No thread on Martinez?

What is weird to me is I feel like the same people who want to say Martinez is not looking like a #1 back through 3 games are the same people saying dont crown (insert random player playing well here) because its only against 3 bad teams and we should wait for the season to get rolling.

Cam has said in just about every post game interview they are not even close to opening the playbook. I have to assume that also includes the run game. Unless Dawson is just saying F the run game (and with Mario we know he wants to establish a LOS so this aint it) it looks very vanilla. Like **** near ever run is a dive or something simple inside the tackles. Even most of the passing concepts are simply relying on our guy being better. Not a lot of schemed open guys. Just run your route and be better than the guy in front of you. Shockingly it works to an extent but I think lets just see how things play out once ACC play starts. I still expect big things from Martinez and Fletch this year.

Advertisement
What is weird to me is I feel like the same people who want to say Martinez is not looking like a #1 back through 3 games are the same people saying dont crown (insert random player playing well here) because its only against 3 bad teams and we should wait for the season to get rolling.

Cam has said in just about every post game interview they are not even close to opening the playbook. I have to assume that also includes the run game. Unless Dawson is just saying F the run game (and with Mario we know he wants to establish a LOS so this aint it) it looks very vanilla. Like **** near ever run is a dive or something simple inside the tackles. Even most of the passing concepts are simply relying on our guy being better. Not a lot of schemed open guys. Just run your route and be better than the guy in front of you. Shockingly it works to an extent but I think lets just see how things play out once ACC play starts. I still expect big things from Martinez and Fletch this year.

We hear this all the time I just hope it’s true this time. Need more run designs like Fletchers TD against UF.

I guess it's hard to imagine we've been limiting film output. Believe it or not, y'all choice. But we haven't even opened up our playbook yet and for those of y'all complaining about Damian maybe take a look at what the majority of his calls have been SINCE WEEK 1. He's been taking dives 90% of the time. Do you know what a dive is intended for beyond short yardage? It's intended to beat the will out of a defensive line. Anotherwords majority of his carries so far have been to impose our will on the defense. Let's all calm down just a lil with now saying pull the man's carries... Jesus
Nope, sorry. Can’t have that here. That is reason and logic. GTFOH with all of that nonsense.

Advertisement
martinez will be fine, it was clear that they went into the game thinking others would get the carries. personally, I suspect any concerns about martinez to disappear as we get into the meat of our schedule

Advertisement
Mario is stubborn and just wants to power run the ball.
Mario throws the ball too much.
Think Season 5 GIF by New Girl

Advertisement
Jfc… just wait and watch these next two games. Downhill back that needs his touches to get going and he wears you down. A little more creativity in the run game will help him and the backs out tremendously

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back