Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
Happy Well Done GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

There's a lot of things that I just can't understand about this crap. How can a head coach in college football, look at teams putting 45 points up every single week, and not say, "****, I want that. It's fast. It's exciting. These South Florida divas would love that style of offense. Man an offense that has Air Noland, JJ, JoJo, Chance, and Riley would be CFP worthy. And my defense is finally at the level of being very good. My o-line is approaching elite status".

If this is true about Mario, he shouldn't be a leader at anything. Miami going into the bye week was a talking point of college football. We had a top 10 offense and defense. The best PK in the country. And then during the bye week, Mario said, "Nah, I don't want a CFP trip. I really don't care about playing for a national title".

Each week, I go to ODU campus and I engage with students and their worldviews: muslims, mormons, JWs, atheists, agnostics, Christian Science (nothing Christian at all about it), different Christian denominations, Wiccans, you name it. Most of those conversations are just plain idiotic. For instance, I met a dad a few weeks ago, who is in a master's program at ODU in their philosophy department. In his worldview, he cannot claim for certain that he loves his son. And I told him, that's why you don't have custody. Anyway, Mario has to be dumber than THAT guy if he told Dawson, "Yeah, this offense isn't what I want".

I just can't imagine him doing that. But then again, I can't imagine someone not taking a knee when taking a knee guarantees you victory at something that it's hard to get victories at. Anyway, feel free to respond. Rip my post apart.
If Orapax in Ghent is still there, it’s an old school Greek joint that’s been there for years.

Advertisement
Agreed. Whose fault do you think that is? Do you honestly believe that the Head Coach watched Brashard Smiff take a ball 80 yards against Clemson and then told the Offensive Coordinator, "Make sure you don't use that guy ever again?" Or is it more likely that the OC didn't involve him in his gameplan and the HC didn't step in and say, "What the ****? Why isn't 0 getting the ball?"

It's been painfully obvious that the way teams have defended us the past few weeks is by dropping 8 into coverage on passing downs and running a zone, largely ignoring the MOF, and sinking under our outside receivers, effectively taking away their ability to go vertical or run shorter breaking routes. A rather easy solution to that would be to steal yards on delayed routes in the middle of the field, with either drag screens, draws, **** even a QB draw can get you 6 yards in your sleep, and we have ran all of these plays exactly 0.0 times. Do you believe the OC put these plays into the gameplan, and the HC told him to not run those plays, but continue to do the very thing that we've been struggling with?

We gotta use our heads here. ALL the coaches deserve blame, Mario included. But we have a quarterback who is OBLITERATED mentally. He can't throw the football accurately, and he is parlaying the insane amount of time he has to throw with no pressure into absolutely tattooing defensive backs with footballs. He's absolutely awful right now. So in response.....we've done....ZERO creatively to help him. No wildcat. No double pass to steal a cheap TD, no trick plays of any kind, no unique formations or unique personnel packages. Nothing at all. That's the offensive coordinator's job. And it's the HC's job to demand it. But we're not running "bro style" like everyone wants to just piggyback on around here because it's a fun buzz word.

We came out last week, with a QB who absolutely sucked *** the week before, and threw the ball 17 times to 11 runs before TVD threw his latest joke of a pick into the endzone AGAIN to rob the team of points. Again. Does that sound like "bro style" to you? Does that sound like a caveman defecating on Dawson's desk to "RuN tHE fooTBaLl!!!" ?? No. We had a POSITIVE pass rate over expectation before the QB **** the bed, AGAIN, and we got a little more conservative after that. Who wouldn't? This kid refuses to stop giving the ball to the other team? And it has nothing to do with Mario or Dawson. What does is there has been no creativity to help him, and we're not giving our best players enough chances with the ball. I cannot, for the life of me, make myself understand how it could POSSIBLY be that the offensive coordinator wants to give the ball to Smiff, for example, and the HC is ****ting on the idea. That's just unfathomable. So ALL these dudes share blame. But to say Dawson is some mad scientist and neanderthal Mario is "medding" in his outside the box creativity is ******* moronic. The whole offensive staff isn't helping matters right now, but MUCH more importantly, we are trotting out a literal turnover machine to play quarterback. This dude has more time to throw the ball than he does in 7-on-7 and he's flat out peppering defensive backs with footballs. These aren't one on one shots down the field where DBs are making miraculous plays. This is throwing directly into a clearly identified coverage as if you had a lobotomy. Over and over. And when the OC does call a good play (the stutter and go inside slot wheel to X against UVA), the kid underthrows the ball by 10 yards. Or by 5-6 yards in the endzone against NC State.

He's unplayable right now. Dawson isn't helping. Mario isn't demanding he help. But coming on this board and starting this toxic *** thread knowing **** well where it'd lead is ******* gross. The kids on the field are doing enough to damage the program. They don't need any help from us.
To be clear here for the CIS record, you griped about us Maude’s not allowing unreleased player injury information to be posted on the message board about TVD before a game but now you’re griping that we allow @Ghandi to post that Dawson’s unhappy and that it’s Mario, not Dawson, who’s at fault for what’s become of the offense… and all the opinions of posters that comes with that resulting in this thread is a problem.

Ramble and ramble and wordsmith and wordsmith on, some of you guys are just a bunch of UM and/or Mario shills.

People savaged “Lispy” Manny and “Fat Al” Golden on here for years and that was fine but now it’s not fine with MariBro?

No gracias. This is a message board where fans give opinions. We’re not shutting people down on opinions or someone posting that the ****show is more on the HC than the OC. We’re going to treat all coRches the same here. If they suck they suck. I don’t care if they went to Columbus and UM or Miami Country Day and FSU or Red Bank Catholic and Penn State.

You guys can go elsewhere at anytime if this forum isn’t for you.

K thx.

The QB is physically hurt & mentally dead.

I have no idea if Mario is commanding him to run the Offense as it is now, based on what we know about what Mario thinks about Offense it’s easy to make that logical jump but there’s no way of knowing really.

All we can do is take circumstantial evidence & draw whatever conclusion makes the most sense.

Dawson has had 2 bad Offenses in his career as a play caller, 1 year at Kentucky when they had Patrick Towles at QB & the year after Nick Mullens left Southern Miss & they didn’t have a QB. So what can we glean from that? When Dawson doesn’t have a QB that can complete a forward pass, his Offense sucks...

Mario’s first OC hire at Miami was the incomparable Josh Gattis, Broyles Award winner. He’s also had OC’s such as Frank Ponce, Tim Cramsay, Joe Moorehead, Marcus Arroyo etc under him, so what can we glean from that?

🤷🏽‍♂️...

All I know is, the best thing that can happen is for Dawson to leave after the season, that gives people another offseason of excuses to pawn off for year 3 & that’s always the most entertaining part in all of this.
Dawson has really been a play caller
Lane in his only year at Tenn improved wins (by 2) from the previous year. Went to USC and was faced with crippling sanctions (equal to or second to Miami’s) and still pulled in the #3, #3, and #8 recruiting classes. Only team in history where the NCAA allowed jr and seniors to transfer without penalty. At the end of his tenure at USC they had less than 50 scholarship players (barely enough for a 2 deep). Went to Bama rehab and after won 2 conference titles in 3 years at FAU. First year at Ole Miss was during COVID and didn’t have a spring but yet with 2 less game still improved their record from the previous year. Went 10-3 the next year and is now on the verge for another 10 win season. Ole Miss has only had 3 ten win seasons in their history. If he gets 10 this year he will own half of those seasons. Again context matters.
For all the great offenses lane has had as a head coach his team have made it to the college football playoffs or been in the discussion

This board loves to bring up Lane as if he was the answer over Mario.

Maybe, maybe not but I am going to keep posting this alarming stat:

Lane Kiffin is 1-19 in his HC career vs P5 teams finishing with 9 or more wins (aka actual good teams).

Imagine if Mario had that stat.

Excellent offensive mind but being able to score and not beat quality teams doesn't move the needle either.

Bonus point- Lincoln Riley, another offensive guru, has three losses with a Heisman winner and likely #1 overall pick, likely a 4th coming this weekend and a possible 5th against UCLA.

But Mario did less with more when he went 12-2 including a rose bowl win with Herbert according to the pitch fork crowd.

Fascinating.
I'm not saying Lane is the answer, but losing to a 9 win team is still better than losing to 2 teams who'll be lucky to be 8 win teams.

To be clear here for the CIS record, you griped about us Maude’s not allowing unreleased player injury information to be posted on the message board about TVD before a game but now you’re griping that we allow @Ghandi to post that Dawson’s unhappy and that it’s Mario, not Dawson, who’s at fault for what’s become of the offense… and all the opinions of posters that comes with that resulting in this thread is a problem.

Ramble and ramble and wordsmith and wordsmith on, some of you guys are just a bunch of UM and/or Mario shills.

People savaged “Lispy” Manny and “Fat Al” Golden on here for years and that was fine but now it’s not fine with MariBro?

No gracias. This is a message board where fans give opinions. We’re not shutting people down on opinions or someone posting that the ****show is more on the HC than the OC. We’re going to treat all coRches the same here. If they suck they suck. I don’t care if they went to Columbus and UM or Miami Country Day and FSU or Red Bank Catholic and Penn State.

K thx.
Quite frankly, I’m surprised this thread has been allowed to remain active. We’ve seen many times in the past when a thread with content that could be construed as detrimental or derogatory to the school or the football program in general get nuked pronto.

As with any “inside” source, the content should be taken with a grain of salt. The vast majority of these inside takes are at best 2nd hand knowledge and in this case, admittedly with bias.

Advertisement
The offense did not change after the bye week. They were doing the same things against GT and UNC that they had done all year. The run game wasn't as dominant but it looked bad against the only p5 team we had played to that point so it wasn't a total shock that we couldn't run all over conference opponents. It was the turnovers that killed the offense in those games. It wasn't until the UVA game and especially the NC State game that the offense looked drastically different. They played it uber safe against Clemson and got out with a win and they kept that game plan going into the next two games. I get it that they can't trust the quarterback but they either need to make a switch or just say "**** it" because you're not going to win games against good teams being hyper conservative on offense and playing scared.

Quite frankly, I’m surprised this thread has been allowed to remain active. We’ve seen many times in the past when a thread with content that could be construed as detrimental or derogatory to the school or the football program in general get nuked pronto.

As with any “inside” source, the content should be taken with a grain of salt. The vast majority of these inside takes are at best 2nd hand knowledge and in this case, admittedly with bias.
We don’t publish factual injuries before release.

We don’t publish factual recruiting information before its time.

We don’t shut down a legit poster who heard a coach is unhappy.

We don’t shut down a legit poster who says the woes on offense are the HC’s doing not the OC’s doing.

We don’t shut opinions down because they criticize or blame the coRch who you’ve been quite defensive of on here.

Y’all don’t like it go elsewhere. People had no problem ****ting on every coach for the past 20 years but now we see some of those same people crying about the fans treatment of Mario.

Tough ****. Don’t be a coRch and maybe they’ll be less miserable to you.

I'm not saying Lane is the answer, but losing to a 9 win team is still better than losing to 2 teams who'll be lucky to be 8 win teams.
I'm not posting to blindly defend Mario either.

Is losing to a few bad teams here or there worse than never beating any good teams?

Mario has 3 wins over 10 win P5 in less seasons.

Lane has one in more seasons.

Doesn't Mario have the higher ceiling to date?

I'm not posting to blindly defend Mario either.

Is losing to a few bad teams here or there worse than never beating any good teams?

Mario has 3 wins over 10 win P5 in less seasons.

Lane has one in more seasons.

Doesn't Mario have the higher ceiling to date?
Real question - If you had your choice of a head coach here right now, knowing what you know at this moment, would you choose Lane or Mario, if those were the two choices?

Advertisement
Real question - If you had your choice of a head coach here right now, knowing what you know at this moment, would you choose Lane or Mario, if those were the two choices?
theyre gonna choose Mario bc hes Miamis son even knowing hes worse than Manny Diaz as a Miami HC by record to date (which btw, W/L is the only thing that matters. the rest is BS. if you can't win, you fail as a coach).

K thx.

Where did I ever say his post shouldn’t be allowed? I said it’s trash. I never asked for another middle aged man who moderates an internet message board to remove it. Get your facts straight. The rest of what you said is correct and I agree with it.

Sounds more like gossip then factual info. Anyone can find a "source" that will confirm their opinions. The only thing that has changed on offense is our QB's inability to execute the offense. Opponents have figured out our QB can't read defenses. It's quite simple, not some grand conspiracy. Most of the rest of the team has improved greatly.

Advertisement
More like...
At SFA:
- Jeremy Moses; 3,708yds 36TD’s & 16INT’s
- Brady Attaway; 3,181yds 27TD’s & 7INT’s

At West VA:
- Geno Smith; 4,205yds 42TD’s & 6INT’s
- Clint Trickett; 3,285yds 18TD’s & 10INT’s

At Southern Miss:
- Nick Mullens; 3,272yds 24TD’s & 11INT’s

At Houston:
- Clayton Tune; 3,544yds 30TD’s & 10INT’s
- Clayton Tune; 4,074yds 40TD’s & 10IN’s

But yeah, he “suCks bRo!”...

You left out the most important stat relevant to this conversation. Clayton Tune attempted passes of 20 yards or more last year under Dawson.

Week 1- two
Week 2- six
Week 3- one
Week 4- seven
Week 5- three
Week 6- Five

Tyler van Dyke this year against Texas A&M - 3 passes attempted for 20 or more yards through the air.

Tyler this year against NC state? 3 passes attempted for 20 or more yards through the air . You can't make this up smh lol

Tyler this year against Miami ohio? 2 passes attempted for 20 or more yards

Tyler against unc? 8 passes attempted for 20 or more yards

Tyler against Bethune? 6 passes attempted of 20 or more yards

Pff exposes alot of people who claim to watch these games.

Last edited:
The offense did not change after the bye week. They were doing the same things against GT and UNC that they had done all year. The run game wasn't as dominant but it looked bad against the only p5 team we had played to that point so it wasn't a total shock that we couldn't run all over conference opponents. It was the turnovers that killed the offense in those games. It wasn't until the UVA game and especially the NC State game that the offense looked drastically different. They played it uber safe against Clemson and got out with a win and they kept that game plan going into the next two games. I get it that they can't trust the quarterback but they either need to make a switch or just say "**** it" because you're not going to win games against good teams being hyper conservative on offense and playing scared.

People who don’t know what they are watching (or aren’t even watching, it’s on in the background while you’re at a party) keep pointing to the GT game. GT came in like 110th in the country in rushing defense. They had been gutted on the ground all year. If Miami hadn’t come in with a run heavy approach, it’d have been malpractice. For whatever reason, they were half asleep that night and then TVD threw it to the other team 3 times, but we had 453 yards of offense. If running for 165 and throwing for 288 is “mariobro ball”, sign me up for that tomorrow afternoon.

Advertisement
Back