Not breaking news, but…

They may be on Dawson, but clearly he is operating under the constraints of Mario.
How many of the people on here taking up the Dawson is innocent cause we’re the same ones who said Dawson never did **** as an OC when his hiring was announced? I’m guessing a pretty substantial %.
The bottom line is the offense changed during the bye week before the TVD meltdown. Is that Dawson or Mario? I say Mario.

To think it's not Mario is:

1. Dawson, on his own, during the bye week, changed his offense to a slow methodical two TE power running offense completely away from his identity as an OC.

2. Mario was hands off allowing Dawson to change the offense during the bye week to something different than what we saw in the previous games.

If both of those things are true, then it's Dawson. However, common sense alone tells us it's Mario based on Mario's identity as a coach and his management style.

Advertisement
The only way we'll be get out from under Mario is if he commits Seppuku.

Who is going to want to work for this guy if this ends up being true?

****, I don't think he was thorough or just extremely slow in his hires, I just don't believe anyone wants to work for him. People aren't dumb and the writing is on the wall.

Get Mario the **** outta my face lmao I'd 100% take Manny back at this point lol
Bollywood Superwoman GIF
.... 🤣 🤣 🤣

TVD is 1000% a problem, a huge problem. He is unplayable, and shouldn’t be out there. But unfortunately, as bad as he is, he is still probably our best option, which is an even bigger issue and only one person’s fault.

Perception is everything. These recruits and opposing coaches, don’t see or care enough to see the kid is done mentally. They aren’t cutting our HC any slack. All they see is a guy who was once slotted to be a high NFL pick, having another ****** season. You posted on several occasions this off season, and I agreed every time, how big this season was for TVD and our future based on this years QB and offensive performance. Well unless we do a 180 in these next 3 games, which has about a 1% chance of happening, we failed miserably. No one is going to remember those first 4 games against a likely 7-5/6-6 TAMU and 3 schools of the blind that happened what feels like 3 years ago. They will see and remember the bad and use that as more ammo for MCs ****** offensive reputation.

All this talk about us going after some HS QB on the low, lol. Cool, I’m sure we are, but that aint happening. So we will need to sell our soul to land some portal kid and anyone worth a **** will likely have proven, consistent, offensive coaches after him so I’m not optimistic about that either. Why should I?

The toxic side of me is quietly loving all of this Pratt talk that has been revved up lately. People are really, really, really digging deep and putting their eggs in that basket and banking on him being our savior next year and fixing everything. Okay, cool. Let me preface this by saying I hope he comes, because we won’t come anywhere close to getting someone better (even though there will be better options), but if he doesn’t enter/choose us, this board will need to be locked because those kicking the can down the road putting their eggs in that basket will be all out of gas and it would be laughable watching the same people say, “No worries, we got Emory!!”

TLDR version - Our QB situation is an absolute joke and that is one persons fault. I personally have zero hope it gets any better because I have zero optimism in us recruiting QBs, CBs, and DTs. So IMO, we are ****ed. A difference maker at QB is the only thing that can get our HC ahead of the curve and unless we add a DUDE in the portal, we will have one of, if not the worst QB rooms in Power 5 football.
Wait until Pat Surtain starts taking all of the DB recruits we are after (he’s already doing that) and DT & WR recruits (2025) continue to go elsewhere.

Advertisement
All this talk about us going after some HS QB on the low, lol. Cool, I’m sure we are, but that aint happening. So we will need to sell our soul to land some portal kid and anyone worth a **** will likely have proven, consistent, offensive coaches after him so I’m not optimistic about that either. Why should I?
If by some miracle of the gods we are talking to some half decent QB, it's probably quiet cause they dont want the **** coming with be publicly associated to this ****. #SideChickU :cry:😂

Corchobal's reputation proceeds him. There is no escaping it, even if this rumor is false, people are willing to intertain the possibility it could be true. He is damaged goods and there is no repairing it. Makes you wonder who started the rumor and this week of all weeks. But this is what happens when a couple of dudes on the BOT hire the head coach, you have no control.

Advertisement
See my thing with that take is.

If Mario is a locker room meat head and has taken two teams (building one from literally nothing) to conference titles games whose doing this?

Hes done more than Lane Kiffen on paper. Let that one sink in and 57% of the board wakes up and prays to Lord Kiffen.

What occurred at FIU back then over 10 years ago isn’t really relevant now, times have changed.

What he did at Oregon, with a top 10 NFL pick at QB, doesn’t really mean anything for us currently. Hence my last post I made before this one. He needs a real dude at QB to overcome pretty much everything else. Right now we don’t have anything close and no optimism to believe we will ever get one here because his offensive reputation has only gotten worse here. All I know and care about is what is taking place at University of Miami right now. Maybe in year 3, more of the. CULCHA will be established and we can start consistently beating teams like GT, NCST etc though.

🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
TVD is 1000% a problem, a huge problem. He is unplayable, and shouldn’t be out there. But unfortunately, as bad as he is, he is still probably our best option, which is an even bigger issue and only one person’s fault.

Perception is everything. These recruits and opposing coaches, don’t see or care enough to see the kid is done mentally. They aren’t cutting our HC any slack. All they see is a guy who was once slotted to be a high NFL pick, having another ****** season. You posted on several occasions this off season, and I agreed every time, how big this season was for TVD and our future based on this years QB and offensive performance. Well unless we do a 180 in these next 3 games, which has about a 1% chance of happening, we failed miserably. No one is going to remember those first 4 games against a likely 7-5/6-6 TAMU and 3 schools of the blind that happened what feels like 3 years ago. They will see and remember the bad and use that as more ammo for MCs ****** offensive reputation.

The toxic side of me is quietly loving all of this Pratt talk that has been revved up lately. People are really, really, really digging deep and putting their eggs in that basket and banking on him being our savior next year and fixing everything. Okay, cool. Let me preface this by saying I hope he comes, because we won’t come anywhere close to getting someone better (even though there will be better options), but if he doesn’t enter/choose us, this board will need to be locked because those kicking the can down the road putting their eggs in that basket will be all out of gas and it would be laughable watching the same people say, “No worries, we got Emory!!”

TLDR version - Our QB situation is an absolute joke and that is one persons fault. I personally have zero hope it gets any better because I have zero optimism in us recruiting QBs, CBs, and DTs. So IMO, we are ****ed. A difference maker at QB is the only thing that can get our HC ahead of the curve and unless we add a DUDE in the portal, we will have one of, if not the worst QB rooms in Power 5 football.

Can't disagree with a word and I could talk ball with you and the very few people like you here all day long.

Dawson had all spring to eval Brown, Williams, and TVD. Yet, he didn't push Mario for another portal QB. I just can't buy that it is only Mario's fault.

Here are just a few kids that signed after the spring:
Brady Allen
Payton Thorne
Phil Jurkovec
Chance Nolan
Ben Bryant
Casey Thompson
Braedyn Locke
Jack Plummer
Haynes King
Braden Davis
Tyler Buchner
Tony Muskett

Advertisement
Imagine having not one, not two but THREE OLINE coaches on the staff. Just out here controlling the LOS, being physically dominating with the Power I offense like god intended.
Plus big brother Bain & Cody Woodiel...

Mario is considering whether he should leave Dawson in Tallahassee to get this done before the off-season.

Dawson had all spring to eval Brown, Williams, and TVD. Yet, he didn't push Mario for another portal QB. I just can't buy that it is only Mario's fault.

No point in getting into semantics, but how do you know that? Only thing that we DO KNOW, is that one wasn’t brought in. Whether that was because we tried and couldn’t, or didn’t try, is really irrelevant. It is still one person’s responsibility at the end of the day and that’s the guy who is getting $80M.

It is very clear you hate Mario and TVD. I question how much of a fan you really are because the offseason is 4 games away and you seem to think this type of thread is going to help create change.

So I’m not a “fan” now? Ok.

If the board feels like this is a toxic post they can kill it.

I don’t give a **** either way.

One thing though, to imply that this would somehow hurt the program more than the on-field performance or corching blunders is sad and beyond laughable.

Advertisement
Back