North Carolina at Miami (1-5-21) on ESPN at 8 pm

Problem is two seasons ago it was FBI, Hernandez eligibilty and injury. Larranaga gets a pass because we were a tournament team 3 years in a row. Last year it was the injury excuse. Although 3 played in 31 games. 2 in 30, 1 in 28. 1 in 26, 1 in 25 and Stone in 18. Even when healthy we were not a good team and embarassingly bad on the road. Jim gets another pass. At some point enough is enough.
At some point you run out of excuses. This is a what have you done for me lately profession. We are on our way to our 3rd straight losing season (or at best this team fights and claws to get to or slightly above .500).

Like I said above, our record over the last 3 seasons would put any Head Coach and his staff on the hot seat at basically every other program. But here? Nothing. Our administration hasn't even given Jim the dreaded public vote of confidence. I guess they are happy with sub .500 basketball on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
He had defended well all game. Could've just been a lapse. Cross did not do a good enough job helping out either. Winning teams find ways to get stops in those situations.

I agree and Miami is learning an important lesson on how to win games this season.
They are a possession or two away from being 7-2 or 8-1.

My High School team moved the ball better than Miami the last 4 or 5 years. Spacing is atrocious.

I guess we are almost used to it, but when Beverly THREW-UP those last 2 FT attempts, they were so casual - poorly aimed, I wanted to THROW-UP. But he's just one of several disappointments out there.
If we didn't need him out there because of the team's injury problems, he should be getting major *** time sitting on the bench. Don't know if he is ****ed at coach L, but he wasn't even trying on those FTs. Would not make me mad if he hit the transfer portal once we get some players back. All you had to do is take one look at his face after he missed those FTs to know he did not care one way or the other.

Advertisement
Problem is two seasons ago it was FBI, Hernandez eligibilty and injury. Larranaga gets a pass because we were a tournament team 3 years in a row. Last year it was the injury excuse. Although 3 played in 31 games. 2 in 30, 1 in 28. 1 in 26, 1 in 25 and Stone in 18. Even when healthy we were not a good team and embarassingly bad on the road. Jim gets another pass. At some point enough is enough.
Jim should not get passes for last year and this year. His roster management has been awful the last couple of years not using all the available ships given to him. It's time for him to retire after this year. Seems like this program could never recover from that Loyola loss in 18.

Advertisement
Back