No thread on Martinez?

Miami04

Senior
3 carries 3 yards.

Lowest output in both categories out of all RB that played. Plus, a lot of dancing behind the line.

Do we think he got sat because of ineffectiveness? Do we see Fletcher start next week? AJ definitely deserves more carries.

Advertisement
Not better than them South Florida Backs
Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
3 carries 3 yards.

Lowest output in both categories out of all RB that played. Plus, a lot of dancing behind the line.

Do we think he got sat because of ineffectiveness? Do we see Fletcher start next week? AJ definitely deserves more carries.

He might not be comfortable in the offense yet. I think he’ll get it figured out and will put up really good numbers once we get to ACC play.

Advertisement
Why does allen deserve more pt? Because he put up numbers vs ball st backups?
I dont Think that’s fair, ajay Allen has shown he’s always productive no matter the comp since being at Miami. Plus im not that impressed with the “top 3” rbs in the rotation as to why he or even cj shouldn’t get an increase workload. Not like they are knocking it out the park, they have their moments I guess. Allen is just an efficient runner while cj just has game breaking ability we have missed

Yeah it's a Camshow for sure. He shines bright enough we don't care.

But seriously, that's terrible for a starting running back. His stats for all the games combine for what we were led to believe would be 1 games worth from him.

Keep lighting them up and scoring points!

I don't think he was being held out due to performance. It was partly that it was Ball St and why risk Martinez just to pad his statline. The other part is that it's likely going to be a long season and this was a glorified pre season game.

As to why Martinez had 3 yards and 3 carries. It's a function of all the 8 man boxes that Ball ST was running as they clearly were choosing to stop the run and leave themselves open to our passing game which Cam made them pay dearly for. The other reason Martinez may be struggling is that he came from a completely different running scheme at Oregon St who run an outside zone scheme. We run inside zone/Duo and I've said from the beginning that it's going to take some time for Martinez to adjust and that time is going to come during the season in real games not practice or camp. Look for Martinez to have it all click by ACC play give or take a game or two.

Advertisement
1. There is certainly an element of load management here coupled with Fletcher coming back healthier than anticipated, Lyle/CJJ's emergences. I do think this can/will be more of a conversation in October if we aren't seeing more reps/production from him.

2. The Ball State game was unique in that we were down 3 lineman and Fletcher was in the game a lot for pass pro (probably our best back in that department).

Advertisement
Not judging him with this predictable run game we’ve thrown out so far. If Dawson opens it up and he still struggles then that’s when I say maybe there is a problem

Field conditions sucked also and he’s a big bruiser back.

But also maybe he’s just not playing as well as fletcher who’s in the second year in the system. Who gives af. Play the best guy I don’t care how much money he got paid
I honestly Don’t think fletcher is playing all that well like people keep repeating either, but coming back from the injury yes he’s been solid and has had his moments . Could be better just like Martinez

Last edited:
3 carries 3 yards.

Thing is with Martinez the OL needs to open up lanes and they not doing a good job of that imo

Advertisement
Back