Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I don't think I could ever do the warchant; even to mock them. I'd feel filthy. I go to Braves games sometimes and even then I don't do. Tom Petty, well that's a different story. I'll blast some Petty on a roadtrip. UF don't own them. Bums.
What if we followed with "in 3" this week, "in 4" next week, etc.?

Advertisement
1726500779459.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't see them with a winning record.

vs Cal: toss-up
@SMU: toss-up
vs. Clemson: loss
@Duke: win
@Miami: loss
vs. UNC: toss-up
@ Notre Dame: loss
vs Charleston: win
vs. Florida: toss-up

3 likely losses, 2 likely wins and 4 toss-ups. 7-5 best case scenario, 2-10 worst case. I personally expect a 3- or 4-win season. When/if they lose to Cal, the players will mentally check out and the wheels will fall off given so many me-guys on the roster.

When you're 0-3 and your QB is struggling to complete a forward pass, everything becomes a toss-up.

I would not be so quick to assume Duke is a win for them, as much as Manny's defense gets dragged around here, he has given Norvell's offenses some problems, and BJ Gungalagunga can't hit passes to exploit it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From an article by Ira Schoffel on Warchant:

On DJ: it’s clear after three games this marriage isn’t working. And I’m not putting the blame for that on him; I’m putting it on Norvell. This wasn’t a case of missing an evaluation on a talented young quarterback who had trouble adjusting to the college game. This was a guy who had played 40 games at two different universities. There was film upon film upon film. And yet Norvell apparently decided that he could get more out of him than those previous two schools.

I think Mike Norvell is an excellent offensive coach (despite what things look like this season). But I also believe excellent coaches sometimes believe it’s more about them than the players.

I’m not sure who else Norvell looked at in the transfer portal before bringing Uiagalelei and Ward in for official visits. Maybe Florida State didn’t have a realistic chance at any of the more proven commodities. But if he brought Uiagalelei in believing he was going to transform him into some much different player than he was over the previous four years, then that was a lapse in judgement.

Advertisement
Back