Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
not to say that lane is the best ever but he is at a historically trash program in the toughest division in football. hes done more than any coach has ever done in the past 60 years or so. Oregon is far far far ahead of OM prior to even Mario going there.

Riley went 55-10 at OU w the best winning percentage in OU history. he won 11 games in year 1 at USC. if Mario had done either of those, no one would care bout a down year, but go on talking **** bout two coaches far better than Mario as a HC
So you are going to pretend Lane never coached at USC or Tennessee?

Reality is Lane has not proven that he is a better HC than Mario to date. Quite the opposite based on the facts but go on.

Will you defend Lane for his time at Tennessee and USC and simultaneously refuse to acknowledge that Mario walked into a **** storm culturally and talent wise?

Nowhere in my post did I say Riley hasn't proven more than Mario. He absolutely has.

My point is that Mario gets bashed for "limiting" or "holding back" Herbert. Just pointing out that Riley is likely going 8-4 at best with an actual heisman winner and likely #1 overall player.

But go on and keep bashing the HC that is actually proven he can win against quality opponents.

Coach record: 7-4, 3-7-1, 7-5, 4-5-2, 8-4. 2-12 against top 25. I guess y’all wouldn’t want him either. By the way that was Jimmy Johnson’s record at Oklahoma St before Miami. Context matters. If it was up to y’all we would never have had JJ as coach. Do not want bc he can’t beat top 25 teams lol.
JJ didn't coach at three P5 schools before coming here either.

He is a good coach. Just not buying he is better than Mario.

Better schemetaically for sure, but as a roster/culture builder, no. The argument against the other's weakness is equally strong.

Anyone notices soon as the offense gets set to get on the field after a kickoff, punt, or turnover he’s putting the headset on barking. I saw it a few times this season. Like really why you got on a headset talking. But it kind of makes sense now how after that bye week the offense went Stone Age

JJ didn't coach at three P5 schools before coming here either.

He is a good coach. Just not buying he is better than Mario.

Better schemetaically for sure, but as a roster/culture builder, no. The argument against the other's weakness is equally strong.
Lane in his only year at Tenn improved wins (by 2) from the previous year. Went to USC and was faced with crippling sanctions (equal to or second to Miami’s) and still pulled in the #3, #3, and #8 recruiting classes. Only team in history where the NCAA allowed jr and seniors to transfer without penalty. At the end of his tenure at USC they had less than 50 scholarship players (barely enough for a 2 deep). Went to Bama rehab and after won 2 conference titles in 3 years at FAU. First year at Ole Miss was during COVID and didn’t have a spring but yet with 2 less game still improved their record from the previous year. Went 10-3 the next year and is now on the verge for another 10 win season. Ole Miss has only had 3 ten win seasons in their history. If he gets 10 this year he will own half of those seasons. Again context matters.

Advertisement

Reality is Lane has not proven that he is a better HC than Mario to date. Quite the opposite based on the facts but go on.

Will you defend Lane for his time at Tennessee and USC and simultaneously refuse to acknowledge that Mario walked into a **** storm culturally and talent wise?

Nowhere in my post did I say Riley hasn't proven more than Mario. He absolutely has.

My point is that Mario gets bashed for "limiting" or "holding back" Herbert. Just pointing out that Riley is likely going 8-4 at best with an actual heisman winner and likely #1 overall player.

But go on and keep bashing the HC that is actually proven he can win against quality opponents.
he spent one year at tenn and improved them. he recruited well despite sanctions at USC. hes a better HC imo. also include the fact that lane won a lot more than Mario at an equally bad program at FAU.

look you can think Mario is better. its not like hes going anywhere. so far, he has proven the opposite as a miami HC. lane has won more at OM than Mario has here. Mario is worse than Manny as a miami HC so far.

were stuck w the big oof win or lose bc we can't afford to get out of that deal

Lane in his only year at Tenn improved wins (by 2) from the previous year. Went to USC and was faced with crippling sanctions (equal to or second to Miami’s) and still pulled in the #3, #3, and #8 recruiting classes. Only team in history where the NCAA allowed jr and seniors to transfer without penalty. At the end of his tenure at USC they had less than 50 scholarship players (barely enough for a 2 deep). Went to Bama rehab and after won 2 conference titles in 3 years at FAU. First year at Ole Miss was during COVID and didn’t have a spring but yet with 2 less game still improved their record from the previous year. Went 10-3 the next year and is now on the verge for another 10 win season. Ole Miss has only had 3 ten win seasons in their history. If he gets 10 this year he will own half of those seasons. Again context matters.
Is that more impressive than what Mario did at FIU? or does context not matter in that scenario?

Oregon went 4-8 and 7-6 in the years prior to Mario.

They went 9-4, 12-2 conf title, 4-3 conf title in covid year, and 10-3.

Did he not improve what he inherited at both stops?

Second question for you: If lane landed those classes, why only 1 win over a 9 win P5 team in 20 attempts?

Both guys CAN improve their resumes.

You can't show concrete evidence that Lane is a better HC than Mario based on what they HAVE done.

he spent one year at tenn and improved them. he recruited well despite sanctions at USC. hes a better HC imo. also include the fact that lane won a lot more than Mario at an equally bad program at FAU.

look you can think Mario is better. its not like hes going anywhere. so far, he has proven the opposite as a miami HC. lane has won more at OM than Mario has here. Mario is worse than Manny as a miami HC so far.

were stuck w the big oof win or lose bc we can't afford to get out of that deal
You can't equate the FIU Mario inherited to the FAU lane inherited.

Not even close. Not going to detail the scholarship numbers and facility issues here but it's been done on this board plenty.

Differing opinions are fine but that's all you have provided is an opinion. There isn't proof that Lane is a better HC than Mario. There are concerning with him as well.

Is that more impressive than what Mario did at FIU? or does context not matter in that scenario?

Oregon went 4-8 and 7-6 in the years prior to Mario.

They went 9-4, 12-2 conf title, 4-3 conf title in covid year, and 10-3.

Did he not improve what he inherited at both stops?

Second question for you: If lane landed those classes, why only 1 win over a 9 win P5 team in 20 attempts?

Both guys CAN improve their resumes.

You can't show concrete evidence that Lane is a better HC than Mario based on what they HAVE done.
Did you miss the part where they had less than 50 scholarship players at USC. They could barely practice bc of the lack of depth. Mario has taken a team that went 7-5 the previous year and went 5-7. He made such horrendous hiring decisions that he had to fire over half his staff. We won’t even go into this year. More than likely he will be on his third OC in three years at Miami. Whereas Lane went 10-3 in his second year at Ole Miss in the SEC. Mario will be lucky just to get back to 7-5 in the ACC in his second year. Can we agree that Miami is NOT Ole Miss and Miami has a much easier conference schedule?

Advertisement
You can't equate the FIU Mario inherited to the FAU lane inherited.

Not even close. Not going to detail the scholarship numbers and facility issues here but it's been done on this board plenty.

Differing opinions are fine but that's all you have provided is an opinion. There isn't proof that Lane is a better HC than Mario. There are concerning with him as well.

you've provided an opinion that you think Mario is better. it think what lane is doing at OM is far better than what Mario has done at Oregon since Oregon has more support, more money and they were in two title games pre Mario which is something OM has never done. so far, hes a waste of money and a thief for the results we've seen in his miami tenure. we made a mistake in giving him 10 years for a guy who isnt close to elite. I wouldn't have given lane that deal either and I think theyre better coaches out there than both. either way were stuck with him now and for the long term future.

Lol I come back and see CIS still falling for fake insiders.
IMG_5844.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This board loves to bring up Lane as if he was the answer over Mario.

Maybe, maybe not but I am going to keep posting this alarming stat:

Lane Kiffin is 1-19 in his HC career vs P5 teams finishing with 9 or more wins (aka actual good teams).

Imagine if Mario had that stat.

Excellent offensive mind but being able to score and not beat quality teams doesn't move the needle either.

Bonus point- Lincoln Riley, another offensive guru, has three losses with a Heisman winner and likely #1 overall pick, likely a 4th coming this weekend and a possible 5th against UCLA.

But Mario did less with more when he went 12-2 including a rose bowl win with Herbert according to the pitch fork crowd.

Fascinating.

We would have had four national championships if Kiffen had come here two years ago. I don't care what you say.

Go check the records before Mario took over Miami and Lane took over Ole Miss and report back...

Did you miss the part where they had less than 50 scholarship players at USC. They could barely practice bc of the lack of depth. Mario has taken a team that went 7-5 the previous year and went 5-7. He made such horrendous hiring decisions that he had to fire over half his staff. We won’t even go into this year. More than likely he will be on his third OC in three years at Miami. Whereas Lane went 10-3 in his second year at Ole Miss in the SEC. Mario will be lucky just to get back to 7-5 in the ACC in his second year. Can we agree that Miami is NOT Ole Miss and Miami has a much easier conference schedule?

Why did USC and Raiders fire this winner, then?

Advertisement
Back