No thread on Martinez?

3 carries 3 yards.

Lowest output in both categories out of all RB that played. Plus, a lot of dancing behind the line.

Do we think he got sat because of ineffectiveness? Do we see Fletcher start next week? AJ definitely deserves more carries.
No. I think they are conserving him for the real meat of the schedule. Which is smart if u think ur going to the playoffs that adds more games

Advertisement
Vs Florida

Martinez: 15 for 65 ,4.3 ypc,longest, 17yds
Fletcher: 7 carries 3.3 ypc, 2tds, longest 10yds

Vs famu

Martinez: 11 for 91 yards 8.3 ypc, 1td, lng 33 yds
Fletcher: 5 for 42 yards 8.4 ypc, 1td, lng 23 yds

Fletcher was better vs ball st, martinez i don’t think even got a carry after the first series. The Martinez stuff is getting overblown lol he has been the better back in two of the 3 games, both have been good including lyle.

Advertisement
Vs Florida

Vs famu

Fletcher was better vs ball st, martinez i don’t think even got a carry after the first series. The Martinez stuff is getting overblown lol he has been the better back in two of the 3 games, both have been good including lyle.

The voice of reason. Thank you.

He's averaging 5.5 ypc so far in limited time against defenses that were heavily trying to stop the run. Not worried about it.
Agreed, maybe since we know what Martinez has done and can do, they chose to give th reps to kids that need the reps at this level . Flectcher being hurt and CJ a kid. Borh need those reps to acclimate. Martinez not so much, bc he’s a known commodity and a vet. He will make his adjustments bc he knows how. Just sayin’

Advertisement
Vs Florida

Vs famu

I was in the Gameday thread against Florida

Our fans were trashing Fletcher at the beginning of the game and then he was 10x the back Martinez was by the end

They think I forget…

Martinez had 3 carries in the first half. Fletcher had 4. The game was 31-0 at halftime. Fletcher got two more 3rd quarter carries before hitting the showers. I don’t think they were stressing getting RB1 more touches in the second half of a blowout game.

The whole purpose of having powerful running backs is that in the second half they excel against worn down defenses. We haven’t had a game that wasn’t over at halftime yet.

Martinez had 3 carries in the first half. Fletcher had 4. The game was 31-0 at halftime. Fletcher got two more 3rd quarter carries before hitting the showers. I don’t think they were stressing getting RB1 more touches in the second half of a blowout game.

The whole purpose of having powerful running backs is that in the second half they excel against worn down defenses. We haven’t had a game that wasn’t over at halftime yet.
Allen was fun to watch but by the time he got in that Ball St defense was absolutely savaged

And like you’re saying…that’s the point

Advertisement
I guess it's hard to imagine we've been limiting film output. Believe it or not, y'all choice. But we haven't even opened up our playbook yet and for those of y'all complaining about Damian maybe take a look at what the majority of his calls have been SINCE WEEK 1. He's been taking dives 90% of the time. Do you know what a dive is intended for beyond short yardage? It's intended to beat the will out of a defensive line. Anotherwords majority of his carries so far have been to impose our will on the defense. Let's all calm down just a lil with now saying pull the man's carries... Jesus

And with his excellent pass blocking, mix in a few good runs in there too and he’s been pretty **** solid coming off the injury he had
Absolutely. And some people had the nerve to say he’s gonna hit the portal after this year. ******* 1 quarter into the new season and people wrote him off lol. Just comical.

Advertisement
I guess it's hard to imagine we've been limiting film output. Believe it or not, y'all choice. But we haven't even opened up our playbook yet and for those of y'all complaining about Damian maybe take a look at what the majority of his calls have been SINCE WEEK 1. He's been taking dives 90% of the time. Do you know what a dive is intended for beyond short yardage? It's intended to beat the will out of a defensive line. Anotherwords majority of his carries so far have been to impose our will on the defense. Let's all calm down just a lil with now saying pull the man's carries... Jesus
Knock on wood with this one….but all our backs have held onto the ball through 3 games. Unlike others who are no longer here….

I was in the Gameday thread against Florida

Our fans were trashing Fletcher at the beginning of the game and then he was 10x the back Martinez was by the end

They think I forget…
Yup, we had CIS' finest dip****s literally posting that Fletcher should be taken out of the RB rotation. Then Fletcher made all of them his *******!

Advertisement
Back