Not breaking news, but…

Yea his resume does speak for itself. Got fired after 1 season at Kentucky and almost got his playcalling duties taken away from him last year at Houston lol
More like...
At SFA:
- Jeremy Moses; 3,708yds 36TD’s & 16INT’s
- Brady Attaway; 3,181yds 27TD’s & 7INT’s

At West VA:
- Geno Smith; 4,205yds 42TD’s & 6INT’s
- Clint Trickett; 3,285yds 18TD’s & 10INT’s

At Southern Miss:
- Nick Mullens; 3,272yds 24TD’s & 11INT’s

At Houston:
- Clayton Tune; 3,544yds 30TD’s & 10INT’s
- Clayton Tune; 4,074yds 40TD’s & 10IN’s

But yeah, he “suCks bRo!”...

Advertisement
This Is Fine GIF

Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
So Mario is going to pick another OC for the 3rd year in a row? I bet you he will spend 2 months trying to convince Jason Candle to come here and then in late February he will settle on Plan D.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
Hard to see Dawson leaving first because it would be his second P5 job were he just lasted one year, second he makes a decent amount of money is he willing to take a pay cut

So Mario is going to pick another OC for 3 years in a row? I bet you he will spend 2 months trying to convince Jason Candle to come here and then in late February he will settle on Plan D.
Sean Lewis runs the perfect balance of run and pass but probably runs to much of a tempo offense for Mario’s liking

Advertisement
I wasn't enamored with Diaz but the fact is he was effectively fired halfway through his third season. He should have either been given more time or Cristobal should be on the hot seat next season. Not hating on Cristobal but fair is fair. Diaz had a tiny chance of getting the BOT to reconsider if he ran the table and finished on a 7 game win streak. Unfortunately for Diaz we dropped one more so his fate was sealed. And that was coming off an 8-3 shortened season, which almost certainly would have been a 10 win season if we'd stuck to the original pre-Covid schedule (three more cupcakes, no Clemson).

As for recruiting, right now we're praying Cristobal goes portal hunting, which is something that Diaz was demonstrably better at (landing one of the most coveted dual threat QBs in the country was pretty impressive). Diaz fixed his year 1 OC hire and showed he didn't have an objection to high octane offenses. I think he would have picked another spread OC after Lashlee's departure. Diaz was terrible with defense, but I suspect he would have relinquished control of the defense if it meant his job was on the line. This is not a hagiography of Diaz - I just don't see where hiring Cristobal is a clearly superior choice to giving Diaz the 5 million per year that ended up going to Cristobals salary, and telling Diaz to use it to hire the best coordinators and recruiting staff in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i dont think we have ran 1 draw all year qb or rb draw

Literally not one. 3rd and 9, they immediately drop 8 and desert the middle of the field cause the QB can’t run, would you ever run a delayed draw and get your big OL out in front of back? Would you ever run a delayed middle screen to a tight end or slot receiver? All these dudes do is play umbrella coverage every time it’s an obvious passing down because 1) we haven’t solved it 2) they’re not gonna pressure the QB anyway if they rush 4 or 5 3) they don’t have to account for the QB running. Have we run a single draw the entire season? Nope.

Mario’s fault tho. He meddled. Dawson has a bunch drawn up, he calls them in games and Mario gets on the headset and overrules him and says to run a curl route into a blanketed zone.

Some of you need professional help.

EDIT: I want to say I don’t think this is all on Dawson in the least bit. We have a major problem at quarterback. Dawson has left a lot to be desired, but guys are open. We can’t throw the ball to them and instead we throw it to the other team. This screenshot sucks but this throw steals 7 points from us. Even with a ****** QB, it steals 3 points from us. This isn’t Dawson’s fault. This isn’t ******* meddling. This is poor quarterback play. Period.

IMG_3203.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back