s not what is being portrayed and
2. That’s still completely asinine. Mario would literally have to say, “I don’t want a CFP level offense”. **** man

It's not that asinine when you consider the ego and stubbornness even convictions of some of these coaching personalities. I'm willing to bet it isn't even a conscious decision on his part...just his nature pushing him to what he thinks it's right
It was asinine for Golden to stick with dnofrio and wefense, but he did.
I'm not someone who has been critical of Mario, but man, it obvious that we are reverting to what we ran last year. IMO

Advertisement
I just rewatched the condensed Oregon OSU 2021 game. They sure as heck ran a ton of 10 personnel spread wide with a lead. Heck, if anything they started with lots of 1&2 TE sets and opened it up more as the game went on. The idea that Mario only wants two te sets and pound the ball just doesn’t seem right after watching that game.

What I liked- TE seam, RB didn’t always chip block and release(sometimes they would quick release wide open)
That year mario had stacked talent you should go watch 2018 and 2019 when arroyo was offensive coordinator we running a similar offense to that no creativity you could guess the play it put up some numbers but nothing impressive. In 2021 joe moorhead was the oc

Advertisement
Back