Not breaking news, but…

@htownkidd - the solution is numbers at QB, CB, DT. If we don't have 4 or more QBs next year, Mario is 100% to blame. If we don't have enough DTs and near elite CBs, Mario is to blame.

Advertisement
This is one of the issues with having a free message board. You let outsiders come in pretending to be fans create negativity around the program.
This is now 95% of CIS. If you haven't noticed, the majority of the good posters don't waste their time with these losers

So I’m not a “fan” now? Ok.

If the board feels like this is a toxic post they can kill it.

I don’t give a **** either way.

One thing though, to imply that this would somehow hurt the program more than the on-field performance or corching blunders is sad and beyond laughable.
I never said this would hurt the program. I said, "you seem to think this type of thread is going to help create change."

I 100% agree, the performance speaks for itself.

TVD is 1000% a problem, a huge problem. He is unplayable, and shouldn’t be out there. But unfortunately, as bad as he is, he is still probably our best option, which is an even bigger issue and only one person’s fault.

Perception is everything. These recruits and opposing coaches, don’t see or care enough to see the kid is done mentally. They aren’t cutting our HC any slack. All they see is a guy who was once slotted to be a high NFL pick, having another ****** season. You posted on several occasions this off season, and I agreed every time, how big this season was for TVD and our future based on this years QB and offensive performance. Well unless we do a 180 in these next 3 games, which has about a 1% chance of happening, we failed miserably. No one is going to remember those first 4 games against a likely 7-5/6-6 TAMU and 3 schools of the blind that happened what feels like 3 years ago. They will see and remember the bad and use that as more ammo for MCs ****** offensive reputation.

All this talk about us going after some HS QB on the low, lol. Cool, I’m sure we are, but that aint happening. So we will need to sell our soul to land some portal kid and anyone worth a **** will likely have proven, consistent, offensive coaches after him so I’m not optimistic about that either. Why should I?

The toxic side of me is quietly loving all of this Pratt talk that has been revved up lately. People are really, really, really digging deep and putting their eggs in that basket and banking on him being our savior next year and fixing everything. Okay, cool. Let me preface this by saying I hope he comes, because we won’t come anywhere close to getting someone better (even though there will be better options), but if he doesn’t enter/choose us, this board will need to be locked because those kicking the can down the road putting their eggs in that basket will be all out of gas and it would be laughable watching the same people say, “No worries, we got Emory!!”

TLDR version - Our QB situation is an absolute joke and that is one persons fault. I personally have zero hope it gets any better because I have zero optimism in us recruiting QBs, CBs, and DTs. So IMO, we are ****ed. A difference maker at QB is the only thing that can get our HC ahead of the curve and unless we add a DUDE in the portal, we will have one of, if not the worst QB rooms in Power 5 football.
This post right here is a post of the year candidate IMO. It says everything I’ve been thinking over the past few weeks. It’s not being a mope, it’s called being realistic.

**** of a post homie

Advertisement
Frank Ponce
James Coley
Joe Moorehead
Mike Bobo
Brian Ferentz
Dan Enos
Josh Gattis
Tim Horton
Drew Thatcher
Marcus Arroyo
Brad Glenn
Collin Klein
Grant Chestnut
Mario looking at this list

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

So next year is where the line is drawn for numbers? Got it. Interesting, but got it.

QB is the only position we have grossly underperformed at this year.
CB- porter, davis, brown, brown, couch have performed good enough for us to win 8 of 9.
DT- similar to CB.

Each year is its own roster and projecting forward, the line should be drawn for those three positions based on who is committed and who is assumed to be returning. Looking back at the spring, I'm sure they are kicking themselves over not taking another portal QB. I'd add another DE in the portal if I knew Kelly and Mesidor would both go down.

Advertisement
So I’m not a “fan” now? Ok.

If the board feels like this is a toxic post they can kill it.

I don’t give a **** either way.

One thing though, to imply that this would somehow hurt the program more than the on-field performance or corching blunders is sad and beyond laughable.
Hey, Ghandi!

**** you for not taking that knee, not recruiting DTs, CBs or QBs and a big ******* **** YOU for all of those picks you have been throwing these last 4 weeks.

Garabage. Just garbage!

Man you mean to tell me that the air raid don’t have plays where there are 10
People blocking between the hashes. Man that was a Hal mumme stable at Kentucky.

Advertisement
3 turnovers a game is reason for losses. Buddy has all day to throw, unlike last year. There's players running open and big plays missed or resulting in TO. These aren't tipped balls either bc they're not close to on target. Where's Nevin Shapiro to take TVD to Eleven and restore his confidence? With the line we're better just running the ball and then QB delays with jacurri and giving defense a chance. They're playing great but not great enough to overcome 3 TO a game.

Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
I fuggen called it! I knew that dipshyt had been meddling and changing the offense. *******!

Our offense looks nothing these last 4 weeks like it did the first 4 weeks, and TVD once again went from looking great to awful.

FLY THE FUGGEN BANNERS!!!

Advertisement
Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
It’s not unusual that all of the village idiots and slurpers came out to defend Wario on this thread and negged you. They will never learn, brother.

Last edited:
More like...
At SFA:
- Jeremy Moses; 3,708yds 36TD’s & 16INT’s
- Brady Attaway; 3,181yds 27TD’s & 7INT’s

At West VA:
- Geno Smith; 4,205yds 42TD’s & 6INT’s
- Clint Trickett; 3,285yds 18TD’s & 10INT’s

At Southern Miss:
- Nick Mullens; 3,272yds 24TD’s & 11INT’s

At Houston:
- Clayton Tune; 3,544yds 30TD’s & 10INT’s
- Clayton Tune; 4,074yds 40TD’s & 10IN’s

But yeah, he “suCks bRo!”...
So explain to me what you think happened here. That after Miami went 4-0 and had an offense in the top 10 and that paired with this defense could win the conference and a trip to the CFP that Mario called up Dawson and said, “Hey man, I don’t like the offense. It’s too modern for my taste and not physical enough so you have to change it”. Is that what you think happened?

This is the part that is speculative. But what we do know is that something happened during the bye week that prompted this offense to completely sputter.

I can't imagine that Mario stepped and said "Dawson, you had a great run, let me take over."

""Dawson, you had a great run, let me take over."

Doesn't have to be that dramatic. Could just be small subtle suggestions over time.
Ego is a hellll of a thing.

Advertisement
Back