Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
As always I feel the truth is somewhere in between.... I highly doubt Mario saw what happened against Texas A&M with a good looking offense, spacing, speed etc., good press, lots of happy people and thought after GT NOW is the time to revert to caveman football.

My guess is TVD is hurt and when he gets hurt he seems to mentally check out as well. There are throws he is missing that he used to make in his sleep. I am not talking about reading a defense or forcing a ball to X, I am talking about a simple screen or slant that he is simply not accurate and that has never been an issue.

Now it could be a 70% TVD is still better than our backups and that is on coaching for not having a deep room. But I feel what is happening is TVD can't sling it around like he was and now Dawson probably has a different vision on how to get the offense back on track and Mario was to go power football. That seems much more plausible as oppose to Mario seeing a good offense and wanting to change it entirely.

Bro you’re taking that comment and acting like it absolved and coach or player of anything. Does that help this program or not? It’s not complicated. And if you’ve read what I said I actually put the blame for that getting publicity and someone on here saying it on the ******* coach himself. Lol. Literally I said whatever Coach he got that from basically needs to stfu and actually solve some problems instead of *****ing and trying to pass blame. But you’re choosing to ignore that, same way you’re ignoring that this absolutely also has been a discussion about pure passing vs running.m with Mario lol
ive already said it doesn't make a single difference. its a word of an unknown poster that the world doenst know. no one else takes it seriously. no one else even thinks its true bc were just fans and its all bull**** to the world. you gotta stop taking a bull**** site like this seriously. people laugh at message boards.

Agreed. Whose fault do you think that is? Do you honestly believe that the Head Coach watched Brashard Smiff take a ball 80 yards against Clemson and then told the Offensive Coordinator, "Make sure you don't use that guy ever again?" Or is it more likely that the OC didn't involve him in his gameplan and the HC didn't step in and say, "What the ****? Why isn't 0 getting the ball?"

It's been painfully obvious that the way teams have defended us the past few weeks is by dropping 8 into coverage on passing downs and running a zone, largely ignoring the MOF, and sinking under our outside receivers, effectively taking away their ability to go vertical or run shorter breaking routes. A rather easy solution to that would be to steal yards on delayed routes in the middle of the field, with either drag screens, draws, **** even a QB draw can get you 6 yards in your sleep, and we have ran all of these plays exactly 0.0 times. Do you believe the OC put these plays into the gameplan, and the HC told him to not run those plays, but continue to do the very thing that we've been struggling with?

We gotta use our heads here. ALL the coaches deserve blame, Mario included. But we have a quarterback who is OBLITERATED mentally. He can't throw the football accurately, and he is parlaying the insane amount of time he has to throw with no pressure into absolutely tattooing defensive backs with footballs. He's absolutely awful right now. So in response.....we've done....ZERO creatively to help him. No wildcat. No double pass to steal a cheap TD, no trick plays of any kind, no unique formations or unique personnel packages. Nothing at all. That's the offensive coordinator's job. And it's the HC's job to demand it. But we're not running "bro style" like everyone wants to just piggyback on around here because it's a fun buzz word.

We came out last week, with a QB who absolutely sucked *** the week before, and threw the ball 17 times to 11 runs before TVD threw his latest joke of a pick into the endzone AGAIN to rob the team of points. Again. Does that sound like "bro style" to you? Does that sound like a caveman defecating on Dawson's desk to "RuN tHE fooTBaLl!!!" ?? No. We had a POSITIVE pass rate over expectation before the QB **** the bed, AGAIN, and we got a little more conservative after that. Who wouldn't? This kid refuses to stop giving the ball to the other team? And it has nothing to do with Mario or Dawson. What does is there has been no creativity to help him, and we're not giving our best players enough chances with the ball. I cannot, for the life of me, make myself understand how it could POSSIBLY be that the offensive coordinator wants to give the ball to Smiff, for example, and the HC is ****ting on the idea. That's just unfathomable. So ALL these dudes share blame. But to say Dawson is some mad scientist and neanderthal Mario is "medding" in his outside the box creativity is ******* moronic. The whole offensive staff isn't helping matters right now, but MUCH more importantly, we are trotting out a literal turnover machine to play quarterback. This dude has more time to throw the ball than he does in 7-on-7 and he's flat out peppering defensive backs with footballs. These aren't one on one shots down the field where DBs are making miraculous plays. This is throwing directly into a clearly identified coverage as if you had a lobotomy. Over and over. And when the OC does call a good play (the stutter and go inside slot wheel to X against UVA), the kid underthrows the ball by 10 yards. Or by 5-6 yards in the endzone against NC State.

He's unplayable right now. Dawson isn't helping. Mario isn't demanding he help. But coming on this board and starting this toxic *** thread knowing **** well where it'd lead is ******* gross. The kids on the field are doing enough to damage the program. They don't need any help from us.
Hey Dude Man GIF by CBC

Yeah, and that might also open up the TE in the middle of the field too.
I'm cool if its Emory or Jacurri, but I would prefer Emory like you as well.
Side note: I think TVD gives Miami the best shot to win if he somehow wakes up and rolls back the clock to September.

But if it’s not TVD, that’s the plan I want to see for Emory.

Advertisement
Lane does whatever it takes to win. Last year he was waaaaay run heavy, but was very multiple in how he accomplished it.
This board loves to bring up Lane as if he was the answer over Mario.

Maybe, maybe not but I am going to keep posting this alarming stat:

Lane Kiffin is 1-19 in his HC career vs P5 teams finishing with 9 or more wins (aka actual good teams).

Imagine if Mario had that stat.

Excellent offensive mind but being able to score and not beat quality teams doesn't move the needle either.

Bonus point- Lincoln Riley, another offensive guru, has three losses with a Heisman winner and likely #1 overall pick, likely a 4th coming this weekend and a possible 5th against UCLA.

But Mario did less with more when he went 12-2 including a rose bowl win with Herbert according to the pitch fork crowd.

Fascinating.

Now it could be a 70% TVD is still better than our backups and that is on coaching for not having a deep room. But I feel what is happening is TVD can't sling it around like he was and now Dawson probably has a different vision on how to get the offense back on track and Mario was to go power football. That seems much more plausible as oppose to Mario seeing a good offense and wanting to change it entirely.

This is fair

Lane Kiffin is 1-19 in his HC career vs P5 teams finishing with 9 or more wins (aka actual good teams).

Excellent offensive mind but being able to score and not beat quality teams doesn't move the needle either.

Bonus point- Lincoln Riley, another offensive guru, has three losses with a Heisman winner and likely #1 overall pick, likely a 4th coming this weekend and a possible 5th against UCLA.

But Mario did less with more when he went 12-2 including a rose bowl win with Herbert according to the pitch fork crowd.

Fascinating.
Be careful posting facts that go against the narratives of CIS posters.

Advertisement

Fascinating.

He also led Ole Miss to it's first 10 win regular season since the 60's, and is about to repeat the feat again. Again, that's something that hadn't happened in more than half a century and he's on the verge of doing it twice within 4 years in the best conference in CFB.

I'll take a coach that beats all the less talented teams and has usually has competitive games against more talented teams. I can live with losing to the Bamas and UGAs but I can't tolerate scoring 6 pts against schools like NC St.

Advertisement

Fascinating.
not to say that lane is the best ever but he is at a historically trash program in the toughest division in football. hes done more than any coach has ever done in the past 60 years or so. Oregon is far far far ahead of OM prior to even Mario going there.

Riley went 55-10 at OU w the best winning percentage in OU history. he won 11 games in year 1 at USC. if Mario had done either of those, no one would care bout a down year, but go on talking **** bout two coaches far better than Mario as a HC

Whatever everyone’s opinion regarding TVD, the fact is that Dawson has no track record of success as an OC

-at WVU it was well known that Holgorsen ran the offense and called the plays

-he tried to spread his wings w/o Hologorsen and took a job as Kentucky’s OC. He sucked badly (95th ranked offense) and was fired after one year.

-following UK he got hired as SoMiss OC where he proceeded to oversee the 41st ranked offense in 2016, 58th ranked offense in 2017 and 89th in 2018 after which he was let go again

-following the 2018 season he couldn’t get any OC jobs so Holgorsen hired him back as TE coach at Houston for 2019 and QB coach in 2020.

So we’re up to 2021 and Dawson has never been a successful OC

So how did he get hired? He became Holgorsen’s OC again For the 2022 season and Houston finished with the 15th ranked offense. Was that Holgorsen again or did Dawson finally, for once in his life, coach good offense. Who knows.

But that’s it. That’s our OC. A journeyman caliber resume throughout the entirety of his career, with one year where “maybe” he coached a successful offense. That’s Dawson.

Advertisement
Whatever everyone’s opinion regarding TVD, the fact is that Dawson has no track record of success as an OC

-he tried to spread his wings w/o Hologorsen and took a job as Kentucky’s OC. He sucked badly (95th ranked offense) and was fired after one year.

-following UK he got hired as SoMiss OC where he proceeded to oversee the 41st ranked offense in 2016, 58th ranked offense in 2017 and 89th in 2018 after which he was let go again

-following the 2018 season he couldn’t get any OC jobs so Holgorsen hired him back as TE coach at Houston for 2019 and QB coach in 2020.

So how did he get hired? He became Holgorsen’s OC again For the 2022 season and Houston finished with the 15th ranked offense. Was that Holgorsen again or did Dawson finally, for once in his life, coach good offense. Who knows.

But that’s it. That’s our OC. A journeyman caliber resume throughout the entirety of his career, with one year where “maybe” he coached a successful offense. That’s Dawson.
I find it very interesting that you purposely left out how Mario meddled with Dawson at each stop that he failed at. Take your lies elsewhere. You have no power here.

Go Away Power GIF

Fascinating.
Context doesn’t matter in these parts.

So why did Mario hire him?

Fascinating.
Coach record: 7-4, 3-7-1, 7-5, 4-5-2, 8-4. 2-12 against top 25. I guess y’all wouldn’t want him either. By the way that was Jimmy Johnson’s record at Oklahoma St before Miami. Context matters. If it was up to y’all we would never have had JJ as coach. Do not want bc he can’t beat top 25 teams lol.

Advertisement
Back